In The Times Of Fairy Tails

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Calxiyn, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Gaius was pumped up and ready to fight. People had accepted his challenge, and he planned on winning the fight. At least he was, until he noticed something he hadn't noticed before, something that could possibly screw over any chance of winning. There was a tear in his shirt. Only a tiny one, but it was there. Damn, I'd better watch that tear. Wouldn't want to get hit there. Everywhere else is protected by this thin layer of fabric that has no protective qualities whatsoever, but that tear? This is going to make things tough, Gaius thought to himself.

"Skadi my girlfriend? Ha! Your jokes are even poorer than your attempts at getting a date with her, I just hope you can fight better than you can flirt" Gaius teased. He was about to react to Ra, but he heard bets being placed on the girl that had taken up his challenge and taken Thomas down a notch. He liked the way the girl had introduced herself, she seemed like a competitor for sure, but at the same time she was his opponent. "Hope you guys are okay with losing jewels" the boy called out, flashing a somewhat cocky grin as he did so.

[​IMG]
    Skadi couldn't believe her eyes. Gaius starting a fight right after the speeches, it had actually worked. Not only was it allowed and apparently not frowned upon in the slightest, but Thomas had actually left her alone. She was suddenly feeling a lot calmer, and gave a quick nod to the girl that had invited them to sit with her. She began to head over, but stopped momentarily. "Just give me a second, I've got to hel out a friend" Skadi said, before she turned and walked over to Ren. He was the one taking bets, and Skadi knew one thing about Gaius; he was super competitive and quite often when people doubted him it only forced him to push himself more, to fight better. She tossed a small pouch over to Ren. "I'll put 20 Jewels on the girl, 10 on the bird guy, and 5 on the pervert" she said, strategically placing her bets not to actually win money, but to get Gaius more motivated.

"Skadi! You're betting on the wrong person! What the hell? Why would you throw away jewels like that?" Gaius shouted at her.

A sly, knowing smile appeared on Skadi's face as Gaius spoke. His tone made it sound entirely like he was joking, and for the most part she knew he was, but she knew him well enough to know that some small part of him had genuinely been offended, which was exactly what she was going for. It was cruel, but it was the most effective way for him to learn. He'd fight a lot harder now, of that there was no doubt. This was confirmed as Gaius leaped over to Thomas and swung both his fists down on top of Thomas.

Gaius used quick blitz, because that's possible without a weapon!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  2. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

[​IMG]
    Well, Edric's bet had changed things. Ren had been willing to stick to the girl, but the opportunity for money was too great. "I'll put down another ten gold on the girl, then on the other three as well," he declared, scratching the bets into a notebook he had magicked out of nowhere for the purposes of this post. "I'll be making some money tonight!"
    He still thought the girl had the greatest chance of winning, which is why he'd increased his bet on her, but all those jewels Edric had flooded into the betting... that was just too much to pass up. "Sorry madame," he called out to Charlotte, "I'm still cheering for you, but business calls!"

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Among the other batch of new members to Sapphire Eclipse was a red haired lad sitting at a table with his feet propped up. If one were to judge him by his outwardly appearance then they could easily assume that he was calm and relax. A contrast to the chaos that had started not too long after the S-class guild members had given their speech. Those people would be wrong. On the inside Veilen was looking at the four who'd accepted the challenged issued to everyone with excitement.

it was entirely in his nature to jump in on this and be about as reckless as he possibly could. Hearing that bets could be made was only throwing more fuel on the flames as a smirk appeared on his face. The red haired mage was still silent as he got out of his chair and stood up, look oddly serious until he stomped his foot onto the table he was sitting at and pointed towards Gaius.
    "I'm betting 150 jewels on myself, for I will be the one to win this fight!" In that instance he not only reveled just how reckless he was, but the sheer amount of confidence that he had. Betting 150 jewels on a fight was one thing, but to bet them all on yourself? It took a special kind of courage to do something like that and Veilan was filled with that kind of courage.

4. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Bets placed:

Hasu: 20 Jewels on Charlotte, 10 on Thomas, 10 on Ra, 10 on Gaius
    Calxiyn: 10 Jewels on Thomas
    Edric: 100 Jewels on Charlotte
    Skadi: 20 on Charlotte, 10 on Ra, 5 on Thomas
    Velien: 150 on Velien

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaius Ryan
    HP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (20)
    MP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (25)
    Ability Slots: (4)
    Quick Blitz: Perform a jumping attack. (3 Damage)
    Thunder: Strike surrounding enemies from above with lightning (3MP, 6 damage)
    Cure: Recover a small amount of HP. (8MP, 5HP Healed+Magic Stat)
    Fire: Launch a ball of fire toward enemies. (3MP. Deals 5 Damage)
    Weapon: Fisticuffs (1-4) +5SPD
    Item Slot: (3)
    Strength: 14
    Speed: 4(+5)
    Defense: -1
    Magic: 5

Veilen
    MP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (46)
    Ability Slots: (3)
    Blizzard: Blast enemies head-on with a chunk of ice. (3MP. Deals 4 Damage)

Weapon: Enchanted Sword (1-8) +2SPD
    Strength: 11
    Speed: 4(+2)
    Magic: 8

Ra
    Weapon: Mage’s Staff (3-10) +0SPD
    Speed: 4

Thomas
    Weapon: Magic Sniper Rifle: (3-8) +2SPD
    Speed: 1(+2)
    Defense: 2

Charlotte
    HP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (30)
    Aero: Call on the wind to lift enemies into the air and then send them flying. Stuns some foes. (5MP, 8 damage on impact+Stun)
    Weapon: Hand and a Half Sword (3-11) -1SPD
    Speed: 1(-1)
    Defense: 5

5. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Ander baner.png
    Ander's pov:
    He was bord this fight did not intress him in the slightest, infact it was dumb. But hay if these people wanted to kill them self go for it. Perhaps he should have a look around. Maybe he find a nice book to read or something. He got up from were he was siting and started to walk around. Maybe he should find someone to talk to but he had not clue who. Not the fighters no, but then again maybe he could desrcat them and they would die faster how knew. He began walking around not sure what to do, or perhaps he should eat some food meh nah.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  6. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    The time had come for Veilen to make his move and he needed to find a target to attack. Gaius seemed to be challenging the flirt so letting them duke it out would be beneficial for him later on. So that left the golden armor wearing Ra and the one female in this battle. He then held out the palm of his hand towards Vormund and fired a bolt of lightning towards her.

7. sportfreak22 Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]
    //Guild Hall//

An extremely gorgeous girl with shimmering dark red hair entered the Guild Hall fashionably late in a swift motion, her bow hooked around her back and her hair tied up tight in a long ponytail with her bangs pulled out. Scarlett's hair swished back and forth as she walked through the doors, her bright eyes shimmering with satisfaction. She didn't care that the older members had already given the whole newbie speech, she didn't need their help. She had a plan to climb to the top of this guild faster then any of these pathetic newbies could imagine. As she took in her new surroundings, she noticed a fight breaking out. What bloody idiots. Morons who think they are hot stuff have already picked a fight. How childish. She took note of each one, assessing their noticeable flaws and making predictions on how to take each one down.

"I'll bet everything I own on the fact that you all are complete morons trying to show off skills that you don't even have."

Scarlett propped a chair out from a table and took a seat on top of the table, resting her feet on the top of the chair. None of these people seemed to be worth her time of effort by the looks of them.

8. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Ra gave a slight grunt as he was struck by the bolts of electricity. While he hadn't been the direct target, the area of effect damage had been enough to cause some damage to him. Still, it wasn't enough to bring him down by any means. By the looks of things, the blonde girl was the most durable out of the bunch. With two people assaulting her with magic, the likelihood she would last was slim. Raising his staff into the sky, electrical sparks began crackling. The bolts of electricity shot into the sky, raining down on his enemies.

Ra used thunder on Charlotte

9. X-Con260 Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]

Carmen watched the fight happen in the Guild Hall with mild interest; leaning against the wall, one leg cocked up against it, flipping her dagger in her left hand. Her beautiful hair fell over her left eye and she brushed it behind her ear. Her eyes followed the (rather unattractive) red haired girl who proceeded to rest her feet on the table. 'Pff' Carmen thought to herself with slight disgust, 'Another prissy, uptight, unprofessional waste of space who thinks she's Queen of The Universe. My heart is about to burst with excitement'. She rolled her eyes and refocused on the fight, silently placing mental bets on who would win.

