In The Times Of Fairy Tails

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Calxiyn, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

Mysterious Labyrinth

[​IMG]
    Leon. A waste of good oxygen, as far as Mizuki was concerned. Furthermore, he was giving Mikasa a hard time, and while it was awkward for Mizuki to have to defend her superior, especially one as capable as Mikasa, the circumstances demanded that she give a response. So since she did have to say something, might as well tell him what she was really thinking.
    "You're not a real wizard," she told Leon coldly. "Talking asses don't count." She turned away from him, having had enough of him. She needed to focus her attention on the mission and the team. "I suggest we ignore the fool in the corner. Hemlock, is there anything else you can tell us?" she asked the butler, probing him for more information.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  2. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Evtheven Cathedral

Ander baner.png

Ander's pov:

He gave the pastor a nod. "I will find your dad Leon. Now tell me when and were was the last place you saw him?" He was kind of confused about what was going on. "I will stay here as long as it takes to find him."

3. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Satoya High School

"So where do we find these ghosts?" Zwei asked.

[​IMG]

"You can't just ask him that!" Calxiyn said in a sudden outburst. "Sorry Dale, it's just, we've barely been here 2 minutes and they're already jumping to things. We don't even know if this place is really cursed or not yet." She crossed her arms.

[​IMG]

He cleared his voice uncomfortably.

[​IMG]

Mikami took over. "We have cleared out a conference room at your request. Anyone that wants to talk to you will be directed there."

She took them down the hall, not bothering to be much help as a tour guide. She looked frazzled at best, like they could zap her any moment. She opened the door to an office type space, with a huge table as well as a computer.

"Um, excuse me, I'm sorry if you've already made it clear, but which one if you is in charge here?" She asked Zwei. She looked frightfully nervous.

Child's Play

[​IMG]

The group started to walk up the stairs, but before they could even open the door to Elayne's room, a women came from one of the Master Suites.

[​IMG]

"Oh, you must be the little Wizrals that my sister-in-law hired." Siaun gave them a harsh look. "Don't be messing around in this house, do you understand me? I don't like the idea of all your Hocus Pocus near my child!" She snapped, before slamming her bedroom shut.

[​IMG]

"I'm sorry, I think this whole situation is a bit much to her. As you can imagine, our little town doesn't get a lot of Wizards like you here, though I heard a local church the High School has hired some, but that could be a rumor." She laughed dryly. "I hope this isn't all connected somehow, I don't want any of this to be more trouble." She sighed.

She went to open the door. "Oh, that reminds me, Elayne is from my brother's previous marriage, I just thought you should know. Please don't bring it up around Siuan." She swung the door open.

"Hello darling, hope you're hungry! And look, the Wizards are here!"

[​IMG]

The opened the door slowly, hoping not to startle the little girl playing with her dolls. She looked up at them curiously. "Please to meet you!" She glowed. She picked up her doll from the floor, and took it with her as she introduced herself. She stuck out the hand of the doll, as if asking one of the Guild Members to shake it.

Evtheven Cathedral
    [​IMG]

The Pastor invited them all in for tea, as the children played inside with blocks. The girl who was possessed sat on Hasu's lap as they talked. "I should have told you myself, but Leon was an Orphan who lived here after his father brought him here a long time back. The possessions started to happen after Leon disappeared. I'm afraid we haven't been able to find his father, he's gone off the map. There's no use talking to Leon like this, he couldn't communicate." The Pastor explained. "He was mute, so when he said anything at all back there I was taken aback. You won't be able to get any information or reason with him, I'm sorry." The Pastor hung his head. He heard one of the child call, and went over to them in a hurry.
    [​IMG]
    Johanna sighed. Now that Father was gone they could talk freely. "Maybe we should see what else he knows." She said, playing with her necklace. "Does anyone want to interrogate him?"

