I Feel Like I'm Cheating

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by A Zebra, Apr 17, 2014.

1. A Zebra Chaser

So FFX-2 HD has a new dresspshere, and I figured I'd give it a try since you get it automatically and early on.
    I'm just nearing the end of Chapter 1 and now I can cast Ultima for 24 MP (out of my something like 160 MP) and deal 9999 damage, trivializing EVERYTHING
    What were they thinking, putting something like this so early in the game?
    (X-2 is a really fun, underrated game, BTW)

2. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

God damn, I thought this thread was going to be about prostitutes.

3. A Zebra Chaser

Some would argue that's what X-2 is about

4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Is it actually worth playing? I have it but I've heard a ton of negative things about it.

I mean I do love prosti *shot*

5. A Zebra Chaser

Plot is fairly weak, though if you're a fan of Kingdom Hearts you're probably able to sift through the bad to find the legitimately interesting stuff. It REALLY expands on the world of X.
    Gameplay is a tonne of fun though, one of my favourites, I like it a fair bit more than FFX's. Imagine a cross between the FF13 and FF5 battle systems
    Something that's REALLY cool about it though is the structure. The game it split into five chapters, and almost EVERYTHING in the game is optional, and has multiple outcomes, plus affects the plot later down the line
    But yeah, easily the hardest barrier to entry into this game is the intro, even the relatively weak plot picks up as the game goes on

6. Mixt The dude that does the thing

My main problem with FFX-2 is that I'm a completionist and that makes me overleveled excessively quickly. As In I don't think I've ever started chapter 2 and not had every difficulty rating be 1 star. However I'm not sure if I've ever made it to chapter 3 (certainly nevver finished it), so I can't really talk that much.

7. A Zebra Chaser

I completed it 99% on the PS2, and certain bosses really ramp up the difficulty later on. All optional, and the final boss becomes a joke, but there is difficulty to be found

8. Patman Bof

A few monsters/places like Via Infinito aside, this game is a cakewalk anyway. Besides, once you' ve mastered that garment you' ll switch to the others right ? Well, unless you want to waste your time, there are much quicker ways to grind than spaming ultimas.

Lol. ^^''
    I did finish the game 100% and master every job, by that would be the game' s own specific definition of what 100% means. I didn' t actually collect everything nor bothered acing every mini game. Just ... No. ****ing. Way. And I' m talking about the normal version.

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I know. But across multiple attempts to play it I can't make it work. If I try to do everything it just becomes a chore to do anything. If I let myself skip stuff it just annoys me too much. Either way it sucks the fun out of the game for me. Maybe next time I play I should just resort to fleeing from battles like crazy. I hate doing that too, but not as much as blowing off sidequests.

10. Jube Formerly Chuck's

Sounds like some VIII syndrome but maybe not as bad.

And I'll say X-2 has the best use of ATB in any damn Final Fantasy game, it's got a piss poor plot but it's still and oh so fun game.
    Except that coin mini-game
    **** that

11. A Zebra Chaser

It is a lot like FFVIII in a lot of ways, besides structure. Awful plot, if you actually do the side quests you become WAY too over powered, and the card game and coin game are both terrible... though I'd take Sphere Break over the card game any day (Spreading the standard rules across the planet was the ONLY thing I didn't do in my 100% run)

12. Jube Formerly Chuck's

TIME OUT MOTHER****ER
    WE TAKE A DAY OFF
    THERE IS DAMN WELL NOTHING WRONG WITH TRIPLE TRIAD
    TRIPLE TRIAD IS THE DAMN BEST MINI GAME IN ANY ****ING FINAL FANTASY GAME EVER

13. A Zebra Chaser

As long as you play by standard rules
    Are you not familiar with the misery that is Random?