kh sucks

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by 61, Apr 22, 2016.

1. 61 No. B

i was in ling class and we were doing greek stuff and the prof was talking about x so naturally i started thinking about kh.

and i realized some stuff

the reason i dont like bbs is bc thats when the kh story started getting really ****ing stupid and too involved. it was already dumb before that and you could maybe argue that kh2 was when things actually startef getting too dumb, but bbs introduced a ton of new concepts on top of what had already been added and it was just too much. but whats more, i think i can actually point to where kh went wrong for me.

and its that stupid x-blade. that they added an entire layer of mythos thats based on a pun is just the dumbest **** i can imagine. its all that xehanort x blade stuff that makes me play these games solely for the gameplay now. when i was a kid kh gave me a lot of emotions. now all it gives me is headaches.

2. Hayabusa Venomous

Sorry but nothing is dumber to me than "WE BEAT XEMNAS BUT WAIT IT WAS JUST SOMEONE ELSE USING THE NAME XEMNAS MEANING THE NAME OF THE FIRST GAME'S BIG BAD IS...."Xehanort's Heartless"???"

And Sora going from "OH NO AXEL DED I'M SAD" to basically "KILL EM ALL 1989"

The Chi/X-whatever blade may be stupid because of its naming but as a CONCEPT it's just like a nuke for the series

3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I like KH, but man is the story ****ing stupid. The first game's story was simple, if rather cheesy, and didn't need a pin board int order to piece the ****ing plot together like the sequels do.

4. Hayabusa Venomous

The first game's story is super simple and that's why I like it second most alongside Chain of Memories' story: nothing in it required another game's explanation: no moments of "Wait Kairi can just use a Keyblade suddenly???" or "But who the hell is this guy who took Ansem's name???" or "What the hell is Riku doing and why is he not-Ansem???"

5. 61 No. B

you mean ansem?
    i guess i dont know what youre referring to with axel
    and while you can point to so many storytelling missteps and leaps in logic, nothing is quite as world-breaking and nothing gets away from what all of this was originally about quite as much as the x blade and everything that surrounds it. as much as i love kh2 its story is pretty stupid, and while it made this story more complicated than it originally appeared (though probably as originally intended), nothing in any of those games pre bbs takes what the original concept and appeal for kh was - the keyblade - and completely changes everything we know about it and makes it bigger than what it originally was.

this isnt a statement on quality, but bbs reminds me a lot of phantom menace if phantom menace was slightly more competent in the story department. if the keyblade is the force, the x blade is midichlorians. retroactively adding an additional component to this thing that never seemed like it was meant to be deep, but rather just a cool gimmick. kh post kh2 actually reminds me a lot of the prequal trilogy. everythings now all crazy and nothing makes any kind of sense anymore and its just stupid even though it seems to think its telling an emotional story. i still like a lot of those games but i haven't felt anything in quite a while and thats why i got into kh in the first place.[DOUBLEPOST=1461349703][/DOUBLEPOST]
    i get how this is a very valid complaint, but for me all that stuff was intriguing. i was so excited for the future of kh and to learn why kairi could use the keyblade and the history of the org and everything. none of it turned out to be as interesting as i hoped, but for kh2 it was exciting stuff.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  6. Shuhbooty moon child

I honestly want to play the remix's again because I don't remember ever feeling like the storyline for KH was stupid.. Yes I was SUPER emotional and thought some things defiantly needed work- but the overall outline wasn't bad to me. I agree about the whole Xemnas ordeal because I honestly just HATED the fact it was like clone after clone p-much. I've also haven't played BBS and I'm still into unchained x atm.

7. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Isn't this the series where someone leaves a message in someone's heart for a dream projection to find?