4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Things where not going on along fast. What was so hard about walking along, finding something to fight, then kicking its butt, like seriously. Why did they have to stay there and question this guy. Question him, question him about what on top of it all. Thomas decided to get things moving quicker so he walked up to Mr. Hemlock. "You! What is your favourite food?" Thomas said getting really in the mans face. Without backing off he made a wide eyed sad attempt at serious face as he went to speak again, this time his voice lower. "What colour underwear am I wearing right now?" He said making Hannahs judgement face*. Thomas being completely serious the entire time too. He slowly backed off and make a hand signal to say that he was watching him, his eyes now squinting.
    [​IMG]
    Silvia took a step back bumping into Skadi as a women entered a room and seemed to be angry at them. Well angry wasn't the term that would best suite but Silvia didn't know what it would be. Soon they made their way into the young girls bedroom. The child was adorable, it melted Silvias heart as the girl approached the group saying hello and offering her dolls hand for a hand shake. It was sad to think that they where hear because something was wrong with this girl who seemed so sweet and innocent. Silvia finally stepped forward seeming ready to do something for once. Silvia crouched in front of the girl and took the dolls hand shaking it. "It is very nice to meet you too. My name is Silvia, what is her name?" Silvia asked as she indicated to the doll. As a child Silvia liked to think her dolls where real and had feelings so she felt it best to treat this doll like it did. It probably would make her very happy.

*-Xero-'s face that she makes when she is judging you harshly. It is scary, a few people will know this.

5. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Evtheven Cathedral

Ander baner.png

Ander's pov:
    "He does not seem like the type to just give out information." Ander started thinking. "unless some one here is a copy magic user, mind reader or able to talk to sprits directly I don't see us getting any information that will help us." Ander's thing was that unless Johanna was hiding something else, which a most likely. The man would not tell them anything.

"people just did not open there lives to you unless they wanted to. We have to give him a reason for him to tell us."
    That was it of all the people here it was clear Ander was the one that wanted to help the children the most even though it was ignored by most.
    The thing that they should give the pastor was caring for the children tell him show him that he wanted to help.
    "
    I will do it. it wont be easy but I think I the best chance. unless someone else want to do it."

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  6. Glen Returned from the dead

Can confirm. It is a terrible face, one that inspires nightmares and paranoia. The one that the face belongs to is pretty, but the expression...it is the thing parents show their children at night to get them to eat their vegetables.

Mysterious Labyrinth thing

[​IMG]
    Gaius was growing impatient, and fast. He had signed up for that job so that he could get the chance to beat up dark guild members, only to find out he couldn't do that. Then there had been hope given to him in the form of evil spirits he could beat up instead, only to find out that nobody knew where the spirits were. Except perhaps the butler. Surely the butler, having presumably worked there for plenty of years, would know where they were, right? And then Thomas went and asked a stupid question. Stepping over to Thomas, he decided that the best way to proceed quickly was to answer his question for the butler. Grabbing onto the back of Thomas' pants, Gaius gave it a solid pull up and gave the flirt an atomic wedgie, pulling the boy's underwear over his head.

"Okay, I'm going to give you a hint. Are you ready? Here is your clue" Gaius said, before quickly sidestepping over to the butler. The fire mage held a hand next to his mouth so as to muffle the sound just slightly as he leaned towards the butler's ear, appearing as though he were about to whisper into his ear. "THE ANSWER IS RAINBOW! RAINBOW UNDERWEAR, DO YOU SEE IT? NOW WHERE ARE THE DAMN SPIRITS?" Gaius yelled out, risking defeaning the butler but making sure he got his point across.

7. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

Evtheven Cathedral

[​IMG]
    Ren watched the child on his lap thoughtfully. Leon was in control now, but was the child that was being possessed aware of all that was going on? In a way, it would probably be better for her if she wasn't. At least if she wasn't conscious she wouldn't be traumatised by the experience of her body being controlled without her will. Small comfort, but still.
    Ren was only half listening to the conversation going on around the table, but he heard Ander say he wanted to be the one to question the Pastor.
    "Yeah, sure," he shrugged. "I don't mind you asking him the questions. Much of a muchness, really. We're all here if we need to say something."

