HELP!

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by KeybladeSpirit, Sep 1, 2014.

1. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I checked my cis-male privilege last week at Matsuricon and the Council of Privilege found out! If I don't oppress at least four women or trans-identifiers by next week I'll have my privilege card revoked! This is where you come in. See, I don't really have to actually oppress anyone. If any four women on this site would be willing to sign a document stating that I oppressed them in some way, I can keep my privilege and I don't have to oppress anybody!

Okay, real stuff now.

I had a BLAST at Matsuricon last weekend. I'll upload the photos to imgur and the videos to Youtube if anyone's interested. Highlights:
    • Johnny Yong Bosch told the Homeless Woman Story [Video Soon]
    • Final Fantasy XII won the "Which Final Fantasy is Best?" panel.
    • I may have finally conquered Sound Voltex
    • I got Rose to break up with the Doctor [Video Soon].
    • I was caught throwing paper airplanes after hours. When the staff guy radioed it in to Con Ops, they told him, between fits of laughter, that it was fine as long as I was picking them up (I was) and not bothering anyone (they were cheering).
    • I sang Before My Body is Dry at Friday Night Karaoke and did a pretty mediocre job. [Video Soon]
    • I sang Viva All at Saturday Night Karaoke and killed it. Sadly, I do not have a video of that.
    Oh, and I got @Cat~'s thing. You might already have a copy of it, though, so PM me for pictures of it and then let me know if you actually want it.

2. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Privilege is what we call it when others are oppressed and you are not. Checking your privilege means taking stock of the difference between your experience and the experiences of the oppressed; stepping down from your lofty position and seeing things from the perspective of someone who was not afforded the comforts you were.

Less real stuff now.

What was Cat's thing?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  3. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Yes, and that's what I did. I got caught reflecting on how much harder my life would be if I were a transman instead of a cis-male and now the Council of Privileges (COPs) are threatening to take away my privilege card if I don't oppress four people that belong to the non-privileged counterparts to the privileges that I checked (male and cis, in this case). They can be cis-females or trans-anything, but I have to make sure to get them to sign off on having been oppressed by me specifically. I could also get just one transman to sign Form C-63 stating that my reflection was not sufficient to be officially considered checking privilege, but that's a 40 page document and I don't know any transmen who'd be willing to read that whole thing. Basically, it's easier to just get a few women to say that I oppressed them by signing the one page Form E-97.

You wouldn't think that something that's ingrained into society would have all these systems and rules behind it, but it does. It's not enough to just be a white hetersexual cis-male anymore. You have to present your card proving that you're allowed to receive the privileges associated with belonging to those groups.In case you haven't noticed, this is satire.
    Turns out I didn't have as much money as I thought and coudln't afford a $15 thing, so I got her a Doctor Who comic book that's right at the beginning of my current favorite story arc. We already discussed the money issue in PMs though, so it's all good.

4. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I treat satire as real talk when I don't find it funny.

I didn't know they made Doctor Who comics.

5. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

You must have had the straightest face in the world when you read A Modest Proposal.

They do, and they're pretty good! Issue #12 and the end of the current arc came out this month.

6. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I did.

And then I found it hilarious.

That piece did not run the risk of confusing people about the meanings of terms. Mocking the right people didn't hurt it, either.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  7. Misty gimme kiss

i sat here for like several minutes trying to think of a witty response that conveyed my frustration & lack of amusement at this but all i can conjure is

please stop

8. Yukari Merlin's Housekeeper

I feel this is a very oppressing thread. You, who created the thread are responsible.
    Where is this document that I may sign?

9. Labrys King's Apprentice

Oh look welcome back KS.

10. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Don't be too excited. I'm just waning myself off. It's never healthy to just quit something cold turkey.

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

It's never healthy to quit something like KH-V period.

12. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

KHV was actually proving to be a little hard on my mental health. Some stuff happened in real life and certain stuff that people like to post about kept making me think of it. It's gotten better, but I still get it a little bit and so I'm going to be on less and less until I eventually just don't come back.

13. Labrys King's Apprentice

Well from the looks of it, it won't matter anyways. Khv is dying.

14. Amaury Legendary Hero

If it's the disagreements and confrontations we've gotten into, I hope that's not why.

What gave you that idea?

15. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I thought you were a pineapple. Are you supposed to oppress non-pineapples now?

16. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

It's not. Like I said, it's rooted in a real life incident that I don't want to talk about. If I were a tumblrina, I would say that people are posting a lot of triggering things lately, but I actually know the difference between PTSD and mild emotional discomfort.

17. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

So I've discovered that in order to make people mad, mention oppression and privilege in the same topic.