10. Xannytoes Merlin's Housekeeper

[PLACERHOLDER FOR AWESOME PICTURE HERE]

//Guild Hall//

"One hundred jewels on the big head who bet on himself!"

Striding into the hall was a man draped in an assortment of black robes splattered with red. If one looked closely, they would soon discover that red wasn't a normal colour for the outfit, and that the wearer had probably been in a fight recently. His emerald cape seemingly defied the laws of gravity, floating above the stone floors. One of his arms was strapped to his chest with a makeshift bandage, a mix of leaves and duct tape.

"Levi Reaver's the name. If you want something dead, let me know. Also, if anyone here owns a cat, it bit me on the way in here. Twas a fierce battle, but I emerged victorious."

Making himself very much at home, Levi sat himself next to a gorgeous woman with red hair. Taking the liberty of munching food from her plate, he looked at her from behind his mask and began his usual ritual of irresistible flirting. That is to say, staring at her for a very uncomfortable amount of time.

11. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Bets placed:

Levi: 100 on Velien

12. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Sara banner.png
    Sara Row Pov:
    All of this betting gave here idea. The necklaces around her neck glow a light blue color. She made her way to the battle area without saying thing she got were she wanted to be. She stood by over looking the fighters and the ones taking the bets. No way would her plain work there were far to many people. She stood by a wall. This was dumb thing to join a guild but now that she was in maybe she could change her. She looked shyly at everyone from the wall hoping she was not seen.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  13. sportfreak22 Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]

//Guild Hall//

Scarlett would have just ignored the newest addition to the moron club, if not for the fact that he chose to sit right freaking next to her. Bad move, buddy. She turned to make some completely rude comment, but was met with the sight of the creep staring at her. ....
    Can you spell desperate? Who did this guy think he was anyway? She debated between simply launching some attack on this fool, but decided on a more simple approach. "Sorry, but I'm so out of your league." She said in a matter-of-fact tone, giving the creep a two-handed shove, hoping to cause him to fall off the table.

14. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Thomas brought his rifle off his back. Close range was not Thomas' forte but it was okay he could figure something out after all he was the best there was right? Thomas looked at the girl who made the comment and pointed his gun at her but then decided to pay more attention to Gaius, the one who had a thing for the same girl he did. Thomas then tried to move out of the way of Gaius' attack but not fully. He then looked Gaius straight in the eye. "Well of course she is your girlfriend. Why else would you declare this ridiculous duel? I mean obviously you either need to distract me so I forgot about her. OR you need to prove your manliness to her because you feel so inferior to me. I mean SHE knows I am great, see she bet of me not you, what does that say?" Thomas exclaimed seeming to not have a care in the world. He was so excited to be here with all these pretty girls and being part of this duel. It was amazing.

Thomas soon pointed his rifle at the roof firing it off. Then a cloud rolled in above Gaius. Lightning flashed through the room. The crack of thunder was near deafening as it rumbled causing the ground to vibrate, and in the epicenter of this all a stray thunder came down in front of Thomas illuminating his evil looking face as he chuckled. Soon the thunder came down on Gaius.
    "I told you I am the best!" Thomas yelled out over the thunder clap as he stared down Gaius.

Or this was what Thomas thought happened. In reality after Thomas shot his gun into the air a small thunder bolt had come down on Gaius. It was effective but not as flashy as Thomas believed it to be. The laugh and exclamation at the end seemed a lot less effective without the effect that came with it in his mind. Even still. Thomas then turned to the red head that came in late.
    "So babe, what how about I buy you a drink after?" Thomas said to Scarlett with a wink and a click of the tongue.

Thomas used Thunder
    [​IMG]
    Silvia bit her lip as she looked at the girl talking to her again. "Oh, uh... my name is Silvia. I am a medic type person." Silvia told the girl. "Do you think we have to share rooms?" Silvia started. "I-I don't know if I can do that, I am not much of a people person if you can't tell." Silvia explained her nervousness. Soon enough Silvia was fidgeting with her hands as she watched the fight. "I guess I better get my magic ready for after this is over, I mean I am a support after all, guess I will have to heal them once they wound each other." A sigh escaped her lips as she shook her head. It was why she was there, to help by providing support and healing, but these guys scared her and she didn't really want to. Then again it was a good way to prove she belonged and letting her join was a good idea.

