Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. LWares87 Moogle Assistant

i wouldn't know how to do it, but it will take some extensive coding to impliment the reaction commands...

At the time of posting, i've just started Traverse Town and most of the text that world (apart from the menus) are garbled.

i'm guessing that only the extra cutscenes have been translated at this time, as it hasn't been updated since 27/9/13.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  2. axel rose Merlin's Housekeeper

completed, I did everything, all the bosses, all weapons and equipment, all of the mushrooms. prime cap, all magic arts, rare truffle 50,100 hits, 100 hits pink agaricus, all at level 100, rare item from the black mushroom. all abilities all characters are equipped.Special video.kurt siza.unknow,sephiroth,phantom jap,defeated,all puppies,all trinity ,save the king save the queen , ultima weapon. ps2 bug:hollow bastion parties not playable in the game translated like waterway, large living room, unknown is playable instead.phantom does not do magic ko early. the boundaries of the way they are playable

3. Hiei Jaganshi Moogle Assistant

AXEL ROSE, so is complete after all? Really? Like, the translation project is finished? Where can I download the patch? Or download the configured ISO of the game?
    And If you or someone could help with patching the game to english I will be glad as well.

Thank you guys, you are amazing and thank you so much for your great efforts on this game!

4. darkmandrago Merlin's Housekeeper

He meant h
    He meant that he has finished the game 100% not that the translation was 100% done.

5. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

I'm in the process of fixing up Hollow Bastion and adding the missing speech bubble text. Right now I believe the only text I'm missing is some Final Mix exclusive stuff of the princesses talking right before you decide to fight Unknown. I've been trying to find an english youtube playthough of 1.5 HD Remix of this exact moment but to no avail.

If any of you own a copy of 1.5 and have a save set right before fighting Unknown, I would love for someone to talk to the princesses and take screenshots (or camera/phone pics) of each of their responses and post them here. They should be saying the following lines:
    The reason why I need screenshots is because I want to match the way the text is aligned to how it looks on 1.5. If one of you guys can help me out with this that would be awesome! Once I have those, I'll probably play around with a few more things and upload the new files! :D

6. TheGershon Destiny Islands Resident

I've got you covered, it'll take me a couple minutes but it'll be quick.[DOUBLEPOST=1394158285][/DOUBLEPOST]Hope you don't mind a zip file, the last picture is a separate conversation with Jasmine after you've talked to her once.

https://www.mediafire.com/?64cux7enp8rylhl

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  7. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Updated:

Agrabah (Moved to Phase 2)
    - Fixed text spacing.
    - Any incorrect doorway text should now be correct.

Atlantica (Moved to Phase 2)
    - Minor text update.

End of the World
    - Translated & aligned Riku's Final Mix exclusive scene.

Hollow Bastion (Moved to Phase 2)
    - Complete text overhaul. Translated a whole lot of new lines as well as updated a few existing ones.
    * This includes some Final Mix exclusive speech bubble text of the princesses before fighting Unknown. (Thanks TheGershon!)

* There are several lines still untranslated. But I have yet to run into most of these parts in-game, so it should be nothing major.
    * If any of you guys find garbled speech bubble text in Hollow Bastion while playing please post a screenshot here so I can try to translate it. A game save of that part might be helpful as well.

Halloween Town (Moved to Phase 2)
    - Fixed text spacing.

Olympus Coliseum
    - Swapped Yes/No options when asked to start over (Originally no meant yes & yes meant no).

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  8. LegendOfAB Moogle Assistant

Hey, guys. I took a break from the game but i'm getting into it again. I was gonna remake my iso with the latest translation files and was wondering if the Zipball builder has them. Since it was apparently updated 2 days ago.

9. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

The zipball only contains the changes I made to Olympus Coliseum, which was only a yes/no box. If you want all the recent changes your best bet would be to hop on the drive and snag all the incomplete files.

10. LegendOfAB Moogle Assistant

Was hoping i wouldn't have to do things the manual way, but...*crack knuckles*

Thanks.

11. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

I haven't uploaded any changes since my last post, but I just thought that the subs look a bit too high since we added the widescreen hack and letterbox removal. So I've decided to lower the text a bit. I'll be posting new files within a couple of days, but to get an idea of what I mean, here's an example:

[​IMG]

12. LWares87 Moogle Assistant

just to kindly ask, does adding the files to my Google Drive account allow me to sync/download the latest updates as and when they are added?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  13. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Nice. Didn't even realize they did that. Would have looked into it if i did. Nice work.

14. skyr2d2 Moogle Assistant

Hey, is there an updated installer out for this or do i have to do it manually with the old installer? if not, then is there a place to get the updated translation files?

15. RyanPerez Moogle Assistant

Guys where can i find the patch? Sorry for being a newbie. And how do I apply/install it? It's been a year since I've visited this thread. Thanks to who will help me :D

16. root670 Destiny Islands Resident

17. darkmandrago Merlin's Housekeeper

Hey guys, this isn't for this patch specifically but I was playing the English translated KH2FM and I set the resolution to the same as my screen and it looks great but i'm not sure whether the character is supposed to be thinner or larger because i set it as 16:9 i think and it looked great but Roxas looked a bit bigger than i remember him so i set it to 4:3 again i thing and he looked skinnier than i remember so is there anything like that in this patch and if so what should i have it set at so it looks good but isn't stretched or squished or anything.

18. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

should be thinner. Check pcsx2. File "enable widescreen patches"

19. darkmandrago Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks that should make it look better.[DOUBLEPOST=1395460718][/DOUBLEPOST]can't find it anywhere i've looked through the menu's and files and can't figure out where it is. sorry to be a pain.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  20. Trilix Twilight Town Denizen

Kind of off topic, but click here and scroll down to find an attachment. Open the RAR file and go to NTSC-J > Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. Take the file that's in there and put it in the "cheats_ws" folder where your PCSX2 is installed. Then open PCSX2 and at the top click the "System" dropdown menu and hit "Enable Widescreen Patches". Boom, good to go.