In The Times Of Fairy Tails

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Calxiyn, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Ra used Binding Strike

2. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

An Operatic Tragedy:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "I have nothing else to give!" She yelled first, but then she heard the rest. "But I can give you my time, it is all I have left. Let's escape this forest together." She put her hand on the old man as she tried to guide them both outside of the forest.

"Little did Clarissa know that the Knight wasn't really lost at all, but testing her bravery, sympathy and kindness. And as a reward he would give her, his sword!"

Snow White

[​IMG]
    The adviser spoke. "I am the adviser of Prince Frederick, and this is the Prince. Isn't this girl the Princess?"

"But as the Adviser closed the door behind them, the other mirror held the image of Snow White as well. Even the reflection in the eyes of the Adviser and the Prince had the same image of the beautiful, blooded girl. Would the Queen be taken over by madness? Would she be able to get away with the crime?"

Mission Tips:

Calxiyn will feed you lines if your character doesn't know what to do.
    Calxiyn will get huffy if you stray too much from the story she's telling, so try to act in character.
    Your character can still be awkward while speaking etc.
    Calxiyn will also do special effects for you if you give her a 'cue'.
    For Halloween Missions I will use Black and Orange Text.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

Veilen used Binding Strike. I'll give Leo and Zephyr a legit post later.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Thomas uses fire

[​IMG]
    "I myself haven't been here for long." Silvia replied. "I arrived with all the other new people that joined at the same time." Silvia explained. "Um... What brings you two here?" She asked Tessa and Conrad, clearly nervous and not sure what to say in conversation. It was rare for Silvia to rarely have to have a conversation, and it was showing.

5. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    "Oh... uh... okay" Damian said uncertainly "Here, have my sword, you have... uh... proved worthy" Damian passed Clarrissa his staff "Now go and uh... have fun"

6. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Caliborn sped through the skies as fast as he could, his eyes narrowed against the wind blowing past him. Normally, the wind rushing through his hair and across his face would have been a pleasant experience but right now the air was holding him back from getting there quicker. As he drew closer to the scene, it was no enemy that she was facing. Instead, it was Gexln, Dale and Johanna with a group of Guild Members. What has she done? As she was distracted, swinging towards the Wizards with an oversized hand, the Sky Dragon grabbed one of his arrows and stabbed it into the flesh of her shoulder, anchoring him to the body. The best way to do this would be to extract her with a blade weapon, but he didn't exactly have one of those right now so he'd have to make do. Instead, he placed a hand on the flesh of her shoulder and closed his eyes, sighing. This might not work as intended, but he didn't have an awful lot of choice at this point. His hands were tied.
    "Storm Shred." Caliborn muttered. Wind gathered around his hand and in a violent roar, tore through the Titan flesh of the nape of Mikasa's neck. A cloud of steam rose from the neck and blood sprayed with skin flying, but Mikasa was there. The magic was disgusting in a way, as she was tied into the body by fleshy bonds. Scowling, Caliborn stepped into the gap behind her and pushed his arms into the sticky mass, locking around her arms. He pulled back and there was more steam and blood as he forced her arms loose and as her torso began to pull away, the body stumbled backwards and began to collapse. "Curses." With a quick burst of air magic, the S-Class catapulted himself and the girl he was carrying out from the falling body and landed roughly on the ground. The magical form melted away, fortunately not having hit anything when it collapsed. The unconscious Mikasa lay still in his arms and he laid her out on the ground, brushing what he could off him.

7. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    Evanora had been hiding Lullaby in a safe place as well as dealing with the other artifacts that were picked up by Caliborn, including Calxiyn's mask, The Oracle and the Hand Of Midas when she returned to the Guild to see chaos. A giant, Titan body of Mikasa was decomposing as all Titan bodies do. The area was hot, and the air was thick.

"What is the meaning of this, Caliborn?" Evanora saw Caliborn holding Mikasa, she was unconscious. "Get a healer for The Guild Members. Take Mikasa up to the dungeon and take these." Evanora dug into the inside pockets of her shirt, giving Caliborn what looked to be like enchanted objects. "Secure the room, make sure that the only people that can get in or out are you and I. Make sure Mikasa is secured so she can't even move her mouth, understand?" Evanora gave out the orders.

"Gexln, Gaius, Ra, Charlotte, Veilen, Thomas, go see Silvia or stay with Johanna they can heal you. I understand that you must be shaken. I need to go help Caliborn with Mikasa. We will get to the bottom of this." Evanora then followed Caliborn up the stairs.

