In The Times Of Fairy Tails

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Calxiyn, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Galuna Island

[​IMG]
    "We've seen the light of the temple but no matter how many men we send out we can never get to it! But that's not important! You have a tent for all of you over there! Get out of the moonlight before it curses you too!"

~ Mission: Retire to your tent. ~

Astedia
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    "So that's why they were always so worried... we have to safe them, tell them I'm sorry!" Annika told them. Everything was starting to make sense now. They didn't want her to have the same fate as her sister.

"I'm sorry. I have no power to help you. But there is something you can do. A wand of light." Rayla explained.

"Your Majesty it's nothing. Don't tell them that. It's just a myth."

"Brietta please. They are wizards." Annika begged. Brietta looked away, sighing.

"It's the most powerful magic a non wizard could have, even more powerful then Wenlock's. But it isn't found. It's built. More a measure of courage, a ring of love, and a gem of ice, lit by hope's eternal flame."

"That's only three things! We can do it!" Annika said excitedly.

"It doesn't exist! I've tried for years." Brietta glared. "It's hopeless."

"It's only hopeless if you give up. Come on Brietta."

Brietta turned away, walking to a mirror in the room sadly. In the mirror, she saw her human form. She was a young, beautiful women, with red hair and pink dress. As she spoke, her human form in the mirror spoke as well. "Sometimes I forget what I used to be. But then my crown reminds me of what I once had."

"And will have again."

"But it won't work." Brietta shook her head.

"We can do it! I know we can. Right? Caleb, Zwei, Lucia, Dawn, Scarlett, Thomas, Hasu, Amanda. We can do it together! We're going to build a Wand of Light!"

~ Mission Information: Reply and then Post in the OOC thread when you're ready for second departure ~

2. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Boreal entered the room again, this time his face somewhat remorseful. It seemed as if something was bothering him, and also he appeared a little bit disappointed. He walked over to Cal briskly and sat down next to her, leaning against an adjacent stalagmite.
    "My apologies Cal, if I may call you that. It seems they didn't seem particularly inclined to release you. Apparently you're still a threat to them. They seem to be worried. I did my best but, what can you do. They're ever so stubborn sometimes." He reported irritably. He folded his arms and looked regretful. "I'll try again soon. If you want, I'll stick around and keep you company. I imagine it'd probably get lonely sitting here stuck to a rock while you wait for your release."

[​IMG]

"Very well. We shall see you tomorrow." Dale said curtly, before walking away into the tent. He strode inside, pushing the tent flap away and quickly claimed one of the sleeping available. He sat down and began to think however, not deigning to go to sleep yet. He stroked his chin, considering what was said. So they couldn't get to the temple huh... Well to start with we know there's a temple there, now the question is why couldn't they get to it? He waited until everyone was inside before posing the question to everyone else. He also got out the sculpture of the bird he was working on earlier and continued with his work on it as he spoke.
    "So, we now know there's a temple. But why if they've tried, can't they get to it. Is it guarded? Hard to reach? Or something else? If the answers to the curse are anywhere on this island, it is almost certain to be there. It seems as if something else is on this island other than the village. And more, if the temple is at the mountain then that would explain the light! So, do we have any ideas?"

3. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    "Ca-Cal is fine." She replied, shaking her head to move a strand of hair from her face. "Thanks for keeping me company, it's really quiet and eerie in here." She shivered. She listened to what he had said. "Hmpf, they're afraid of a little girl?" She started to giggle. "They must not be as powerful as I thought." She winked, before lying back on the rock. "This island must be really pretty, I wish I could see it." She looked longingly up into the air. "I haven't been on an island before, or anywhere else really but my hometown and the town where the Guild Hall is of course. It's too bad I'm stuck in here."

4. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"I'm not sure what they see as a problem but, they see one. I think they're all a little paranoid to be honest." He laughed with her, opening his palms and raising his hands in a symbol of confusion. "I'm sure that once they're sure you're not a problem then they'll let you out. This island is a nice place. Very picturesque in some places. I believe you flew up here didn't you? I'm surprised you didn't see more of it. A bird's eye view is always something to envy. Were it only that I could fly." He folded his arms again and looked up as she did. He looked over again.
    "Once again, I'm sorry they wouldn't let you out. It's no trouble to stay. I'm often down here anyway. Someone has to keep an eye on things so, I'm well aware of how strange this place can feel. It's nice sometimes when you want some peace and quiet, but it's hardly where I'd go for comfort." He stretched his legs out as they talked, making himself comfortable.
    "Tell me a little of your home town, if you could. And perhaps of the Guild. It sounds fascinating."

5. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Galuna Island

Ander baner.png

Ander's pov:
    So this temple was at the top of the mountain. The local people had tired or did he just say that. Then there was this curse....
    He then walked into the tent, but did nothing in there.
    "
    The people, he said they tried, but did they really or is he saying that to keep us away? This temple is our only lead on this curse. So I think we should at least check it out. If this curse is indeed keeping the local people out perhaps it just keeps out monsters. They are part monsters now so there could be a protective thing around the temple keeping any monsters out of it. Also this curse does not seem to be effecting us so maybe we are immune to its effects." There was also the fact that he could not be cursed twice but that was besides the point. "This temple has the answers we are looking for." He thought that it was odd that no one in the group was effected by this curse yet, were they all immune of was it something else. He had a reason that it did not effect him. people being effected by two curses at the same time was unheard of. In fact he was sure it was impossible. did everyone in the group already have a curse?
    This was unlikely so the only choice was that they were all immune to the curse, but why?

Drosselmayer's Mansion
    Sara banner.png

Sara pov:
    She watched as her self-fullness got someone hurt. Thea the girl got hurt. If she helped people they would get hurt, if she did nothing people would get hurt, no matter what she did people would get hurt.

She did not know what to do
    She went over to Thea and started to cry and put one hand on her. Look at what I done by not doing anything she thought. Her hand stated to glow.

Sara used Cure Thea.
    She looked at the green glow that her hand was putting off. She could do magic. How long did she have this power.
    She had no clue she could do magic. She looked at her hand in amazement.
    This secret power.... how long did she have magic. could she have saved the man she killed?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  6. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    "Hey well, once they let me out, maybe you could fly with me! I'd show you how but I can't when I'm tied like this." She exclaimed excitedly. "Oh, my hometown.. hmm..." She thought about it a little, another chill going down her shine as she had remembered what happened in her home town. "Well, it was a Kingdom full of non Wizards mostly." She tried to remember. "I don't really remember much of it." She explained. "Salvatores Corde..."

"Oh the Guild Hall! It's beautiful. You should see it. We hadn't seen the Guild Hall ever until we had finished the tests Evanora put us through. There are thousands of lanterns floating in the air! There's a large skylight and the moon and sun shine through it. There were thrones in which Evanora and the S-Class members sat at the front of the room. There are vines and flowers everywhere, and they're gold and sliver and their are columns of marble. Oh it's so beautiful, I can't even describe it. It's like something out of a story book, and it's a giant castle too! Are you in a Guild, Boreal?"

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Thea couldn't move and because of that couldn't avoid the attack. The world soon faded around her, there was nothing left for her to see as the darkness closed in. Maybe she couldn't get to see the magic dollies come to life. Soon however she felt a healing light over her and she opened her eyes regaining consciousness. "Owie." The girl whined before looking around at the people around her. The girl who was healing her was also crying. Thea turned to the mice. "Meanies!" She shouted at them assuming they where the cause of the girl crying. Thea was barely able to raise to her feet before she shot off a fire attack at them. "That's what you get for making a girl cry." Thea proceeded to stick out her tongue at the mouse.

Thea uses fire on mouse 12
    [​IMG]
    Silvia watched as more and more people came to Thea's aid as she went down. Sure someone needed to heal her but now there was three people helping her and she was on her own against two mice. She didn't go down as easy as Thea did because she had trained herself not to, she became thick skinned, but as a sacrifice her magic wasn't nearly as strong. Perhaps people here truly didn't care for her. Perhaps she only got any slight attention before because she was the youngest, but now that she wasn't it was gone. She was to fend for herself. Silvia didn't know if she could do that. She had always been lonely, never had many friends but she was never put in dangerous situations. Now she was being put in dangerous situations and she had no one willing to help her out of it. Silvia bowed her head and just focused on her magic, she wasn't going to let them down and let herself be defeated, not was she willing to ask for help, that would just show she truly didn't belong here, something she desperately wanted. Silvia began to vast her wind magic once more hoping she could do something.

