In The Times Of Fairy Tails

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Calxiyn, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Silvia uses Fire surge ​

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

As Cassandra knelt down next to Kageyama, who had claimed to be stabbed by Erigor, Zephyr wasn't sure that he could be surprised by this or not. Getting rid of someone, whether they be your guild mate or not, is something expected of dark guilds. Though they all aren't the same in both strength and how they acted compared to the expected norm of dark guilds. Guess he just wasn't expecting this at all. "I don't think he's lying, we outnumber him and if he did decide to try something, one of us would probably try to intervene."

Cassandra had then giving out orders and despite he condition, she was going to fly after Erigor while carrying two of them with her. That wasn't a very good idea given unless she could rest or someone could use magic to improve her condition.
    "You sure that's a good idea? In your condition flying towards him while carrying two people will probably further tire you out. That could make you a liability in combat." Zephyr told Cassandra.

3. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

Mission of upmost importance:
    Jack Rincewind banner.png
    Jack's pov:
    "Zephyr is right you don't look like you can go farther. I also agree with Ander. Kage could be lieing. For one thing he might be trying to devide us. Then there the fact that we don't really know if Erigor stabed him or not. We don't even know how strong Erigor is. He could very well be stronger then two s-classes and in your condition cas I don't think it is wise for you to go. I suggest we all go that way we are together and even if Kage is lieing we together can win. I don't want to see any of you hurt. Together we can be strong, together we won't get hurt and together we will win. If you want Cas I could cast cure on you." While he knew cas didn't appear to be physically hurt he knew she could be. Although it was more likely that she was just tired. He felt it was better to ask if she wanted a cure spell on her, even if she appeared not to need it physically. He woundered if there was a spell that could cure tiredness and emotional pain both of these could be useful if they were real. Prehaps he would ask Caliborn or somehow find out for himself.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  4. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Mission of the Utmost Importance:

Ander baner.png

Ander's pov:
    When Zephyr and Jack talked he sighed. Why must he be surrounded by people that said stupid things? First to take what Zephyr said. "You can not believe everything everyone said. One day it could vary well get people killed. Caution is key here. It vary well might bite us in the butt down the road. I do not doubt it could happen, but if it did. Erigor will do anything to kill the people at Clover. That includes hurting Kageyama." Then there was the whole Cassandra being to hurt to go. "You used to much of your energy to be much help you should rest." Then He moved onto what Jack had said, he never herd anything so stupid in his life. "Using cure on Cassandra will not help her. She used her magical energy. She is not physically hurt, but physically drained. Giving Cassandra energy would be more helpful then any cure could ever do. She just needs rest." Jack was a wizard he should be smarter then this. "Zephyr is right about one thing and that is flying two people to go after Erigor in your state is far to dangerous. We will need all the power we can use fighting Erigor."

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  5. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Caliborn used Wind Raid and Treasure Raid

"We can't let you take two people to fight Erigor. Like poeple have already said, it'll onl, get you killed and nobody else will die on my watch!" Alessia exclaimed. Thy had to catch up to him, but how? Erigor had a massive lead on them, so how could they catch up? They'd need something fast moving... "Wait, Quinn, you can use your magic! There was a form that you used that allowed you to fly! Two S-Classes... If you can take two then that makes six people to face Erigor with. That's more than enough." She stepped forwards.

"Whatever happens, I'm coming to face Erigor. I can protect you people with my Barrier Surged it'll help keep you all alive and I'm no weakling either. The others can catch up in some sort of vehicle, this will work. It has to. If we catch up to, and then stop Erigor, then this is over." She finished.

Vance meanwhile, listened to the cries of the upset girl in front of him. He could see that things were getting to her, that she was getting incredibly stressed. He could sense the heat, the magic getting out of control. He would have to do something, and quickly, to make sure that she didn't lose control. But what? What could he, a noble, do? If he were a child... What would he have wanted? Memories of his childhood came up, the stern coldness of his father and the distance that he forced. He looked down and frowned at the ground, mulling it over. That was it. Something simple, something that every child wanted. Something that he wished that his father would have done, somewhere, deep down inside.

Vance opened his arms and drew Thea into a hug.
    "We won't speak to Zephyros then. He won't come near you, okay Thea? I'll make sure he stays away." Vance said quietly. He hoped that this worked. A moment like this, one of weakness was a hole in his persona. An all too obvious gap that someone could try and use to undo him. It had to work. It would seem out of character to anyone outside, but only he knew the truth of himself. As he knelt there, embracing Thea he thought to himself. If he were to honour that contract, then he would never marry. Never have a child. Perhaps... Perhaps he wouldn't need to. She wasn't HIS child per say, but she was of the right descent, good blood... It could work. Nor did she have a family to go back to. He banished the thought. It was a fantasy, too fanciful. This was the real world. It wasn't a story. This only worked in stories. He would comfort the girl, try and make sure she didn't burn down the ship. Anything else... That was just emotional baggage and as he had been taught, it had to be disposed of. "And forget about the past, the fire. It doesn't matter right now. What matters is the present. Everything will be fine, for now."