[​IMG]
    Mikasa woke up. She was tightly secured, so much so that she didn't even have any magic left in here. Her magic was draining, and the only reason she wasn't dead was because of Evanora checking her levels. Her jaw was forced open so she couldn't bite the inside of her lip, her arms and legs secured to the ground. She had never seen the room with this much security, even for Boreal. She wondered why she wasn't exiled like Ezekiel yet. She opened her eyes, and saw Caliborn in front of her, as well as Evanora. His arms were folded, a look of increasing disappointment crossing his face. Mikasa felt her eyes stain. He shook his head.

Evanora looked down at her. She was pacing the room. "Mikasa, are you coherent?" Evanora asked her. Mikasa nodded stiffly, she could barely move her head. Evanora then looked at her, checking her pupils before sitting down on a wooden chair. Evanora moved the object obstructing her speech and her jaw. "Ask your questions, Caliborn."

An Operatic Tragedy:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Thank you, fair knight. I will now bring justice!" She shouted to him as she ran through the forest. Calxiyn jumped down from her chair, and spoke to the crowd with excitement.

"And Clarissa raced from the forest, raced to the moors where she called-"

"I have returned, Braxton! I will free the moors of your tyranny! Fight me!" She yelled to him, the knights sword in hand.

8. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Evanora came quickly to the scene, almost immediately. It wasn’t perhaps surprising, given the noise and really it was amazing that she hadn’t intervened before. Of course, she began to immediately give her orders as was expected.
    “I can’t say for sure, I just got here myself. I was supervising Cal and ran into Edric when I spotted her in her Titan form. You’re better off asking Gexln frankly, given that he was here when I arrived.” Caliborn replied. As soon as she said to get a healer, he reached out and cast a quick Sky Dragon’s healing spell on the people present. Having been applied to everyone, and the relative speed, it might not have been a quality heal but it would stabilise any wounds. Johanna could deal with the rest later. He took the objects and pocketed them, then picked up Mikasa.

He reluctantly carried her to the tower and placed her down. He looked around and noticed something odd. Boreal, who they were holding before, had disappeared. The chains he was in were fine and in fact, it looked like he was allowed out. He couldn’t feasibly have lockpicked his way out, could he? That was beside the point, though he would raise the issue with Evanora at some point. He set up the prison, though he wasn’t comfortable with it. It would drain away her magical energy and he was distinctly uncomfortable with this.

When Evanora arrived, the questioning begun. He was disappointed, but that was necessary. Honestly, he mostly felt a little disgust. Seeing his friend chained down and degraded like this, her very life force being drained away… He was disappointed with Mikasa but he hardly approved of Evanora’s methods here.

“First of all Evanora, let us get this done quickly. I dislike having one of my friends held in such a manner.” He stated. “There’s no dignity in it.” His voice was clipped and cold. He sighed, and shook his head.
    “Well Mikasa, I have to ask – Why did you do it?” He asked. “And what happened out there? What brought you into conflict with the other members of the Guild?”

9. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "I agree with you Caliborn, but you must be aware that Mikasa is a great danger up here."

Mikasa looked up at Caliborn, with not a look of longing nor a look of desperation, but of blankness. Her eyes told a different story. She was thankful for Caliborn, so thankful, but she was afraid she had ruined everything. Mikasa spoke carefully, having great attention to each word as she looked up at Caliborn's eyes. It almost broke her heart to see him so disappointed in her. "Dale led Gexln and the group members out on a wild goose chase. Dale said he heard of a dragon, and they were going to check it out. I was attacked by a creature into town, and I found out that it was a hoax from Daphne's obnoxious monologue. She was going to use Gexln in order to have him control a super dragon - something that would have destroyed more then just the Guild Hall, the whole city. I went to go talk some sense in Gexln, but he wouldn't listen to me. I got frustrated with him and words were exchanged. Dale came out... he started to fight against me. I thought maybe if I could convince him I would bring some harm to Johanna he would abandon Daphne and come back to the Guild Hall, at least then the mechanical dragon would be inactive. I assumed Gexln would follow, and even if he didn't Daphne wasn't a wizard from what I could tell. I went and grabbed Johanna, and held her up here. I wasn't planning on hurting her, just making it look like I did." Mikasa looked up at Caliborn, her face going pale and her life continuing to drain from her being. You could tell she was tired. "The group attacked me again, and I thought I would win, but I realized that I had used too much of my energy. I turned into my Titan form once before then already, and I was getting sloppy. I turned into Titan form."

