I just finished the Quintessential Phase of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by KeybladeSpirit, Oct 27, 2014.

1. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Holy Zarquon that was amazing. I'm almost tempted to drop the books because I honestly can't believe that there could be a better ending to such an amazing story.

Also, is it bad that I honestly think Random is a rather pretty name for a girl?

2. Spike H E R O

I should take those books for a second read sometime; I always felt like Adams really understands the way I think.

3. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

You really ought to listen to the radio play too. The first two books were (mostly) adapted from the Primary and Secondary Phases and the Tertiary, Quandary, and Quintessential Phases adapt the next two books while adding a lot of new content. In my opinion, the ending in the radio play is much better than that of the books

I totally agree on that second point. Douglas Adams is the sort of author that I'd love to call on the phone and talk to about nothing in particular. I love how his writing constantly goes on tangents but always comes back to the something that's relevant to the story.

On a side note, Ford Prefect is exactly the kind of jackass that I need in my life.