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  6. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

"There's also such thing as being too cautious. He watched us beat down a fair part of his guild and did nothing to hinder us. Cassandra could still probably beat him in her weaken state, so i don't think he's dumb enough to try anything. But if you're still suspicious then we could have Cassandra check to see if there's a stab wound on his back." Zephyr didn't know what to think about Ander, from what went on on the train to now there hasn't really been much of anything to give a clear tell of what to think about him. Other than he didn't like Dark guilds, but that fairly common.

When Alessia had brought up that Quinn had a form that could fly, he nodded his head in agreement.
    "I volunteer to go as well. Unless there are any objections or Quinn can carry someone on his back, that gives us a default of six people to keep Erigor at bay while the others go to find a vehicle and back us up when they can."

Alisa used fire surge and blocked for Beucette.

7. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Skadi used Thunder on Minx or whichever was lower at the time of casting!

[​IMG]
    "Okay, so it's decided. Six go after Erigor, the rest find transportation and get there as soon as you can" Caleb said, totally stepping in for Quinn.

8. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Thea was shivering as she cried right up until Vance hugged her. She sat there for a moment awkward before she hugged her back. She was scared that the heat radiating off of her would hurt Vance but it didn't seem to. Thea hugged Vance tighter. It had been far too long since someone had hugged her. Far too long since she felt this level of care. Of course Evanora had been kind to her and such but she wasn't really around for her much and was always had to run off to do something else. This made Thea cry more, but it didn't make her magic any worse, in fact it started to cool itself slightly.

"I miss them. I miss my mommy and daddy. I want my life back. I want a proper family. Everyone here is nice but it is not the same. Why does this have to happen to me? I am not a bad person I swear. I just wanted to hurt the people who were trying to hurt mommy and daddy, not everyone. I didn't want to kill them. I want my life back. I just want my parents back." Thea said through sobs and cries as she continued to hold onto Vance, not willing to let him go just yet. His hug reminded her of her fathers hugs, and that was what brought the most comfort and hurt at the same time. It was not the words he was saying trying to comfort her. She knew that she couldn't forget the past but she wished she could move on. It was just too hard to do so on her own.

9. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Ander baner.png

Ander's pov:
    What was with Alessia and death recently? Had she seen someone die? Not quite remembering he thought everyone came back from that mission. So perhaps it was someone on the mission that she met? He did not hear anything about the mission. Now that he thought about it he was interested in knowing what happened on all the missions. Alessia did not want to talk about it or she would have brought it up at some point. When Alessia revealed that Quinn had some sort of form he had to say he was quite surprised. Not seeing Quinn use any sort of magic was why. What kind of magic did Quinn have? He could be helpful and only time would tell. "Six people are far more better odds. we do not know Erigor's power yet so we all should be careful." 'There's also such thing as being too cautious.' "No if you fought a powerful dark guild you would not being saying that. People die from dark guilds. I had seen what a powerful dark guild can do first hand Zephyr. Just because a few might fall does not mean that the guild will stop. It is not something to take likely. Are we any different? We will ever stop fighting just like them. There will always be a fight to fight. It will never end." He seemed sad at the mention of the dark guild. He sighed maybe it was time. "When you are facing down a powerful dark guild you can not let them trick you in believing. You must choose on your own." hum.. "Zephyr if you got the chance to meet Bryce I think you two would get along." Zephyr would never get that chance no one would. He looked down at the key around his neck. You never seem to answer anything, he thought. Question that need to be answered. Answers and how to get them. "If you want to believe Kageyama fine, but when it comes back do not be coming to me. In any case I think we wasted enough time we should get going after Erigor." There was not telling what Erigor would do after clover. He would not stop so he must be stopped.

10. al215 Kingdom Keeper

"I know little one, I know..." Vance's heart went out to the poor girl in front of him, so vulnerable yet out of control. At the very least, the flames were cooling down, which he was thankful of. It didn't seem to bother him, perhaps as a result of the Phoenix coat having some mild heat resistant properties. She seemed to cling on ever tightly as he held the child there. He had to figure out something, but what? What could he do? He almost cursed himself for getting into this, but then stopped. This is what he did, wasn't it? To some extent surely? Surely there could be no dishonour in helping a lost little girl, no shame? Thea seemed to have awakened some sort of parental instinct he didn't even know he had. The strangest things came out of this contest. First, some sort of genuine affection for someone, and now this. What was happening to him? Whatever it was, it wasnt helping because he was at wit's end trying to figure out what to say, or do.
    "I can't give you your mother, or your father back. But... But maybe, I can be there instead. For a while at least. If you would allow me of course." He offered, and immediately reprimanded himself mentally. What WAS he doing? He had just signed himself up for trouble, having said he'd look after this horribly traumatised girl. But of course, he just said it. It would only cause more of an issue to take it back. Thusly, he had to continue. He hugged Thea tighter, trying to comfort her more. He hoped this paid off.

11. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    As Gexln and co got to the area nearby the inn which for story purposes will remain unnamed, he suddenly stopped. He could smell something. It smelled of daddy issues and anger out the ass. He had found Dale's scent. "Hold up a second guys, I think I've found Dale's scent..just give me a minute to figure out where it's leading, it's been a while since I've done this" the dragon slayer explained.

12. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Thomas had sobered up slightly in the time it took to get there. He had sobered up enough to walk and not throw up, so that was an improvement. However he was still swaying as he stood and looked like he was staring into space half the time. When he heard Gexlns comment he looked very confused. "Wait.... I thought we were going after a dragon, not Dale. I understand how you can get the two confused but I want to fight a damn dragon before I fade not find a whiny little emo boy who thinks he is so cool." Thomas stated, not having any sort of filter on his mouth, just saying anything that came to his mind.

[​IMG]
    Thea sniffled. "Of course I would allow you." She said. Truth was that was what she wanted more than anything. Someone to want her. She had always felt like a burden with too much emotional baggage. People took her in to use her or because they pitied her, but for no other reason. The only other person she felt that wanted her since her parents died was Alastor, but not in the same way she felt Vance did. Alastor was her mentor and helped her through a lot, and this moment reminded her a lot of another one with Alastor, but after that moment things went back to how they were meant to be between them. He was more her teacher than anything else. That being said he was also her only friend in that guild and she often wondered where he was.

But this was different. The way Vance spoke and hugged her wasn't just to calm her down, wasn't just saying he would protect her from a real threat. He was just there for as much emotional support as anything. He allowed her to cry instead of taught her how to stop herself from crying. He just comforted her and protected her. The way he hugged her that feeling of affection and protection from the monster inside her felt a lot like how her father used to deal with her when she was upset. Then Thea thought about Vances words. She didn't totally understand what he was saying, so at risk of embarrassing herself she looked up at him and asked
    "Are you offering to be my new daddy?"

13. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Gexln's ears pricked up as Thomas spoke. He turned to look at the boy, curiousity welling up in him at his choice of words. "Fade? What do you- oh never mind, that can come later. I need to focus to find Dale's scent. If I can smell where he went, it should lead us to the dragon, make sense?" he asked. He sniffed the air once again, trying to catch the scent.

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

"How can you understand how he could get Dale confused for a dragon?" Veilen questioned, realizing that Thomas could very well still be drunk and thus explaining his 'logic' of how a human ice mage and, generically speaking, a fire breathing dragon could be anything alike. That aside it was odd that Gexln was picking up Dale's scent in the first place. Did he go on ahead of them when he left the guild hall? That was the only thing that Veilen could think of that would both make sense and explain why he was there.

[​IMG]

Not surprisingly Ander was still being a bit to cautious regarding Kageyama, he even brought up how he's seen what a Dark Guild can do first hand. The fact that he had seen what a Dark Guild could do up close wasn't surprising, it didn't change how he wasn't the only one who has. "Your not the only one who's seen a powerful dark guild in action. I've seen ones with less numbers than them do significantly more damage and harm." He didn't want to go into further detail about this, however there was one more thing that he felt like saying. "Cut the snake's head and the body will die. We take down Erigor and the rest of the guild will follow. Even if there are a few that don't they won't be able to do much to us on their own." Call it overconfidence if you wanted to, but there was definitely a certainty behind Zephyr's words. Ander mentioned some guy named Bryce, which Zephyr just shrugged at his comment. "We won't know until I actually meet the guy."

15. al215 Kingdom Keeper

The question shocked him to his core. It was such a simple question. It was a simple answer too. Yes, or no. But that did not make it easy. Eveythint he had been taught in his life came back to him. Words that his father had ingrained. There wasn't much to gain from this, objectively speaking. Worse, there was only things to lose. But equally, he remembered being told that not all rewards are physical or obvious. How could he accept this? He hadn't been taught how to be a father, not the kind that she wanted. All he knew was politics and ruthlessness, that was no way to bring up a child even he knew that - He lived that himself. Vance was no fool, even if he was confident and unyielding he was not blind to opinions. People would not think highly of him, he was certain. There were better, more suitable people to caring for a lost little girl.