Silvia cast Aero on mouse 14
    [​IMG]
    "Don't look, don't look it's a trap. Damn it Thomas don't do it." Thomas thought while his eyes slowly drifted from Scarletts face to her boobs which she was trying to show him. He eventually gave way and as he did WHAP! Yep it was a trap. Thomas rubbed his now burning cheek and rolled his eyes at Scarlett. She set him up so she had no right to be slapped for that one. He took it like a man however and didn't fight back. He simply walked over to Annika as everything was finished being explained and they where told what they had to do. Some cheesy friendship is magic thing so it seemed. "I bet if I could get in contact with my friends then we wouldn't need this." Thomas mumbled knowing it wasn't a possibility. So instead he got himself ready to go do this thing, whatever it was. "Lets just do this." He said, he would rather fight someone than make a weird light wand thing to defeat the creeper, but one has to do what he has to do.

8. Skyheart Joker

Lucia had mostly just sort of listened to the whole story as it happened, with her attention briefly drawn away due to Thomas and Scarlett's interaction with each other. While she about to go over and give the boy a good piece of her mind, Scarlett had done the job well enough and Lucia couldn't help but just nod in approval at the actions...wait...backstory, that was something important being told right now. Realizing she had gotten a bit lost in it, she was glad that Hasu was able to fill in any holes that they might have had and realized, or rather solidified the already apparent idea, that Wenlock was not the smartest shopper in the sorcerer shop...wai-

Before she could think more on that analogy, it was then that the group was given a grand quest to create some sort of wand of light or something. She looked at the winged horse, actually person, thing, and said,
    "Well no need to be such a pessimist Peggy! We'll build this wand thingy no problemo." It was then that she realized something odd about the ingredients..."So what the hell is a gem of ice? That just some sort of...chunk of ice? And wouldn't it melt in the fire...?" She thought about this some more and then just decided to agree with Thomas, after he mumbled something, in saying, "yeah, let's just do this."

Charlotte was a tad disappointed when Dale had suggested that they not attempt in destroying the moon. That celestial body was most certainly the source of the curse, and so she would have delivered swift justice upon it. Though superiors were superiors and orders were orders. Walking a bit reluctantly to the tent, giving one final glare to the moon before getting in, she listened to what Dale and Garret had said, before responding with her own thoughts. "Ander, I would say it's far too early for us to assume that we are simply immune to this curse. After all, these people live here and have thus been under its influence a grand deal longer than we have, so its effects are more obvious in them at the moment." She then continued by saying, "though we all know that the temple is our current goal and thus can't be deterred by any sort of vague warning these villagers might have given us. No matter how hard it is to approach, nor any sort of being that guards will be able to stop us from investigating that temple." After she said her piece, there was still something else that was bugging her. "Now, there's still the matter of our missing teammate. After all, she took off and now has no way of knowing where we are, nor do we know where she is. So how would you all like to approach this problem?"

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Despite Dale saying that they weren't going to destroy the moon, Veilen wonder how would they even do that. It wasn't like they had a mech that could punch the moon and turn it into a battleship. Nor could they pull another moon from out of nowhere. So those options were never in consideration and as far as he knew none of their magic could reach where the moon was. So yeah, destroying the moon would've been something for them to accomplish.

Entering the tent that they suddenly had, they started to discuss what they could do next. First Veilen decided to say something on what Ander had said. "Well they didn't look like they had any fighting experience and they're definitely not hostile. So maybe somethings guarding the temple. Next came Charlotte. "We could try splitting up. Assuming that she's already crash landed by now she could be wandering in the forest looking for either us or the tribe."

10. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"Before she left, we were discussing plans to go look at the mountain or for civilisation were we not? The way I'm thinking about this, we assume that if she somehow didn't spot the giant wall, she chose to investigate the mountain. It looked like she was heading in that direction. While splitting up would work on a smaller area of land, this is a large island. If we just search blindly then we're going to have problems covering all the ground and finding our way back. If you're all determined to search for her, then we search the area around the mountain and mountain itself. That I believe is where we could find our answers. She won't be looking for this place. If she saw it, then she'd have met us here already or flown back to tell us." Dale reasoned. He considered the problem of the temple again briefly before speaking again. They're right. We have to get to the temple no matter what. Our answers are going to be there, I'm sure of it. There's nowhere else it would be. If the villagers who live here can't get to it, then clearly there's something to hide and the chances are very good that that something is what we're looking for, or at least a clue. "And you're all right. We have to reach that temple. If they can't get to it, there must be something to hide. And Charlotte, I find myself in agreement with you, at least for now. We don't know how long this curse takes to affect us and nor have they told us anything about how long it took for the demonic limbs to appear. That limits us to daytime activity, just for safety and practicality's sake."

