I just snapped

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Iskandar, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

So I just spent 2 hours helping my younger brother, who is 12, in 7th grade, fix his paper, which is a single paragraph, so not even a paper, because I just hurt to see the bad writing (I'm talking about 3rd to 4th grade writing, and my parents agree. He needs a lot of work), and my mom thanks me.......then she mentions he has 3 other papers he has been working on.
    I ask "been? how long is been?"
    she goes "for a while"
    I stutter a bit and ask "What's a while?"
    she looks down and covers her face saying "since the beginning of the school year"

At that point my mind snapped, I kept in all of my seething anger like a volcano, walked around like I was just fine, grabbed a pillow off my mom's bed, and screamed into it at the top of my lungs, "3 PAPERS SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE SCHOOL YEAR, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!?" Then I just calmly walked away saying goodnight and going to my room, with my brother trying to follow and talk to me, and I just tell him "go away, I don't know you" in a calm voice like I'm perfectly fine.

.........I still want to find a few bricks and smash them to bits in my anger. I try to be nice and I find out that it just leads to more pain..............help me KHV, I'm not sure how much more of my life I can afford to be shortened

2. cstar stay away from my waifu

um, wouldn't those papers be like... unable to be turned in by now? Usually at this point term turnovers have happened so... I wouldn't stress out about it?

3. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Years ago, my sister was trying to e-mail something to one of the teachers at the high school we went to. Before she sent it off, she wanted my mom to read it. It turns out she had to write the message all over again because it was an assignment and wrote it using text talk. It turns out that she's been doing this in all of her classes that year.

Thank God she was good at sports.

4. burnitup Still the Best 1973

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Doesn't work that way when you're homeschooled

6. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Make him read. Make him read all the things.

People who read a lot tend to be better writers.

7. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Um. Anger is not the right reaction here. And to respond to your brother directly so coldly over schoolwork is frankly horrific. Maybe he has an undiagnosed learning disability. Maybe writing isn't his forte and he's more of a math/science type. You make it sound like he's being a little jerk about this, deliberately avoiding assignments purely to upset you and your mother. I mean, maybe he is, but from the information you gave it sounds like he's genuinely struggling. Be supportive.

8. Laurence_Fox Chaser

/Shudders

A friend I used to talk to a lot used to be some sort of teacher in a GED program. And he told me horror stories of essays on tests being written in text talk and homework assignments being written in the same. Term papers using the word lol.

It was Nightmare Fuel.