IGN reports that FF XV is "55% complete"

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Noise, Sep 22, 2014.

1. A Zebra Chaser

because they're very obtuse

2. C This silence is mine

Finishing more than half of a game with such a grand scale (seemingly) in just two years, is an amazing feat. Tabata and his team has made an amazing turn around. Square does have some talented and quick working teams, like Yoshi-P and his team from A Realm Reborn. It's about time that they trim some of the old fat though, some of the senior members seem unable to release a game.

3. Noise For Love and Justice

That's actually a good point and I should look more at the positives.

I just do not understand why it is taking so long. I get that the switch from one gen to the next would take time...but we got three XIII games in between its announcement and now. I just want to know why more time and effort wasn't put to speed up development. I wonder/hope there is an interesting story...

4. Patman Bof

I remember Nomura said in an interview about DDD that he thinks in visual terms, not in gameplay terms. He' s a designer, not a programmer. If I had to take a guess I' d say this time around his team failed to incorporate his visual ideas into a functional gameplay. Teleportation for instance. Sure, it looks cool, but gameplay-wise teleportation for the sake of teleportation is ... utterly useless ? Reminds me of Raiden whatever, the game that got canned because being able to cut literally everything to pieces with your sword, including your way to the exit, looks super cool but doesn' t exactly lead to a functional gameplay.

I guess it' s harder to fill in the blanks when you don' t even know what the **** it is you want at all. *cough* Hofstadter' s law *cough*