Novel House of Hades

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Hyuge ✧, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Has anyone else read it yet, because I feel utterly alone in the world. The book was so great and [spoilers] [spoilers] [spoilers] I really want my Leo baby to find his love again and Nico needs happiness. The poor dear just needs to find a place to belong in the world. Auuuugh, all that hardship.

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm not reading spoilers, I'm not reading spoilers, I'm not reading spoilers, I'm not reading spoilers, etc.

I actually thought of buying it a little while ago, but then I figured I might as well wait to have something to ask for for Christmas. Otherwise I've got nothing to ask for. I actually can't believe that we're already to the 4th book though, this series is going by fast. I mean, it's the same time as the last set, but this one just seems to get so much done so far.

3. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

They get more done because they are twice the size of the last series. Augh. You haven't read it and it's just augh. This book is by far the most deep of them all so far. Things look really bleak and get really positive and it's a whirlwind of emotion.

4. Ghost King's Apprentice

There are so many reasons that you would love this book.

1. They finally cleared up the thing with Nico. I never would have guessed that he actually liked Percy. Also I give Jason MEGA friendship points for being cool about it and accepting Nico the way it was, It was so touching.

2. Leo finally found someone for him and I couldn't help but smilling the whole time I was reading about him on Calypso's island. I'm not sure how he's gonna get back to her. Though I hope after they save Camp Half Blood anthey'll grant him one wish and he'll ask to be with Calypso.

You don't know how long I wanted to talk about this book with someone!

5. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Yes, yes, 1000x yes!! I have faith in the babu. Leo is very determined and when he sets his mind to something, he can accomplish anything.

Plus, I think this was the plan all along for Calypso's freedom. The gods didn't actually neglect her, it was just taking some time to get around to her. Even if she was set free immediately after Percy requested her freedom after the Battle of Manhattan, she wouldn't have been happy. Calypso would have felt like an outsider and wouldn't have found a place where she belonged. She just needed to wait a bit more for a hero that wasn't already taken to come along and find her. As soon as they started mentioning her and then it got to the part where Leo landed on an island I just knew it and was like "Finally! My baby will have somebody to love that will also love him back!! Praise the lords." I'm so happy and sad for him at the same time.

As for Nico, I too am glad they finally divulged that deep dark secret of his. I feel so bad for him, but now that he has finally gotten it out in the open and hopefully accepted himself, he can start to find someone else that accepts him as well. He has it so rough. He was really dealt the short end of the stick in so many ways. I just want everyone to be happy and omg the pairings.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Typing this with my eyes closed so I don't see the spoilers, but this is why I need to not keep going to these spots. I get way too close to reading the spoilers for the things I really don't want to know any spoilers about.....And this is actually really tricky to do since I have a rough time typing even with my eyes open. But from the sound of it, Leo has a high role to play in this book.

7. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

That he does. Nico probably has one of the most important roles for being the only one not included in the prophecy, but Leo really discovers himself in this volume.

8. Ghost King's Apprentice

Not only did Leo find himself but he changed Calypso and got her out of her comfort zone. I don't even know how to describe how perfect they are for each other.
    Also when other people who read the Mark of Athena said someone was going to die in house of Hades because there are too many for the prophecy, I was like no body better die. But no one did so I was al like YAAY~!

9. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Can't argue with that, loved that book by the way, though I have to wonder,

The oath to keep with a final breath, do you think Leo's promise to return to Calypso will be that oath, or will it be one of the oaths that Percy made to Annabeth, or Frank made to Hazel, or Jason made to Piper? Also, to storm or fire the world must fall, for the fire part of that, do you think its talking about Frank or Leo? My moneys on Frank, since that would fit into the oath to keep with a final breath, as well as what Thanos said about Frank dying while holding the stick

10. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

This book is just too amazing for words. Rereading it tonight, seriously. And DAMN everyone goes through such growth this time around. Well, there's growth in all of the books, but in this one especially, whether literal or metaphorical.

Also, Hyuge, where did you get the art for your sig/avatar? It's beautiful.

11. Ghost King's Apprentice

I agree. A lot more seemed to happen in this one compared to the others. And seems like this is the big build up for the next and last book in the series.

Actually now that you mentioned rereading House of Hades I think I'm gonna read the whole series, including the first one, over again. Just so I can make it until next October.

12. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Heck, even Coach Hedge gets character development beyond his usual smacking things and shouting "DIE". And a lot did happen. There wasn't as much "flying around doing nothing" in this one. Lots of "flying around being attacked" though.

13. Shuhbooty moon child

Wow, I came into this threat not expeting so much throw of spoils. >33
    fac
    This is actually on my 2014 reading list. I got it off a site for YA must reads, along with the fact that I've never read Percy Jackson (which is also on my list) I threw it in. The review itself got me excited for the book. Now I'm dying.

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Fun fact: read the first 5 books in the percy jackson series, then read the other books in the Heros of Olympus saga. That way you get the full story of what's going on.....Or you could just wait about 20 years till we get the film, then you can watch it instead and not have to complain and relate it to the book

But yes, the book is a complete epicness of a read. It took me a wihle to get to it, but when I did, I read it every night before going to bed, even staying up later than needed when I had school the next day. It certainly gives a nice view point on all the characters. But that's all I'm saying so I don't spoil anything

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Thisss. You don't HAVE to read Percy Jackson & The Olympians to understand the plot of Heroes of Olympus, but it certainly makes things funnier/sadder/cooler and overall richer and better.

But AGHH House of Hades was perfect. So much amazing character development for everyone inside AND outside of the Seven. So many callbacks. I don't know what I'll do with myself after I read Blood of Olympus.

phoebus O___O.jpg

16. Shuhbooty moon child

Sorry, I sail that ship. I must read everything before I watch the movie. I'm usually the cool kid who reads before it gets super famous, and shet. But I had to take a leave of absence.
    More then liky I should prolly read that series first. I had being left in the dark. xD

17. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Okay, yes, if we're going to be completely and utterly technical about it: you don't have to read Percy Jackson to understand Heroes of Olympus, but it does provide background, as well as understanding characters. After all, you wouldn't know who half of the cast in Heroes of Olympus were if you didn't read the first 5 books, and looking it up online doesn't do any justice.

18. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

A lot of what happens in the Heroes of Olympus series will be insanely difficult to understand without reading Percy Jackson though. What, Circe's Island? Who's this Grover guy and why is he hanging out with Rachel? Why was Percy upset when Hagno mentioned seeing Pan again? Who is Calypso and how is she connected to Percy and what is this thing that she can't leave the island?