Mysterious Labyrinth

[​IMG]
    Mizuki sighed and pressed her fingers against her forehead in exasperation. She was by no means used to working in a team, but these two, Thomas and Gaius, made things ten times as difficult. She gave the other three members of Team King a quick, questioning look, as if to ask "Why are you in a team with these guys?", and then stepped forward.
    "Thomas, go talk to Leon. He's more on your level of intelligence. Gaius," she paused for a moment. "Correct question. Wrong approach. Less yelling next time. Hemlock," she snapped, suddenly facing the butler, "if you want this problem solved, answer the question. Tell us where the spirit is, or how we can find it. We'll deal with the rest."
    Mizuki was getting tired of this. Despite her snappy, bossy commands, she was not enjoying this. She didn't like dealing with people, whether they were clients or subordinates. Her preferred job was one where she didn't interact with anyone, except with a blade, for its duration. This mission, however, had only involved talking, and too much of it. It was giving Mizuki a headache.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  8. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Evtheven Cathedral
    [​IMG]

The Pastor returned, staying seated at the table. "I understand you all are here together in this investigation, I promise I'll try to help as best I can." The Pastor coughed. "I'm afraid in my old age, much as been forgotten about Leon. He was originally brought here by his father, but even though he promised to return for his boy the following Christmas, he never returned. It was apparent to us that Leon suffered from a mental disorder, which left him unable to speak."

[​IMG]

"But father, despite that he still talked." Johanna jumped in. "He must have had strong feelings for his father to notice him through another body." Johanna said. "But is that even possible? Could he have been able to speak because he was in possessing the child?"

Mysterious Labyrinth

[​IMG]

Hemlock was surprised at the Guild Members, and then even more surprised at the way their leader seemed to handle things. "The house has been unoccupied for some time now. The previous owner was the previous head of the Magic Council's Wife's Grandfather, and former family head. He actually build this house in his youth, but this that time there have been numerous renovations and add ons. In fact I think additions were made every year, so it's unlikely that much of the original building still remains."

9. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Evtheven Cathedral

Ander baner.png

Ander's pov:
    mental age Ander's foot. This man was clearly hiding something there was one way to get the answers. "
    Sur, these child have a chance at a better life. If you are hiding something you should tell us. By not telling us everything you put these yourself, everyone here and most importantly the children in danger.
    I must say that if you want this to stop you must tells us what you know and I mean everything, because if you don't people might and probably will die."

He looked at the others. "I will not you, let harm to become onto children. He was thinking now.
    "what color under were are you wearing. Leon must have been a happy child here, right? What was Leon's dad like?" What else can you tell me?"
    It was now the pastors choice if he would answer but, Ander would not let this man to continue to be here if he was just going to put children in harms way.

10. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]

"Though Leon couldn't speak like the others, he was happy here, and playful, all the other kids took a liking to him." He told Ander. "They even created playground games for him, including the Hide-N-Seek Game called Stick. At that time the building was under construction. But the children were so happy to be getting a new home, they just chose to play around the construction. They found it to be quite exciting. At first the children weren't sure how to include Leon, but they quickly discovered instead of shouting he could just send signals. They gave him a piece of wood from the construction site, and told him to use it to signal them." The Pastor told them. "Leon was very fond of the game, and played it quite often. Leon was known around the playground for being the best Hider. The other kids would call him the Master of Stick."

[​IMG]

"I can still see the huge smile on his face from when he would step out of wherever he was hiding. He was always so proud that no one was able to find it." Johanna said. "It was about 5 or 6 years ago he disappeared. I was 12 then.... though I was with the Guild, I never forgot about the Orphanage and came back here regularly." She played with her necklace. "I remember Father, you gave him a whistle for his Birthday didn't you? He then replaced the Stick for the Whistle while playing the game."

[​IMG]

The Pastor had tears in his eyes. "I told him... I told him to pay attention." He sobbed. "I told him if he ever needed someone to blow the whistle...."

"Not long afterwards Leon went missing."

