Here's why I think that Roxas doesn't have Ventus hearts

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by DanceWaterDance, Feb 21, 2014.

1. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Well, we know that keyblade form depends on your heartt, right? But Roxas have Sora's keyblade, not Ven's. if he has Ven's hearts he would have Ven's keyblade right?

2. Arch Mana Knight

The flaw in your argument is that Roxas does not have Sora's heart yet he still has the Kingdom Key(initially) anyways. Roxas is connected to Ven through Sora and that's why he looks like Ven. Plus Nobodies are known to grow hearts of their own so Roxas doesn't need to have Ven's heart...and I don't think it was ever confirmed that Roxas did or did not have Ven's heart.

3. Jin うごかないで

I'm sure at this point that, Sora doesn't have his own keyblade. One is the original key that was given to Riku by terra but the ABILITY to weild it didn't come till the darkness began to manifest into Destiny islands. Now for the most part we know that Riku was supposed to have the keyblade but it went down the list to Sora. Who had a strong heart to begin with. This keyblade stayed with Sora until Xion was made, Whereas Ventus' keyblade went to Roxas when he was born. This would explain why when Roxas finaly Rejoins with Sora the new clothes allow Sora to use drive to Weild two keyblades. Again like always this is a theory so please feel free to point out any flaws in my theory.

4. Arch Mana Knight

KH2 states that drive forms borrow power from someone else in the party(Donald or Goofy) which is how Sora is able to use two keyblades. There's a bit of a plot hole in that the first scene we see of Sora using it, neither Donald or Goofy disappear despite that happening for the rest of the game.

...Roxas is the only person so far to use two keyblades without borrowing power from someone else. Since Xion was created pretty early in his life, I think Roxas always had the power to dual wield but because of Xion stealing his powers, couldn't until she was gone. That probably has to do with the fact that Ven's heart resides in Sora and while Sora was out sleeping, both keyblades were up for grabs by Roxas(and of course changed form to reflect Roxas's ties with Sora and whatnot).

5. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

I thought it was confirmed that Roxas had Ventus's heart throughout Days? "It is thought that it could be Ventus's heart... he has taken a lot of himself from Ventus. But perhaps when Sora and Roxas were separated, Ventus's heart stayed in Roxas?" Sure this maybe a question but come on now.

6. A Zebra Chaser

This is... untrue. Sora doesn't gain a second keyblade because of Donald or Goofy (or the alternative third party member) their power is used to unlock the cloth's potential. The cloths basically act as an amp, giving Sora powers he doesn't have the skill you access normally. Nomura has confirmed in an interview that Sora has the ability to use a second keyblade because of Ventus' heart.

In fact, everyone should just read this:
    http://kh-info-block.tumblr.com/post/18431930471/nomura-interviews-20-mysteries-of-the-series

And you need to remember that there is no 'true' keyblade. Keychains are what gives a keyblade definition. Starseeker isn't Mickey's keyblade. Really it seems that keyblades are formed by memories, so since Roxas is full of Sora's memories (and Xion as well) it makes sense that their keyblades would represent Sora's

7. Antidote Façade

I think it's just that Ventus' heart residing within Sora (which is why Roxas looks like Ventus) allowed Roxas to just inherited a lot of Ven's personality/spirit along with his looks. I think Sora has always been the main vessel for Ven's heart.

8. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

That question I had in my previous post was from the KHBBS Ultimania. Why would they ask a question like that if it wasn't true or just suggest a thought like that?

9. Antidote Façade

Oh... Sorry then. I've never actually bothered to look into any of the Ultimanias, and I thought you were just stating an opinion and I was giving mines. :X

10. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Of course Roxas doesn't have Ventus heart. He's a nobody. He just took the form of Roxas.

11. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

No it's my bad I was the one who didn't say where that quote came from.
    I'm pretty sure Roxas has a heart though. I mean:
    • The Ultimanias posed the question I had in the previous post.
    • Roxas was one of the first Nobodies with genuine emotions.
    • When Sora was restored after being a Heartless, Roxas did not disappear because he was his own "complete" (he basically had a heart) person.
    • His appearance alone.
    • Roxas was capable of using the 2nd keyblade because after Xion's death he was able to unlock Ventus's heart.
    • How did Sora become a Heartless if he still had Ventus's heart?
    • The link to that interview:http://www.khinsider.com/news/BBS-Ultimania-20-Mysteries-Solved-2546 (the same one has hatok's)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  12. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Roxas was one of the first Nobodies with genuine emotions.