She then looked up at Caliborn with madness. "Dale is the real traitor, he planned to hurt innocent people. He was angry because of a silly prank Trevor and Boreal pulled on him, and that gave him no right!" She started breathing heavily.

"I'll go speak to Dale myself." Evanora told Caliborn. "Stay here with Mikasa, and check her vitals."

"Caliborn..." Mikasa's voice trailed off. "I thought it was better to try something then to just wait for death. Please."

10. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"I understand, and yet... It still doesn't feel right to me." Caliborn spoke. He listened to Mikasa's report of events. A lot of things about this situation were disappointing and what was going on with Dale was also disappointing. And then the actions of Trevor and... Boreal? Trevor seemed to be the nicer of the man's personalities, and Boreal wasn't meant to be out of his cell. Things seemed to be getting incredibly complicated. Mikasa's reasoning with things was flawed. It didn't add up. He didn't trust her to tell the entire truth here and honestly, everything felt wrong about it. Johanna certainly wouldn't have gotten involved if it was just a trick on her part. Still, he wanted to believe in her, so he was torn. They'd have to speak to Dale and the others and get the story off them. Hopefully this Daphne person would be dealt with soon, because whether or not Dale had actually helped her actions were a danger should she have succeeded. "We'll see. We do need to talk to Dale, and the others to see what was happening. I'm not sure what to make about this situation." Evanora reported that she was leaving to speak with Dale. As soon as Mikasa was gone, he deactivated the mana drain device but left the suppression chains on.
    "Still... There were better ways than fighting everyone Mikasa." Caliborn sat down in his chair and put his head in his hands. "However, what you did does seem to have saved us some trouble." He was at a loss for words now and the room fell into an awkward silence for a minute before he remembered the thing in his inner pocket. He took it out and showed the necklace to her.
    "I got this for you while I was out today." Caliborn said. "I want to give it to you. Just... Promise that I can have faith in you. It should never have come to this in the first place."

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  11. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    Mikasa started to laugh lightly. "I don't know how to do anything else but fight." She admitted. She didn't mind revealing a bit of weakness to Caliborn, though her voice kept her cold tone, until there seemed to be a spur of emotion in her. "Once I'm dead, I won't even be able to remember you. So I had to win, no matter what. I had to live, no matter what! And I had to protect you." She pulled her arm forward only for it to be caught by the chains. She sat in the silence before Caliborn showed her the necklace. "I... it's beautiful. It's the most beautiful thing anyone has ever given me." She sighed. "It's... the only thing anyone has ever given me." She seemed to have tears in her eyes, and her voice sounded warmer then it had been. She then nodded. "I promise Caliborn."

12. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Were the circumstances different, it would have been nice, almost endearing to see her laugh and smile. Sadly, the situation wasn't quite the gentle, friendly one that would be optimal. At least, he supposed, she was admitting that she had some faults. He hadn't a clue as to how to correct any of it, or make her feel better, so he sat there uselessly until she saw the necklace. Despite everything, seeing her pure, honest reaction brought a little warmth to him and his face changed from the stern expression to a smile. He hadn't seen her smile like that... Ever. Not to mention how she looked even slightly teary eyed. He knelt in front of her and wiped the tears off her face.
    "Alright Mikasa." Caliborn said. He put the necklace around her neck. "I'll hold you to that promise." He stood up and sat down again.
    "Now then, I suppose we wait for Evanora to decide what the plan is and then get you out of here since I have it on faith that you won't do this again." He spoke, reclining. Some of the tension was eased by her words. He wanted to believe. He wanted this woman that he had known for many years to be able to be different. Not just her cold, antisocial self, but rather happier and just... Better. "I've deactivated the mana drain. You should feel more comfortable. I'd let you out if I could, but I believe that Evanora will grill me for turning that off, let alone freeing you."

13. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Conrad Heinrich Adelbrecht Carsten von Eisenstein II

Tessa was happily eating her stew and Conrad felt glad, what had happened must have troubled her an aweful lot, he knew it had, the not being able to speak properly, the nervous little things she did. It was good she had calmed down a bit, found her bearings. He himself was sitting there eating ignoring the new bloke that was following them around, though he had to say he had an odd way of putting things. Tessa had remained quiet, but he didn't put too much thought into it, figuring she just wanted to enjoy her food. It was then that Silvia spoke up, clearly not used to conversation. "
    I myself haven't been here for too long either, came with some of the later arrivals, like Vance." Conrad said "As for what brought me here, well my first plan for work didn't exactly go as planned, I wanted to enlist in the officer corps of the Army, however when they discovered I held the ability to cast magic they thanked me kindly and asked me to leave. Up till then I was unaware of it... I had trained for that up until then. Few weeks backs due to some very unfortunate circumstances in family relations, I changed my plans, I had to grow stronger as a mage and so I came here to improve my abilities." He kept the tone of his voice fully under control, only the choice of words lifting the veil a little about something he wasn't telling them. He ate another spoon full of stew. He had left out some details others might deem important like his noble status, but he didn't want to wave it around, like the aforementioned Vance, it only caused divides that he didn't want to exist. He still found it odd that none had remarked on his wounds, perhaps it was just not wanting to point out the elephant in the room, perhaps it was something else, maybe it was better that way.

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

"It wasn't anything you said." Zephyr said, adjusting his expression closer to his normal, less sadden, one that had recently appeared. "It's a little more complicated." He didn't want Alessia to feel bad for something that wasn't her fault. This was a completely personal reason that was his to deal with. That is to say, if she asked about it he would probably tell her. It may have been personal, but it wasn't necessary to keep it a secret.

While both Silvia and Conrad had spoken, Leo had started to eat the stew that was made for them. There was a faint "mmm" of enjoyment as Leo swallowed the portion of stew that he had placed in his mouth. He had done so after Conrad had finished speaking so he decided to speak. "I've been part of the guild for a year. Before that I spent a lot of time travelling around taking pictures."

~Storytime~

Not sure what to have Prince Leo do at this time so let's say he stood around waiting for what the queen would do.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As the noise quieted down Thea uncurled herself as she started to settle back into her bed. She was scared still, but she couldn't keep herself awake any longer. Her face was pail from the exhaustion and her skin cold. She had not had any time to rest and regain some of her magic after entering the room due to the noise and shaking. If the guild was under attack there was nothing she could do to help. Everyone here would die, just as her parents did, but perhaps she would go with them this time. Perhaps that was for the best. If the guild was attacked and everyone died what did she have left? She could find Alastor but he might hate her for having stayed there. Besides that if she survived an attack then she would just be some orphan with no where to go, destined to die in the street. She would go from nobility to nothing at all. Though despite these thoughts Thea soon fell asleep once more, it was a well needed sleep.
    [​IMG]
    When Caliborn and Evanora stepped in to finish dealing with Mikasa, Thomas stumbled back. His vision was blurry and he didn't feel well. Thomas couldn't stop himself from puking before he fell back hitting his head on the floor with a loud thunk. It seemed that the liquor in his system finally got the better of him and he passed out, but not before a rush of adrenaline kept him fighting, which would probably make things much worse in the morning. The boy's head would sure hurt now, if not from the hang over, from the possible concussion that he just received when passing out. And there was always the possibility of alcohol poisoning from the sear amount he drank in order to keep up with Edric. But for now the boy slept peacefully, not knowing what was waiting for him in the morrow.
    [​IMG]
    "Oh... I am sorry to hear that." Silvia said in response to Conrad's explanation. She didn't really want to talk or think about her mother or how she pretty much disowned her for coming here, so instead Silvia tried to change the subject. She looked up at Conrad's face and the marks left from a fight or something. "Does it hurt?" She asked softly. If it did she would make a tonic to help with pain, if not, she figured it was too late to fix the marks left. If it was freshly happened Silvia was confident that she could heal without leaving scars but after a while that wouldn't be possible.

16. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Zephyr said that it wasn't her fault, so that was something. She was inclined to believe him. Why wouldn't she? He wasn't going to make everything out to be fine when it wasn't, that would just be silly. Despite the fact that it was probably private, she was also kind of curious as to what sort of complicated that he had in his life. Hers really was quite easy, fairly stress free. Judging by the people she had seen, she guessed that she was one of the only people who had lived a normal life before coming here.
    "I don't mean to be rude but, what's complicated about it?" She asked. "Did you not get on with your parents?" Apparently that happened with people. She didn't get that so much though, given that hers were nice and her friends back home didn't really seem to have many issues either.

[​IMG]

For Halloween...

"You intend to vanquish me with that pathetic little blade? And your weak physique? Honestly, you should just give up now, it'l be less embarrassing for you."
    Vance said, parrying her blows with relative ease. "If you give in now, you'll be spared the worst of what may come. You'll live comfortably, and in time happily. Yes. Join me, and together we shall rule over the moors as husband and wife!" The marriage bit is being more generous than she understands.

