It Just Hit Me

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Amaury, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Admins when I became active:
    • Misty
    • Sanya

Admins after promotions:
    • Misty
    • Sanya
    • Jayn
    • Plums

Admins after recent retirements:
    • Misty
    • Plums

Not counting SPDude and Tienewman.

There are only two admins again, and the first one hasn't changed. :D

@Misty, @Sanya, @Jayn, @Plums

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  2. cstar stay away from my waifu

You know what just hit me?

A piece of toast.

Why did a piece of toast hit me?

I just went to the eye doctor and got my eyes dilated and my brother for some reason thought that meant I would act all drugged up or something, so he tried to test my reflexes by throwing a piece of toast at me.

3. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Don't ever talk shit on the SPDude. That Niqqa will run you over with his yacht.

4. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Misty OP pls nerf

You know what just hit me in the small of the back? A party. Specifically, the longest, flyingest, most culturally and genetically diverse party in the galaxy, which is currently in its fourth generation.

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I've thought about buying the site before. Though I definitely didn't have the money when I considered it, I still think I'd be able to come up with it in the next few years without it severely hurting my own finances. I just can't justify that purchase to myself.

6. Misty gimme kiss

Honestly the upfront cost of the site isn't all that much, it's the price of the server bills every month that can nail you.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

What are your monthly bills? Ours are $19.95 a month, which is pretty good for the excellent server we're on, but then again, we also aren't anywhere near as large as KH-Vids.

8. Misty gimme kiss

I don't pay the server bills so I don't know. There's a lot that goes into hosting bills; hardware-wise, a higher-tier plan on Linode would be suitable for us, but if you don't know how to manage a server you're going to have to factor that in as an additional cost, or go with a managed hosting service which is obviously more expensive. Either way, a site like KHV isn't cheap to host.

9. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Didn't Deathspank sell us for 10k?

10. Misty gimme kiss

The sales were conducted privately; you can find the posts (in some cases) where the site is being put up for sale but I know that the asking price is never what the buyer actually paid. Even I don't know most of the time what we've been sold for in the past.

11. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

When spdude was getting desperate to sell the site he offered it to me for (if I can recall) $4000-$5000. I think I posted about it in the prem section (you guys didn't like that, I do admit it wasn't wise to be like HEY GAIZ KHV IS BEING SOLD AYO). I wish I was older when that happened because even know that seems like a steal to me. I still find it weird that he probably emailed me more in that time more than he communicated with anyone on the site for a long time. Although, money is money and that seemed to be his language.

12. Misty gimme kiss

Yeah spdude had some unreal expectations at first about how much to sell for. By the end of it he kinda just wanted to unload us.

13. Amaury Legendary Hero

That's somewhat rude, personally.

14. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Not to be that guy, but no it isn't. KHV (from what I've gathered through observation and actually speaking to him) was business and business alone. Adding in personal feelings and all of that just wasn't his way of doing business. Am I going to defend the fact that it was ridiculously hard to get a hold of him? No, that was BS, no way around it. However "getting rid of us" was no sin, just a business move.

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

KHV isn't worth any amount of money.

It's priceless.

16. Amaury Legendary Hero

Fair enough.

17. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Well, ...you're not wrong.