15. Skyheart Joker

[​IMG]
    The man who had initiated this fight, Gaius, had kicked it off by leaping forward towards the upstart lech of the group with his fists a blazing. Not literally, but she could sense the raw passion to fight behind them. Then, another person in the guild had decided to join on this as well, declaring himself to be the winner before he had even made his move. And thus, he targeted Vormund herself, with a strike of lightning that rained across the entire guild hall. If that wasn't bad enough, the bird man clad in the golden armor had let loose one as well. Vormund was not quite sure that she would be able to sustain the hits, though, even if she were able to take all of the lightning that fell there was still the matter of dealing with the two mages. While the vulgar one was basically over and done with from a combination of the lightning and punch, the two mages had still stood fiercely before her. To pick one was quite the difficult choice. Nevertheless, she readied her blade as if to strike them down. Putting it to her side, she quickly slashed it forward, not to attack, but more so to let loose a burst of wind that would strike through everyone. Though the wind would be weaker against the other targets, her biggest one for the moment was the sun bird himself, Ra.

Charlotte used Aero on Ra.

16. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Gaius used Quick Blitz on Thomas. He did 3 damage, but with Strength, Weapon and Speed, he did 19 damage! Thomas' defense was able to block 1 of the damage. Thomas took 18 damage. He was left with 2 HP. Veilen used Thunder on Charlotte. He did 6 damage, but with Magic and Weapon he did 15 damage! Charlotte's defense was able to block 5 of the damage. Charlotte only took 10 damage. She was left with 20 HP. Half of the damage from Thunder hit the other members in Battle! Gaius lost 7 HP, but with his defense he was able to block 0 of the damage. Ra lost 7 HP, but with his defense he was able to block 0 of the damage. Thomas lost 7 HP, but with his defense he was able to block 2 of the damage. Thomas is down! Ra used Thunder on Charlotte. He did 1 damage, but with Magic and Weapon he did 12 damage. Charlotte's defense was able to block 4 HP. Charlotte took 8 damage. Half of the damage from Thunder hit the other members in battle. Gaius lost 6 HP, but with his defense he was able to block 0 of the damage. Velien lost 6 HP, but with his defense he was able to block 2 of the damage. Thomas lost 6 HP, but with his defense he was able to block 1 of the damage. Charlotte used Aero on Ra. It did 8 damage, but with Magic it did 13! Ra lost 13 HP, but with his defense he was able to block 0 of the damage. Half of the damage from Aero hit the other members in battle! Gaius lost 6 HP, but with his defense he was able to block 0 of the damage. Velien lost 6 HP, but with his defense he was able to block 2 of the damage. Thomas lost 6 HP, but with his defense he was able to block 2 of the damage.

Gaius Ryan
    HP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (1)
    Weapon: Fisticuffs (1-4) +5SPD
    Strength: 14
    Speed: 4(+5)

Ra
    HP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (0)
    MP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (43)
    Weapon: Mage’s Staff (3-10) +0SPD
    Speed: 4

Veilen
    HP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (12)
    MP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (43)
    Weapon: Enchanted Sword (1-8) +2SPD

Thomas
    HP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (-13)
    Weapon: Magic Sniper Rifle: (3-8) +2SPD

Charlotte
    HP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (12)
    MP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (20)
    Aero: Call on the wind to lift enemies into the air and then send them flying. Stuns some foes. (5MP, 8 damage on impact+Stun)
    Weapon: Hand and a Half Sword (3-11) -1SPD
    Speed: 1(-1)
    Defense: 5

Bets placed:

Levi: 100 on Velien

[​IMG]

