Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Porting Thread (HD assets in PCSX2: A Discussion)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Jadentheman, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

I looked into the Hex editor and all I could find is Event camera as a name. RE:COM files have like a whole long section dedicated to the camera lol

2. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

While on the subject of camera control, how difficult would it be to move the camera farther away from Sora? At about the distance it is in KH2 I hate getting blasted by projectiles that come from just off screen.

3. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

find KH2's camera system. Look at it. Look at it in assembly. Apply to KH1 lol

I don't know this is a guess

4. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

Camera code confuses me.... even when I'm not wanting it, it messes up on me.
    This is while I was making the textbox hook (lets me make all textboxes wider or thiner, globally):

Thus my answer is..... no idea, I avoid the camera.

Edit: Ninja reply
    Ya. Hence why it comes down to CFW now...

5. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Ohh for PC. But the one that requires the ps3 are already out.
    You do realize that kh textures use prettying solid colors. You can't make those hd besides hair which they did updated in kh2fm.. You probably wouldn't even tell the difference if it was at extremely low quality.

6. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

7. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

You really expect things to be 100% don't you? There won't be a ps4 version and I can tell you that you won't tell the difference between 192 and 320. You know how big music audio can be uncompressed? The ps3 only has 512mb of ram. The ps3 and xbox360 aren't that great internally.

8. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

PS3 supports AAC/M4A which the successor to MP3 formats and has better sound quality in a lower bitrate. It also does that in lower size too. You're telling me they couldn't have at least done that?

9. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

I really can't tell a difference in quality between the OST release, and 1.5 to be honest, but I don't have the best audio set up, so I might not be the best person to judge this.

10. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

Does anyone know where SFX, like the command menu dings are stored? Can't seem to find them...

11. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

12. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Yes. And that music is not part of the game.

13. EvilMan_89 Code Master

it seems like you guys are focused on KH1FM. but something i was wondering about was 358/2 Days. do you guys think it would be possible to mod the DS version of the game to have the HD version's cutscenes in place of some of the text scenes? i'm going through the HD movie and it leaves quite a few gaps. so i figured it would be awesome to have the PS3 scenes modded into the DS game to get the entire experience some how. i don't have any experience with creating mods so i wouldn't know where to begin or know how difficult it could be. thoughts?

14. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

This would be awesome, but wouldn't it make the ROM huge?
    I suppose another problem would be that IIRC some scenes are slightly altered from the game in 1.5.
    Personally I've always wanted custom resolution for a DS emulator, like Dolphin, PPSSPP, and PCSX2 have.
    Days wouldn't look bad in HD as proved by Zerox on the Xentax Forums.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I just hate HQ filters on 3D games.
    Imagine 358/2 Days up-resed with texture mods, and the cutscenes from 1.5!
    Maybe I'd actually be compelled to not stop playing halfway through the game.

15. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i suppose it would. i figured the only people who would be able to play this modded version would be people with emulators and R4 so i don't think it would be a big issue.

were there a lot of scenes that were altered? i haven't gotten through the movie yet so i'm not sure.

that would be a dream come true. i thought i would be satisfied with the movie but it leaves a lot of gaps in the story.

16. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

I'm looking for more information on the MODSN3 file format, which is where the video files are stored.
    It's allegedly a mobiclip specific video format, but apparently a codec was released that could play them, but I'm still looking for it.

17. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

There is this guy that is splicing 358/2 days cutscenes with his playthrough post prodduction. You should check him out

That being said, wouldn't it be cool to like hack KH2FM into 358/2 days. eg. We could get Hooded Roxas rigged to playable Roxas's skeleton have the Axel ally and all that. Maybe create new moves and animations if we were able to crack the animation format. Xentax forums was doing that for a while...

We would need to artificially create Xion since there is no model in any game files except for maybe DDD , but that isn't hackable yet[DOUBLEPOST=1380937521][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and would those guysbreaking hacking KH1 help our cause toward a right stick camera for KHFM?

18. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Who's "those guys"?

19. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

I swear if they figured out the camera and custom music I am going to flip in joy!

20. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Woah they made the fov too high. And the music is the original.