Back in the real world where Vance isn't horribly weird about women.

Finally, he had cleaned up the mess that Tessa had made with that thrice accursed wind spell. He stretched himself out, groaning pleasurably as his muscles expanded. He took off his coat and hung it up next to his bed, then did the same for his shirt. It was plenty warm enough and honestly, he didn't wish to ruin his clothing by wearing it in his bed. He also removed his boots and switched to a pair of trousers he had specifically made for optimal comfort. Then, the young nobleman tucked himself into the bed and attempted to get himself to sleep. His thoughts roamed his mindscape for a time, creating webs of connections to represent the social relations that he was aware of and started to consider some countermeasures against the obviously unstable woman that had recently managed to attach herself to Conrad. One with a hatred for noblemen too, Still, the other man would be fine. He was, relatively speaking, new money and he wasn't quite yet entrenched in their world to the same degree as the Dorians. Perhaps that would give him some leeway with that strange witch by the name of Tessa.

17. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    In Story time, Tessa said whatever she was supposed to and did whatever she needed to for the story to progress.

Tessa kept eating and kept her head down because she didn't know what to say. The stew was delicious. Maybe she should get a hair cut. Hopefully no one would notice her.

18. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Ander's pov:

Ander baner.png

With Tessa not saying anything or doing anything it was time for him to go. The table was full and there was no reason to stay. It was up to Tessa to take what he had said. "Enjoy your self." He then turned and walked away from the table. He wondered if he would ever find what Tessa clearly found. People to be your friend to enjoy life with and to just talk. He was now did not have anything to do. Caliborn was still gone so it just left him to do nothing. (Ander is free to talk to anyone)

19. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Conrad Heinrich Adelbrecht Carsten von Eisenstein II

Conrad shrugged when
    Silvia replied "Not much to be done about it now, maybe I'll go back one day, redeem myself, correct my mistakes." Conrad said, he noticed Tessa hadn't said a word, despite that new bloke that had followed them around asking her questions directly and phrasing a few things in a rather odd way. Where was he even? The man had walked away apparantly, oh well. Conrad ate some more of his stew when Silvia asked him whether it hurt, he knew the question would have come sooner or later. It was funny the visible damage wasn't what still ached with some movements, but that which was unseen was what still bugged him. "No, it's alright, Damian took care of it, right after it happened, I just gotta take it easy for now, but thank you for your concern." He said, knowing full well that Tessa was sitting right beside him, knowing what Damian had said and how this all came to be in the first place. His eyes turned towards her, trying to get a look at her face. He couldn't see, but going on what she had expressed before it'd be best to change topics. What Leo mentioned ought to be able to change it all. "Can't say I have traveled an aweful lot, a few trips with the family, some recreational some purely business. Would you mind sharing a tale from your travels with us, Leo?" He asked politely, then moving his attention back to the middle of the group "And what about you two? Got any travel stories to share?"

20. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Silvia went back to eating quietly when Conrad told her that Damian took care of the injuries already. She was starting to feel rather useless given that the only thing she was good at was healing, and Damian seemed to be taking that job from her. Sure he was older and probably more experienced than her, so people probably preferred his help, but she hated to sit back while others did what she considered her job. It left her feeling empty and like she didn't truly have a point in being in the guild anymore. Even when they were on missions with people not from the guild that she could help. she seemed to fail. She couldn't save the fairies, she couldn't save the nutcracker. She was unable to heal the little girl who seemed to be struggling so dearly. She couldn't stop or save the adviser when she tried to run off and fell off the cliff. She couldn't do any of that. She couldn't use her powers in healing to actually help people, so why was she here? She bet that if Damian was there he would probably have been able to save Leviathan too.

Silvia almost missed the question aimed towards her about traveling while thinking about all she couldn't do.
    "No, I wasn't allowed to even leave my house much." Silvia said in a small quiet voice before standing up and picking up her half full bowl of stew. "Excuse me." She said quietly as she turned to take her bowl to the kitchen. Part way there she remembered that she had told them that she would do dishes. "I'll come back to clean everything up in a bit." She said over her shoulder before she walked away completely. She needed to get away from everything, and the first place she thought to go was the roof, however then she remembered what happened last time she went there. That would not be a good idea. Perhaps she could just talk to Caliborn about this. He always seemed to help calm her down. Maybe he could tell her how she could make herself useful to this guild, just maybe. Not knowing where else to start Silvia went to Caliborns dorm room and knocked on the door.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.