Webcomic Gunnerkrigg Court

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ars Nova, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

[​IMG]
    About 1st Page Shop

So kinda like Harry Potter if Miyazaki wrote it. Brilliant story, lovely setting, driven by rich and organic characters, makes good use of all its plot elements. Deserves every award it gets.

Man, looking back on that first page it still floors me how far Tom has come. I mean just look at Annie...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Aaaand a couple survey questions for the fans in the stands, which I will then answer myself:
    • Favorite character - Annie, Kat, Robot, Coyote
    • Favorite chapter - Ch25: Sky Watcher and the Angel
    • Favorite partnership - Robot&Shadow, Kat&Paz
    • Ysengrin: Tragic underdog or unhinged psychopath - Eh y'know, little of both. /poses the question then dodges it

2. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I wondered why we didn't already have a tread for this wonderful webcomic ^_^.
    • Favorite character? Probably Jones. Jooooonessssss. The Stone might be my favorite chapter because of all the wonderful artwork.
    • Favorite chapter? The Stone - Ch: 40? I think.
    • Favorite partnership? Parley and Smitty, although Shadow x Robot is also really really cute.
    • Ysengrin: Tragic underdog (lol) or unhinged psychopath? Only unhinged because of Coyote, and for no other reason.
    I really like all the elements of different mythologies at work in the comic, as well as the Science vs Nature and Magic theme - because one side isn't particularly better than the other and the two can in fact co-operate as we see through Kat and Annie's friendship.

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS THING.

[​IMG]

I think it's a fair guess that Kat sees him as less threatening because she's not as invested in the spiritual, but I wonder - Did he see Mort and the girls differently from how they see each other? I wonder if anyone there sees Kat the way she appeared to Zimmy in Ch38, Divine.