I'm surprised at the movies I want to buy

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Iskandar, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

For the longest time I never wanted to buy any movies, but ever since about 3 years ago or so, I've been interested in buying all the movies that I've liked. Now I've got a collection forming myself with Taken, The Mummy films, Live Free Die Hard, Fast and Furious Collection, Pokemon films, DBZ films, Prince Caspian, Eragon, Stealth, White House Down, Titan A.E., and I'm going to buy Jurassic World too. Now that I've seen The Martian as well, I kind of want to buy it as well. If nothing else, it means that people are doing good with recent films, because I would never buy a movie before unless it was either under $5 or I had a Barnes & Nobles gift card

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I've been wanting to start collecting the Fast and Furious films so I can start working on my GI Joe/Transformers/FastandFurious crossover script.

Is White House Down any good?

3. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Why? I get the rest of the titles you listed but I'm not sure why this one is here. Even if I loved Durza and Galbatorix's performances, there was just so much other stuff that was just...maddeningly stupid about it. Like the dragon growing up in like .25 seconds. With seemingly no explanation given.

4. Misty gimme kiss

They ****ed the ending too I think? It's been a long time since I saw the movie or read the books, but I remember them ending the movie in a way that would make a second movie difficult. I don't think the first film did well enough to warrant an Eldest film tho
    The Fast & Furious films are the ****ing bomb. Still haven't seen 7, I'm not ready for the emotions

5. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I honestly do not remember how they ended the movie. I've only seen it like...twice. And each time it was ' Goddamn is that Garret Hedlund? It is Garret Hedlund. He really grew up for Legacy.'

And I've been meaning to watch at least the 6th Fast and Furious movie because my Luke Evans thirst is still so very strong. Still not up to watching No One Lives though.

6. Arch Mana Knight

The movie was fun. Honestly what I hated most was Arya's casting choice. Looked too old and given how many times her hair color was mentioned in the books...I would have hoped they would get that much right. The video game based off the movie on the other hand was actually pretty damn good and sported this great piece of music:

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Because I liked it growing up. It may not be great and people may hate it, but it's still one of the better dragon films I've seen, and I've seen a fair few.

Unlike Space Jam where if I say I enjoy it now it's because I grew up with it and won't grow out of that lovable film, even though when I watch it now I can't help but criticize it on some of it's points, like those strange scenes with the four basketball players.

8. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I've also been building up a collection of films as of late! I intend to add Jurassic World to it once it is out.

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

My collection of films are superhero based. Either actual adaptations or films I perceive to fit a "hero" genre. Recently added the Christopher Reeves Superman films and Burtonverse Batman films to it.

10. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I can respect that. I did rather enjoy Saphira's design, even if she had what looked like feathered wings as opposed to the leathery skin in the books. And she was insufferably adorable when she was a hatchling. It was just the little things that added up to not make me like it. But I can respect the nostalgia factor.

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

You know what was a ****** movie? Dragon War

12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I remember that film. You know, if you're going to call something "Dragon War", put in a dragon for more than the last 4 minutes of the film.

13. Laurence_Fox Chaser

If we're thinking of the same movie, the entire plot of the movie was for the big snake things to become a dragon with the Living Macguffin though. I don't think Imoogi Wars sounds as catchy.

But then again, it's shown on SyFy so I'm not going to spend too much time defending it. Overall not a bad weekend afternoon movie to watch when you're bored af.

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Yes, I know of the plot of the film, I've seen it twice, once on Syfy, the other because my dad rented it. I still stand by my statement that they should put more than 4 minutes worth of dragon in a film with that title. Not too mention the horrible plot

15. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I remember that movie. I was excited to see it when I heard it was made by the same people who made the Host (a Korean monster film, check it out. It's good.) but then I saw it and was sad...

16. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I've seen the Host. I liked it.

D-War was just...horrible storytelling.