itt: watch me struggle to mega man (x)

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Stardust, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Stardust Chaser

[​IMG]
    my withdrawals got the better of me... but this game was not meant to be played with a keyboard ;___;​

after subjecting @libregkd to my horrifying practice run this morning (i am so sorry), i've at least keyboarded enough to kinda-sorta get somewhere. I hope.
    Join me in fifteen minutes or so! http://livestream.com/starduststream

2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I'm gonna be in chat so hard. SO HARD.

3. Stardust Chaser

Aaand that's a wrap! I cannot believe I finished the game lol. I am never playing a sidescroller on a keyboard again. I am permanently scarred

Thanks to everyone who stopped in!! It was a pretty embarrassing show but xD I had fun, hope you guys did too~

4. The Fuk? Dead

Play Megaman X4 and I will watch and cheer for you.

5. Patman Bof

I take it you don' t play with a keyboard that often ?
    Not that big of a deal once you get accustomed. I' ve finished several side scrollers that way (including Megaman X). Only thing that was a bit tricky for me was the hadoken move, but you get it pretty late in the game.

Ocarina of Time on the other hand, now that one took patience and abnegation. Because you were supposed to aim and move the camera analogically, but keyboards are digital only. One press of a key would suddenly spin the camera miles away. Were it not possible to save and load at any moment on emulators I would have just given up.

6. Stardust Chaser

Ahh X4 is my favorite in the series so I would definitely like to!! Once I get a capture card or at least a PC controller I'll give this a go for sure!

Correct; I play almost exclusively on consoles. My computer's rather poor for gaming and I just tend to like playing games in front of a television haha.
    I'm somewhat indifferent about the MMX hadoken so I actually skipped it altogether during that run. In retrospect it probably would have made some things that gave me trouble on the keyboard a lot easier (Rangda Bangda was a problem because of the sheer amount of wall-clinging lol).

Yeah, I couldn't imagine a game like Ocarina going particularly well on a keyboard. I admire your determination lol.

7. Misty gimme kiss

I'm so upset I missed this

8. Stardust Chaser

I'll have to give better advance notice next time :'c this was kinda spur of the moment.

edit: it's ok i got u covered. here is what u missed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  9. Misty gimme kiss

personally I think Lexi streams should be a regular thing

10. Arch Mana Knight

I'm pretty sure we can all admit X5 is superior. Except for the intro stage. Nothing beats X's X4 intro stage.

11. Stardust Chaser

[​IMG]

I will do no such thingggg >:V. Although I do see X5 catch a fair bit of flak sometimes and I feel like it can be pretty underrated overall haha, I liked it. But yeah that X4 intro stage is probably one of the most memorable stages in the franchise for me, and that music is an important part of why! Maybe I'm just a sucker for awful 90's anime cutscenes with horrifying legendary voice acting but as far as X5 is concerned, personally only some stuff leading up to/during the finale would really give X4 a run for its money.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015