[​IMG]

"Shhh Father..." She rubbed her hand on his back. "It's not your fault..."

"This was at a time when the Church's construction was almost complete, and the children were looking forward to having their first Christmas in their new house."

[​IMG]

"The children said that Leon had disappeared." The Pastor shook. "They were all playing Stick when it started raining on them. They said they were going back in but Leon never came out of his hiding place. We looked everywhere... there was no sign of him. The scaffolding that fallen down, we thought he was trapped under it. I started to pray and then snow started to fall. After hours of intense searching, no one ever found Leon..."

[​IMG]

"The only thing we found was his whistle." Johanna said. She put away her necklace, and then took out another chain from around he neck. It had an old fashion whistle at the end of it. "I found it next to a storage shed behind the church. There's a aqueduct that runs east to west back there. It's quite deep, and at the time there wasn't the fence there is now..."

11. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Evtheven Cathedral

Ander baner.png

Ander's pov:
    "
    Is that all pastor? Because that not much to go off of." The whistle. Of course. People just don't disappear.
    "Tell me pastor was Leon interested in magic, guilds anything like that?"
    Were did Leon go? no were. He was still here, or so he thought.
    "
    Objects can have a sort of magic to them so someone, Anything that Leon held close to him like a whistle could..." he stopped talking
    "Leon or someone could have put a spell on that whistle." Ander seemed like he knew about spells and objects quite a bit.
    It was quite odd that Leon just so happen to get the whistle and shortly after he was gone. Something just did not add up.
    "How old was Leon?" Age was a factor here if Leon was young then he did not do the magic, sure he could have, but is was unlikely.
    "was there ever anyone that wanted to hurt Leon, or someone that did not like him?"
    Someone probably set this up but who?
    Scaffolding that fallen? Scaffolding just does not fall

"Scaffolding just does not fall on its own. Pastor. Why was no one watching them? If there was then something happened."
    Ander was getting annoyed by this whole thing.

"Pastor children just don't just disappear." hum
    "The storage shed behind the church might be a good place to start looking." He told the others.

Child's play:

Sara banner.png

Sara's pov:
    She was on the lower floor still. When everyone just went up stairs. It was odd but whatever.
    She had another look around the lower floor something was not right here.
    She made her way up the stairs to see what was going on.
    Silvia introduced herself to the girl Elayne and a doll. she asked herself why they were here.
    Nothing was happening. Maybe this was a low end mission. What was going on? What was more then meets the eye was for sure.
    The upper floor of the house was just as nice as the lower floor.
    Everything was the same oak wood. Someone had a faddish with oak wood.
    This place was a fire waiting to happen. She feet so uneasy now. She reached down to touch her necklace.
    It was still gone. Would she ever find it. She kicked her self for not tightening the chain.
    She guessed she would just have to do with out it. She did not know if she could.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  12. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Evtheven Cathedral

[​IMG]
    "I'm not sure, he could not speak and he showed no sign of Magic Powers. I don't think any spell was put on the whistle. Around here there aren't very many Wizards." The Pastor explained. "We aren't sure how old Leon is, but he was probably around 9-10." The Pastor started to weep once more. "They were being watched, but of course you can't account for every child..."

[​IMG]

"Ander, you're clearly making him upset clam down." Johanna said sweetly. "The Police have looked up and down from here to where the aqueduct ends at the river. There is no sign of his body anywhere."

13. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

Mysterious Labyrinth

[​IMG]
    While all this talk of the buildings renovations would surely be fascinating to a historian, Mizuki wasn't so easily impressed. The butler was saying a lot, but nothing that helped them right now. Mizuki thought back to what Hemlock had said earlier. A teenager and some guild member disappearing. Fox fires spotted in the area. All things she wanted to ask the butler about in more detail, but right now there was something in particular she wanted to ask.
    "Why was this house left uninhabited?" she asked immediately after Hemlock had finished talking, barely giving him time to take a breath. "Did anything in particular happen to drive the people living here away?"