I don't think that matters.

When Sora was restored after being a Heartless, Roxas did not disappear because he was his own "complete" (he basically had a heart) person.
    I don't think there is a rule that if you come back from being a heartless your nobody disappears. Just look at Master Xehanort with Ansem and Xemnas. We all know Xemnas doesn't have a heart.

His appearance alone.
    Don't think that matters either

Roxas was capable of using the 2nd keyblade because after Xion's death he was able to unlock Ventus's heart.
    That's just because of connections. Past life stuff. Like Xion. She didn't have a heart. She was only able to use the keyblade because of connection to soras memories, not because she had or had no heart.

How did Sora become a Heartless if he still had Ventus's heart?
    Sora didn't have 2 hearts. That was just a CONNECTION he had with Ventus. VENTUS has a part/piece of Soras heart to make it whole but that is still 1 heart.

I don't even know who answered the questions. It sounded like there was no answer to the question and that it could be either or with the same out come.

13. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

• Buddy, in KH3D Xemnas and Ansem are there because of YX's time travel abilities which means they are all from different times. Master Xehanort was reformed because the Ansem and Xemnas in the main timelime were destroyed. So it makes sense. Plus, it would make sense that Roxas would have disappeared since he is SORA'S BODY. So when Kairi restored him to his original self (body included) Roxas should have disappeared.
    • I never said Xion had a heart though. Let me put it this way. As a result of Xion's death, Roxas was able to unlock Ventus's heart and wield the second keyblade.
    • As for the Ventus heart thing, that was at the beginning of BBS. After Ventus defeats Vanitas they become whole again and reside within Sora.
    • His appearance is a result of Ventus's heart residing in him.

14. A Zebra Chaser

You say this like Nobodies don't have hearts. Beyond that, Roxas is clearly a pretty special exception to typical Nobody rules

-Showing genuine emotions could just be an indicator of him being the first to grow a replacement.
    -Sora WASN'T fully restored by Kairi. That's the whole point of Roxas rejoining. Sora in KH1 is basically still just a heart, I'd assume this works on the same principle
    as Ansem SoD, who was also just a heart, but was able to take a form using external power.
    -This could have more to do with memories or something, we've already seen the Heartless and Nobody appearances are nebulous. His heartless looks like Xehanort, while his Nobody looks like a mix of Xheanort and Terra.
    -How did Sora become a heartless despite having a heart? A heartless IS a heart :P

There are no rules that cover recovery from being a heartless, but that's because it's supposed to be impossible. A person is supposed to recover from being a heartless by having their Nobody and Heartless destroyed. Sora is the only exception to the rule, and PoH magic hasn't been properly covered to tell us why.

The appearance is PRETTY important. Have a look at Xemnas and Ansem. Xemnas, being Terra's body, takes on an appearance more similar to Terra, while his heart is an exact copy of Xehanort. The fact that a heart takes on the exact appearance of their body is in itself interesting.

It's explicitly stated that the second keyblade comes from Ventus' heart. Now Xion. First of all, Repliku had a heart, so it's distinctly possible that Xion did as well. But anyways, as Riku said, her keyblade was a fake. This might have changed as she started absorbing more of Roxas' power, however.

Technically Sora has about 1.75 hearts. His own, the half of Ventus' that was left after Vanitas was purged, and a portion of Kairi's, since her heart was inside him when he created their Nobodies. But yeah, Ventus' heart has taken direct shelter inside Sora.

15. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

don't "buddy" me.
    lol because they don't? There would be a big plot hole if some nobodies did have hearts. Special Nobodies like roxas and the Org are created from there former selves having strong hearts. but really if you throw the word "exception" in the KH universe then anything can go. Which is why I stick to the basics and not through "exceptions" like they do in the KH series which why most people think its convoluted.

I gave you guys my 2 cents without throwing in exceptions. Continue to discuss...

16. A Zebra Chaser

Well then it's a pretty big plot hole because Nobodies DO have hearts, or at least, they can grow new ones
    Roxas is still a bit of an exception though, since he has a bit of a heart in him to start

17. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Nobodies do? Who? and how? I don't think they can "grow" hearts. If they could then they wouldn't have gone through all that in KH2/days with Kingdom Hearts and collection.

18. A Zebra Chaser

Have you... not played Dream Drop Distance?

19. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Yes? and...? Is there going to be more exceptions?

20. A Zebra Chaser

15:30 onward