And yet, on the verge of saying no, he stopped himself. There was an instinct. The same one that drove him to hug the crying girl in front of him. The same instinct that drove him to try and look after her in the first place. There were memories, feelings that he had long since cast aside but never truly forgotten. How, for just once, he would have liked a hug, praise, something genuine and affectionate that wasn't lectures or political double talk. And then he thought back to Neasa, how he was quick to defend Thea's honour. Even if there was self interest to be had in it, he had no reason to say more than deny it. Another thought struck him. He hadn't been taught how to be a godson parent? Was anybody? Of course they weren't. His father only had lessons but no affection and he knew that he forced his mother to be the same, even if she quietly let that mask slip. And then, it all made sense.

He didn't need to be taught, he just had to do what he thought was right. And in a way, his father gave one last invaluable lesson. Vance realised what he was missing, what his mother did for him and knew that was the way. The political machine in his head turned and spun, piecing together connections. With him as the adoptive father of the lost girl, then what family she had would be appreciative and maybe there was tangible benefit there. Then there was the contract. So what if he didn't marry? He'd have a child. Not by blood, but perhaps in spirit and in law. She was noble. She could be everything that he would want of a daughter. In many ways, she was already there. Leaning back and putting his hands on her shoulders, sitting on one knee, Vance looked into Thea's eyes with a smile, his gaze lacking the cynical intensity replaced with warmth instead.
    "Yes. If you wish Thea Strive, then I, Vance Dorian will be your new father."

16. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "And they all lived happily ever after, at least until Aelin decided her character was too happy and then threw her into a literal shithole so that she had more drama. But that's another story" Hunter said, closing the book with one hand while he gave his son a pat on the head. Of course the kid wasn't actually his, indicated by him screaming for his mother, but that didn't matter. If the story that had just been read was anything to go by, simply saying a kid was yours meant they were yours.

With a slight yawn, Hunter flipped the book around and looked at the title of the book in his hands. He was shocked that Gwen had had this one in her bookshelf. 'A history of Pedophilia' didn't seem like the kind of thing she would be into, maybe it was Beuce's or...oh god it was Karina's. He had Karina's book. Screaming, Hunter hurled the book into the fireplace and watched it burn.

17. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Ander baner.png

Ander's pov:
    Zephyr said that he faced a dark guild. One would think that facing a dark guild would make him more carful when facing a dark guild. People have strange ways of dealing with things. HE would thing that Zephyr would be more capful with Kage. If there was anything that he learned in his time living it was this nothing was what it first appeared. Then Zephyr said something about cutting off a head of a snake. "It not that simple. If only it was. Nothing ever is." Thinking back to the dark guild he fought, stopping the person in change would not change a thing. In fact he had no clue on to go about finding the dark guild. As soon as they arrived they were gone just as fast. He did not even know the name of the guild just the guild symbol. Besides he was not one to go hunt someone down. "Not everything is what is first appears." Then there was Bryce. 'We won't know until I actually meet the guy' "You will never know. If there is one thing that is for certain it is that you will never meet." Ander now seemed sad now.

18. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Thea's mouth gaped before turning into a smile. Fresh tears filled her eyes, these were not tears of sadness however, they were tears of relief and of joy. The child had no words to say to Vance, what could she say? Finally the worry would be over. So far she had lived off of the charity of guilds. First Ezekiel who trained her to fight and that was how she earned her keep there. Then Sapphire Eclipse. She lived off of their pity. However every time she messed up, every time her powers exploded, every time someone got hurt or kill because of her, she feared that they would leave her. No one wants a child around who could get them in trouble, destroy things, hurt them. That thought however reminded her of another thing. She finally found the words to speak to Vance once more. He seemed to know what she did to her parents out of his own logic but she still needed to check.

"Are you sure you want me? I mean I hurt people and can't help it." She said quietly. "But I promise you that I won't let happen to you what happened to my parents. They were being attacked and I got scared and wanted to help, but I am sure that won't happen again, right." She said slightly hopeful that made the difference. However either way Vance seemed to have made up his mind. Thea wiped the tears from her eyes. "I would like that very much Sir, if you are willing to have me with all my faults and my struggles with magic, I will take you as my new father. Thank you so much." Thea said hugging him again, this time for a much shorter time. Thea seemed to have a shine in her eyes that she had lost a long time ago. She also wore not a hug smile but a tired, warm and sweet smile. The day had been so long for her and she had been through so many emotions it was hard not to be tired. But she was happy, more happy than she had been in a long time. Finally she would start to get her life back on track. Finally she could just be a normal child of a noble not some lost girl, going from place to place searching for help and terrified people would turn her away because of her problems with magic. Now she was actually wanted by someone. She couldn't wait to tell Skadi about this. And how she wished that Alastor was here to see this, see her joy and meet her new father. The man who had been her mentor and the closest thing to a father she had for a long time meeting her new father, wouldn't that be great.

19. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

20. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

Mizuki used Blitz.

Peter attempted to figure out what the hell he should do with Rennette... but failed! D:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.