How does this work?

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Iskandar, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

You have Justice League Flashpoint Paradox and War, both of which are the beginning of the new DC Animated Universe. I like the films, but how the heck do they tie in to each other? I know everyone says that the whole point of the ending of Flashpoint Paradox is that the timeline changed, but if he stopped himself in the first place, wouldn't that just put the universe back to the way it was before? And then there's the tie-in with War, with the ending credits scene. Heck, there's just the costumes in War. Or the order of the final scenes in Flashpoint.

You have the Final Scene with Flash and Batman in Paradox

Then you supposedly have the JL: War film that comes before the Flash and Batman scene

Then you have a post-credits scene in Flashpoint that is supposed to lead into War, that comes before the scene with Flash and Batman.

I need a chart to figure this out. Or was the ending of Flashpoint Paradox just their way of saying "Hey, we have a new universe, and this is our way of showing there's more than one"? This detail just bugs me to no end, and all I want is to figure out how these movies relate to each other.

2. 61 No. B

welcome to not-crisis

but the answer is it doesn't matter because they suck

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

i actually personally enjoy the animated DC films. Well, Son of Batman wasn't my favorite, but a majority of the animated films I enjoy, like JL: Doom, Crises on Two Earths, Flashpoint Paradox, and JL VS TT. I can't really stand a majority of the live-action films, but I think they do alright otherwise

4. 61 No. B

dark knight returns and superman vs the elite are good everything else in that line ranges from okay to one of the worst things ive ever seen

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I actually didn't really enjoy Superman Vs The Elite. I forgot about it, but looking at the images, I remember not being a fan, if not just because of the art style.

6. 61 No. B

that doesn't surprise me

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

just what is that supposed to mean?

8. 61 No. B

it looks cartoony

9. Hayabusa Venomous

Superman VS The Elite is so good regardless of how I'm not much a fan of the art style, though I still prefer its style to that from The Flashpoint Paradox.

Oh on topic, I doubt any of the animated series are actually supposed to be connected in a continuity the same way the Marvel Cinematic Universe and DC Cinematic Universe are.

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Well that was the whole point with JL War, since it's the beginning of the whole DC Animated move universe. War, Son of Batman, Throne of Atlantis, Batman Vs Robin, Bad Blood, and JL vs TT are all in the same universe, in that order too. Dc is releasing 2 films in the continuity with one film outside of it every year, so they claim.

Also, how the heck do you like Superman VS The Elite's style over Flashpoint Paradox?

11. 61 No. B

the story attempts to prove why superman's methods are not only valid but still relevant as a model for the modern age, so its colorful art thats not trying to be hyper serious cool awesome like the new movies works well. its also not trying to emmulate an art style like all-star superman was that just looked terrible. its a style thats unique to itself. my only complaint about the movie is that its not wholly appropriate for kids, and thats a movie that kids should see

12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Whether or not it's trying to emulate another style doesn't change the fact that it looks good. The newer versions look better because they have better colors, and they have exaggerated features, but only in needed areas, like muscles, but it's not so exaggerated that it's ridiculous. Though the lip thing on batman at the end has always bugged me. We don't need kissy-fish lips on our characters. A single line does the job enough

13. Hayabusa Venomous

I'll take this:

[​IMG]

Over this:

[​IMG]

Aside from Green Lantern and Flash, I dislike the other designs. Batman and Aquaman and Cyborg look stupid to me with how tiny their heads are compared to their torsos and arms,
    Wonder Woman's face is too jaunt for me, and Superman in my opinion shouldn't be that lean compared to the other heroes.

I'll take cartoony and bright and animated over what feels like a throw-back to the overly-muscular trope of many 1990's comics.

14. 61 No. B

it should be stated that superman in that first picture is more muscular than the one that you claim is too muscular. i think what's actually going on in the second picture is, rather than a throwback to "90s" muscles, is that this is another instance of dc post-flashpoint feeling the need to be adult and #edgy and super dark cool comics are serious business no fun allowed.

also
    vs the elite was a great superman story that displayed what that character is all about.
    war and everything that followed with superman in it has a superman that literally just wants to hit things and is a moral compass for no one.

however these movies are entirely inconsequential and super easy to ignore. i just dont like that a line of movies that was at times good got hijacked by new 52 stuff for a "continuity". ****ing please. like we need one of those. just put out good movies. also they **** all over morrison with those.