"I'm sure it'll be ok. I'm pretty sure the Dorm's are only with 2 or 3 people." Calxiyn tried to smile encouragingly. "Wow! Your magic sounds so cool." Calxiyn smiled. She watched the battle attentively. "Oh no!" She mumbled. She watched as Thomas went down. "I think it's your time to shine Silvia." She giggled. "It's too bad he lost, I thought he'd be better at Magic then he was with flirting." She sighed, though she still had a smirk on her face. "Either way I just lost my Jewels. Hopefully I'll be able to get them back on a Job or something." She said, taking a sip of her drink. She eyed at the staff table, and noticed they were starting a betting pool of their own. This Guild was something else. She supposed they did have the most money to be throwing around though. S-Class members got to take on huge jobs of course, some of them even deadly. Even the smallest mistake could lead to a Mage's death. She wouldn't be going on one of those anytime soon, unless some of the S-Class members wanted them to tag along. Either way the rewards for these kinds of jobs were huge, with Jewels Calxiyn could only dream of. Her family used to be very well off, but as years pasted... she shook her head.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  17. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Alessia nodded at Skadi and watched with some curiosity as the other girl started betting on other people to make her friend perform better. It took her a couple of moments for it to click that what she was probably doing was betting against him to inspire him to try harder, although Gaius was clearly confused by this turn of events. It made her wonder. How well did those two know each other? Maybe they had joined the guild together? That would explain it. She was quite curious now.
    "Do you two know each other well then?" Alessia asked as casually as she could. She didn't want to come across as nosy. The battle was quite a spectacle and the lightning flashing about was putting her nerves on edge quite considerably. They really should be careful! They might hurt someone other than the fighters casting magic like that! She glanced around and saw the two she was sitting with talking a bit, which reminded her-
    "Oh, and what was your name again? I never asked." She made a mental note to go over and ask the others the same thing.

[​IMG]

"OI! RED LADY! DON'T LOSE ME MONEY!" Dale said by way of encouragement. It was encouragement of a sort he supposed. Then she launched an Aero on Ra and it looked pretty effective to him. "That's it! Do it again lass! Another one of them and you'll be just fine!" Hmm, not a bad person to bet on. He did admire Gaius, the guy that issued the whole challenge though. It was quite brave and he was going in there pure fisticuffs which was pretty good. Upon hindsight maybe he should have had a little more faith in the guy that had the gall to stand up and issue a challenge like that. It looked like he had some money on him, but not much. Some of these people were going full ridiculous though. He knew that some people had thrown a sizeable chunk if not the entire Jewel purse at this, Edric being one of the former. He wasn't that free with his money to put the whole thing in. Besides, that guy was going to look pretty silly if he lost wasn't he?

18. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Ander baner.png
    Ander's pov:
    His attention go shifted to the battle this need to stop. The battle went on long enough with these people casting magic willy nelly someone was got to get hurt or killed this need to stop. He started to make his way to the battle area. He would stop this only if he could get there in time.....

Sara banner.png
    Sara Row's pov:
    The betting the colors were all but to much the necklace turned from blue to purple glow. The magic color binding she found herself right next to the battle area if she moved any closer she would be in the battle. She got a sharp pain in her head. All she saw was fire in her minds eye. she put one hand on a table next to her and the other on her head. not here noo, her emotions becoming to a dangerous level....

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  19. sportfreak22 Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]
    //Guild Hall//

Scarlett had just gotten done dealing with one overconfident weird flirt, and yet here came another one. Maybe this guild was waayy less professional then she thought. Ugh, well, too late to back out now. She looked over at the person who had winked at her (Thomas) and rolled her eyes
    . "I think you better start paying back everyone who made the mistake of betting on your pathetic attempt to show off. And if you call me 'babe' one more time, I'll make you wish you didn't." Her time was sharp and demanding, with her eyes squinted a bit in annoyance. Wasn't there anyone here who was professional? Or was this just one of those lame guilds that thought they were so much better than everyone else? Ugh. Scarlett decided that when it was time to room, she would find the largest one and claim it for herself. No one here so far was even worthy of sharing with her.

20. Xannytoes Merlin's Housekeeper

[PLACERHOLDER FOR AN IMAGE. IT'S COMING, I PROMISE!]

"GO VEILEN! MAKE ME SOME MONEY!" Levi would have shouted more words of encouragement, were it not for that red-haired chick attempting to shove him. He grabbed onto the table to save himself, subsequently sliding to the right to avoid any further assault.

"Really? What kind of woman pushes a nice guy with a broken arm? He kept his distance, but shook his sword at her as a warning. If she tried it again, he'd shave that hair off her head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.