Evtheven Cathedral

[​IMG]
    So from the sounds of things, Leon had been swept away by the waters in the aqueduct. The more he thought about it, the more his spirits sank. Damn, this was depressing. Ander giving the Pastor a hard time wasn't helping things, but Ren could understand that the other man was probably deeply affected by this whole experience.
    Leon though, he was obviously trying to get people's attention. He wasn't doing this to harm the children, obviously, or anyone for that matter. It was purely an attempt by Leon to get a reaction from people. And it was certainly working.

"I think we need to go search along the aqueduct," Ren said quietly. "Leon is still playing hide and seek. That's why he's banging with the stick. He wants us to find him," he sighed sadly.
    "Pastor, can you lead us to the aqueduct?" Ren asked the clergyman. "I know the police couldn't find anything, but maybe with Leon around we can get him to help us find him."

14. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Evtheven Cathedral

Ander baner.png

Ander's pov:
    "
    Clam down, this involves the safety of the children, all information is important here." Was there ever anyone that wanted to hurt Leon, or someone that did not like him?
    This question was ignored. Well that was interesting. Was the pastor hiding something.
    "
    Safety of all the children here is more important, think of the children. Do you really want this to continue? I want to stop it but we can only do that if you tell us everything and help us.
    Ren is right lets go look."

Maybe looking were Leon was, might trigger something. Some memory or something. He did not completely trust the pastor but what you going to do.
    Something did not add up. "Do you have a picture of Leon?"

15. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]

She was impressed with Mizuki. She was asking the hard questions and taking charge. She would make a fine S-Class Wizard one day. "Could you also tell us about the home owner?" She nodded at Mizuki.

[​IMG]
    "Mr. Alfred Tsuda was the owner of the house. He owned a lot of land in areas such as this. He ended up building silk mill, he was also involved with various charities, such as the construction Evtheven Cathedral. He pasted away not too long ago."

"To answer your question, Miss. Mikasa, the last head of the family might have suspected something. His final words were telling the family to leave the Mansion. He wanted it to be abandon over time."

16. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

Mysterious Labyrinth

[​IMG]
    Mizuki didn't think the butler would be able to tell exactly why Tsuda had wanted the house abandoned, he would have said so right away, but perhaps Tsuda had recorded his reasons elsewhere. Maybe in a journal or some other document. Something like that would be most likely found in the study or library. However, this was all assuming that there was something written, which they had no reason to believe.
    Something they did have to go on though was the house, and the friends of the teenager who had disappeared. That was the clearest starting point that Mizuki could see, so she decided to go from that point.

"Hemlock, do you have a floor plan of the house?" she asked the butler. "we'll need to search it. And the friends of the teenager who disappeared, it would be convenient if we could talk to them. Same for anyone in the Blue Pegasus guild who knows anything about the disappearance of their guild member, although I doubt we could get in contact with them any time soon."
    She glanced over at Mikasa, questioning with a look if she approved of this train of questioning. While Mizuki was confident that this was the correct way to proceed, she also kept in mind that this was Mikasa's mission, and that she should be able to direct their actions as much as possible. Not quite Mizuki's style, but she had to fit into this guild.

17. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Damn it Gaius you little piece of..." Thomas started before Gaius began yelling at the butler about his colour of underwear. "Well you are just jealous that my underwear is far cooler than yours is." Thomas stuck out his tongue. That was when Mizuki addressed him. "Awwww Come on Mikasa I don't want to talk to that emo little sulking prat, what is the fun in that?!" Thomas whined as he was told to talk to Leon. He didn't even realize that she was insulting his intelligence. Then Thomas clued into something. "Did you guys realize he didn't bother answering Gaius' question and went on about something else. Pretty fishy if you ask me." Thomas shoved his hands in his pockets and began whistling while he let others figure out what was happening.

18. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Evtheven Cathedral

[​IMG]

Alessia remained silent while they all discussed. This mission seemed so easy before, but now... This was something else. A child was dead. Dead, waiting for a father that never came. And now... He was back from the dead playing the same game he died playing and was possessing other kids to do it. What sort of world was this? How could these things be allowed to happen? She clenched her fist, her face grave. Ander was taking charge with questioning the pastor here that was for sure, but nobody was paying much attention to Leon. Could he be part of the key? If he died... Then came back... Maybe he would know where his body was! Or what was left of it... But Leon wouldn't respond to anyone else. In fact, he only seemed to acknowledge that Ren existed. So...
    "Ren can you ask Leon to take us to where he died?" Alessia asked, breaking her silence. "You're the only person he's noticed."

Child's Play

[​IMG]

Siuan was very stressed from the sounds of it. And maybe it was because there were so many wizards. Had it been just him, he was sure she would have been just fine. She was generally alright with him. Zarine was more talkative of the two sisters in law, but that was another matter. Right now, events had been bad enough to put Siuan and Zarine on edge and he planned to deal with it. Not that he wouldn't have had it been anyone else, merely that the matter was personal. He didn't need the warning about not mentioning Elayne's father around Siuan, although the others might have if they noticed that Elayne and her didn't exactly look alike. Well, they knew now.

Elayne looked the same as ever. A little taller than when he last saw her, but that was normal for her age. They all grew up so fast. He smiled at her as he came in. He noticed the doll. How cute. Children were adorable at this age. So bright and bubbly and full of energy. She never failed to make him smile.

"Hello Elayne." He said enthusiastically, shaking the doll's hand. "These are my guildmates here. We're here to take a look around."

Satoya High School

[​IMG]

"I am the one in charge Miss Mikami." Dale stated, stepping into the conversation at last. They had been given enough free rein for now, it was time for them to be leashed again and follow his order and be as he dictated. Besides, he had to make it clear they answered to him above all others, and that this Mikami should answer to him too. "These guild members are new, but quite capable in their magic. I have allowed them to speak and observe how they handle themselves in the field, but I will be taking some more direct control of this team now. To start with, how do you plan to raise attention to the fact that we are available to speak to if required? Furthermore, is there anything about your situation that you wish to add yourselves. You brought us here, so presumerably there are some things you can tell us now aren't there?" It was time to get some facts out of Miss Mikami, and then the students would be next. While he waited for her to reply he started formulating a plan in his head. If a student came in, or indeed anyone... Then the best course of action was to send out one guild member to investigate their incident and he remain here to serve as a base of operations. They could all then report back. Seemed reasonable.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  19. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Satoya High School

[​IMG]

She looked at Dale shocked. "I've gone to every classroom myself and talked to all the students for the past few weeks, Sir." She looked embarrassed for a moment. "Well yes, there's something.."

The group sat down around the table.

"Well you see.. at night, I've been hearing this knocking sound. It wouldn't stop. So finally I went to go open the curtain..." She shuddered. "I saw a white hand, pale as snow tapping on my window."

[​IMG]

Calxiyn gasped, jumping out of her skin. "Has anyone else in your house heard the knocking Ms?" Calxiyn asked.

[​IMG]

"Yes, but it doesn't seem to bother them nearly as much." She told her.

[​IMG]

Suddenly a girl burst through the door. "Oh! Sorry Ms. Guidance Councilor Lady! I don't mean to interrupt or anything but I really really need to talk to the ghost hunters or whatever they are is that ok?"

[​IMG]

She narrowed her eyes at Kiyomi. "Yes, I was just leaving." She looked back at Dale. "Please keep what I said in mind." She bowed, before closing the door.

[​IMG]

She sat in the chair that the guidance councilor had sat in. "Hai." She said simply. "I'm the girl who said that their friend is possessed by a fox, remember me Dale?"

20. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

Evtheven Cathedral
    Amanda Quition banner.png
    Amanda Pov: She wasn't sure what to do. She would have to wait for Ren to ask then child a question.

Child's Play
    Jack Rincewind banner.png
    Jacks pov: "Caliborn if you don't mind me asking what exactly are we suppose to be doing here?"
    He noticed Zarine did not answer his question from earlier. He wondered why that was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.