[​IMG]

"Can't say I've ever heard of a place called Salvatores' Corde." He said, apparently considering the name. He then listened to her speaking intently, not saying anything until she was finished. He smiled then. "Sounds like a very nice place. Sound very dramatic, seating the S-Classes on thrones with the guild master. I suppose it makes sense. It certainly attracts attention to the most powerful in the guild. I'm not in a guild though. I'm not one for big organised groups and besides, I haven't had the time. I've had other things on my mind that I want to achieve. Maybe when that's done, but I can't say for sure."

11. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Galuna Island
    Ander baner.png

Ander's pov:
    maybe they were not immune maybe the first effect of this curse was emotional, That could be it. Then Charlotte said that guards were guarding the temple, he did not think so the local people made it sound like it was physically imposable or hard to get to, to him id did not seem like it was guarded by people. The more he thought about it the more like it would be something physical that was stopping the local people. A guard standing to protect a temple made no since. These people could fight probably, not well, but fight maybe. What would the local people do with whatever they found in this temple, nothing because there was noting for them to do. If there was someone else on this island that made since though because they would not want the local people telling about what was in the temple. "There is someone on this island and they want whatever is in that temple." What is in that temple that someone would go through all this trouble? Then it hit him the curse of course.
    "
    Something is in this temple something someone wants. This something is ether powerful or valuable or both in some way or forum. These people are using the curse to keep anyone away. People would hear about this curse on this island and not come." If this was true how were these people doing it? Then Veilen said they should split up to find Cal that was a bad idea. Splitting up would just separate them and get them all lost from each other. "Cal is most likely captured if she has not found us by now. If she is smart she stay put and find away to get her presents known, if she can." Well there was a thought, Cal smart he almost laughed at the idea. If Cal was smart she would have at least taken someone with here when she left. He then thought were would someone keep someone they captured here? Well somewhere they would not easily be found. Underground is somewhere logical. "If Cal is captured she is most like being held underground, in a cave. Or they are keeping in the temple." This made a lot of sense if the people were using guards to keep the local people out this would be a perfect spot. No one would be able to find anything, or anyone that was in there if that was were she was being held.

12. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    "You should join Sapphire Eclipse when you're done with everything on the island! Wait, what magic do you use? We haven't started our training for special magic yet. I don't even know what I would choose! Maybe Celestial, hmmm not Fire Magic that's too scary. Maybe White Dragon Slayer, but I doubt I'm going to win the Tournament to be able to choose that. Ohhh Animal Soul would be cool too! I love magic, I just wish I could learn all of them." Calxiyn talked excitedly. She felt like in all her time of being with the Guild, this was the first time some someone had really taken an interest into what she had to say. She smiled wildly, she was so happy. She couldn't help but wonder what the other group was doing though at this time, but they were probably fine.

13. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"Uh, maybe. I don't know how well the guild would suit me really." Boreal replied, clearly overwhelmed by Cal's incredible enthusiasm for magic, the guild and whatever else she was talking about. "I use Water and Snow. I think they go rather well together. There are others I'd like to learn but I'm happy with those for now. They suit me well enough. A White Dragonslayer though... That's ambitious. You'd have to find a dragon for that and they're not all that common." He appeared to consider something for a few moments, reflecting on what she had said.
    "Where would you know to find a Dragon though? And how would you kill it? They're difficult opponents. Do you have a Dragonslayer in your Guild that can do it?" He asked,

14. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    "Well uh, to be honest I'm really not sure. Evanora, the Guild Master probably has some kind of way to deal with that." She pondered the thought. "We have a Sky Dragon Slayer! Caliborn, Oh and Mikasa! Caliborn is a Sky DragonSlayer, and Mikasa is a Shadow Dragon Slayer. Oh God Mikasa is so scary, she has Titan AND Satan Soul along with Dragon Slayer..." She shivered in fright. "But Caliborn is cool though, he's really chill." She tried to cross her arms, but then realized the chains were still on her and scowled. "I could kill a dragon. Not by myself but I could do it." She rolled her eyes.

15. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Boreal laughed. it was a soft, musical laugh. He reached over and patted her on the head jokingly as she made her claim of being able to kill a dragon.
    "I'm sure you could Cal, I'm sure you could." He chuckled again, leaning back against his rock. "Satan Soul, Titan and a Shadow Dragon to boot... Mikasa sounds frankly terrifying. I hope I never have to be on her bad side. I wonder which of the two of them is more powerful. Two Dragonslayers in the same place is sure to cause a bit of competition isn't it?"
    "What do you and your friends do? You're new Wizards, but I'm sure you've all got talents of some kind haven't you?"
    He inquired, his voice curious.

16. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    So, it seemed that the curse was capable of taking the minds of its victims. Moka had been forced to kill his own son because of it. He felt pity for the man. However, the suggestion he gave was lunacy. Destroy the moon? Even if they agreed to it, how would they go about doing that? He looked at Charlotte, giving a death glare the celestial body. He could tell if she were able, she would've charged it right then and there, screaming of justice. Thankfully, there was no road made of sheer righteousness leading to it she could take. Otherwise, he would've had to follow along. As the group entered the tent, Ra pulled off his helmet, revealing his spiked golden hair and deep red eyes. Setting it down next to him, he claimed a place to sleep.

Listening to the opinions of his guild mates, he processed his thoughts. Calxiyn still hadn't returned. The likelyhood was that she had headed toward the temple, as they said. "Although, we still don't know why they were unable to reach the temple successfully. If their solution was to send more men, then there is a fairly high probability that the hindrance was some form of guard. If this is the case, then we haven't the time to wait until morning. Assuming she made it there and encountered whatever was defending it, they or it may well attack on sight. I doubt she could handle any such guard alone." Ra pointed out. Calxiyn may not have the time to wait for them to be safe and practical.

"If we are concerned with the curse's effects, then I shall go alone. With my armor, i risk little to no direct exposure to the moonlight. If a tent is protecting us, then anything that will stop the light surely must. At the very least, it will tell us for certain what is at the temple preventing entry, and it may well save the girl's life. Should i reach the temple and still have seen no sign of Calxiyn, then i will return here and tell you what i have learned." Ra proposed. He looked around to the others, waiting to see what they thought of his plan.

17. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

Astedia
    Amanda Quition banner.png
    Amanda's pov: Well the princess and this queen ignored Ren, Lucia, and her (Amanda). Then they finally mention there was another wand that might be useful. Why couldn't they have brought that up when they were asking questions, they could have went straight there. Also the pegasus and the queen still seemed not to have a plan. "We could have already got this wand on our way here, and I say our plan should be we get this wand if possible. That is if it is real. If not we go to witch get her help, if she doesn't help I'm sure she has something we could use. If none of these can happen we go beat Wenlock anyways" She said shyly.

Ooc: ready to move on. also i guss no one else wants jack's help so he will just watch until the battles are over i guess.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  18. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Skadi nodded to Alessia. "Yeah, help Thea! I'll help Silvia. The sooner we take down these mice, the better!" the ice mage replied. She turned and hurried over to Silvia, who seemed to be struggling against two mice. I should've tried to help sooner than this, Skadi thought to herself. Rushing towards the mice, Skadi leaped at mouse 14 and swung her staff with all her might against the creature.

Skadi used Quick Blitz on mouse 14!

[​IMG]
    "If the wand of light is what we need, then we should get started on that as soon as we can" Caleb stated simply.

ooc: ready to go

19. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Drosselmayer's Mansion

[​IMG][​IMG]
    The Nutcracker climbed on top of the fire cage, and then onto the string of pine Clara and the others had used to go up onto the mantle. “Hey!” She shouted at them. She threw her shoe at the Mouse King. It sent him unconscious. The Army retreated, taking with them their king.
    “Thank you all, for saving my life.” The Nutcracker said. “I have to get back to my homeland, while there’s still time.”
    “Well, um, are you going to change us all back cause I mean. We used to be… taller.” Clara asked him, seeming to act like this was perfectly normal.
    “I’m afraid I don’t have the power to do that, I'm not a wizard like you… but the Sugar Plum Princess might be able to help you.” He told her.

“A Sugar Plum… Princess?” She narrowed her eyes at him. "Do you guys have any idea, you're the magic people not me."
    “I'm not sure your friends would have heard of her, you're not from my world. I’ve been trying to find her since the mouse King turned me into a Nutcracker.”
    “But you're a doll! What else would you have been?” Clara exclaimed.
    “Not a Nutcracker.” He looked away.

20. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Galuna Island

Ander baner.png

Ander's pov:
    Ra said that they should not wait to morning which was true. the more time they waiting the longer the curse would be on the island. Ra said that his armor should be able to protect him from the curse, by that logic the cloths on there back should be enough to keep them from getting the curse.
    ra going to check out the temple by himself was dumb.
    "I will go with you." Having curse himself he did not need to worry about the curse on this island effecting him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.