Heartless appearance after BBS (Was it explained?)

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by KeybearerofSea, Jan 8, 2015.

1. KeybearerofSea Merlin's Housekeeper

Hi guys!

So, I am not sure if this is the right place to post this topic so if I am wrong (please move, thanks) anyways I had a thought while watching a video of a Birth by Sleep let's play. As it is 10 years prior to KH1 there are no heartless roaming about the worlds and I can't recall if in the original Kingdom Hearts it was explained how the Heartless came into those worlds.

I mean, I have an inkling of the Ansem reports talking about the experiments he was doing but was that the reason they appeared? or has that yet to be explained.

Thanks guys!

~KOS~

2. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Pureblood heartless existed (We see neoshadows in a scene with Ventus and Xehanort) but in perhaps fewer number? That piece hasn't been well explored. Emblem heartless on the other hand did not exist until shortly before the events of KH1, they are the result of Ansem's apprentices researching the darkness of people's hearts.

3. KeybearerofSea Merlin's Housekeeper

Right, now it's coming back! Thanks for the reply Mixt, appreciate it. :)

4. Explode Who?!

From my understanding, Heartless do not naturally occur in the realm of light. They need to either be manually extracted from a person's heart, or summoned from the realm of darkness. However once one exists, it can multiply on its own by stealing other people's hearts.

5. KeybearerofSea Merlin's Housekeeper

That's true as well. So then, maybe since Aqua, Terra Ven and the master were gone the stray Heartless just multiplied over 10 years?... "Sigh" 10 year caps people. Way to much time and to many questions to be answered.

6. Dredica SNES was the best.

Well, most of the heartless in Kingdom Hearts were emblem.

7. KeybearerofSea Merlin's Housekeeper

Really? Huh, I guess that's my is indication of needing to hurry up finish my BBS replay and get back into KH1. :)

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Yeah, there are very few types of pureblood heartless. KH1 had more than the other titles (except for 358/2 Days and it's abuse of color and size changes being called new heartless). Off the top of my head I can only think of 5 purebloods in KH1 with one being exclusive to final mix and another being a boss.

9. KeybearerofSea Merlin's Housekeeper

Well I am hoping KH3 gives us a lot of pure bread heartless and no more fake, crazy colored ones. I mean I think the best ones are the tall shadow heartless we got in Final Mix and saw in the Ventus/Xehanort flashback.

10. Dredica SNES was the best.

I'm sure more purebreds will come with Xehanort's return, but at the same time I doubt it. The crazy, colored ones make the game more fun to look at. A lot of the time I feel like it's more just about design rather than actually worrying about the lore all that much, besides Birth By Sleep.