Guess Who's Getting a Collector's Edition?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Sabby, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

kh2.5_ce_beautyshot_final.jpg

Good Morning KHV,

Some good news! Square Enix has just announced a KINGDOM HEARTS 2.5 HD REMIX COLLECTOR'S EDITION! Almost less than a month away, Square has decided to push out a collector's edition.
    What's in it?
    • Shadow Heartless Plush Toy - 9.4 inch tall plush of the classic KINGDOM HEARTS foe
    • Collector’s Edition Box
    • 30-Page Art Book and Dust Jacket – This art book includes an exclusive foreword and a sketch from Nomura, along with art from the series.
    • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Game Discs
      Collector’s Steelbook Case
      The steelbook case contains both KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX and KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX discs and features premium artwork from the series Director, Tetsuya Nomura.
    • Exclusive Official Disney Collectible Pin- Features Sora and Mickey Mouse back to back, with the iconic keyblade with Mickey dangler. Made out of a soft enamel coating on metal, this pin’s height stretches out to 1.68 inches.
    You can check out the official reveal trailer below:

So you get both games for the price of $99.99 USD or, for the UK & France, €79.99! You are able to go purchase it from here (it is a pre-purchase so you are charged right away). It is said there are limited quantities so go get yours now before it's too late! Will you guys be getting this? How do you feel about it? Was it too close to the release date that they announced it?

Thank you to Arielle from KHINSIDER for helping me figure out how to pre-purchase my copy!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Sabby, Nov 5, 2014.

1. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      Awesome! Square really does still care about the west! :D

...Now, to get myself a PS3... (or is the ps4 backwards compatible...?)
    2. Sabby
      Sabby
      More like passive caring haha. PS4 is not backwards compatible
    3. kngdmhrts2
      kngdmhrts2
      So glad UK are getting this too (and France) and only £80.

Don't think I've ever pre-ordered something so fast before!
      Now for the agnosing 30 day wait until it's out in UK
    4. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      That's dumb. >:|

Why is Nintendo the only one that retains backwards compatibility?
    5. Anixe
      Anixe
      Ugh, literally the day after I pre-ordered KH 2.5, they pull something like this. DDD: Well, hopefully the artbook and the Heartless plushie will turn up on Amazon or eBay later in the future lol. $99 is tempting, but unfortunately too much for me to invest in, considering I already have 1.5 as well.

But anyway, glad that non-Japanese fans can have the Collector's Edition they deserve, haha.
    6. DuelRoxas16
      DuelRoxas16
      im kind of upset we dont get a play arts figure like they got oversees but i am happy that we get one, also can you only get it online? or can i go to ebgames and buy it/preorder it as well?
    7. Explode
      Explode
      HNNG! It's really hard to justify buying this, but boy am I tempted. I don't usually go for this stuff, but the thought of having 2 unevenly-sized boxes is making me twitch a little. $110 (including shipping) is steep for a collection that I already own half of. If I can sell my copy of 1.5 and cancel my pre-order for 2.5, I might go for it.
    8. Arch
      Arch
      All that money and no soundtrack? That's disappointing. I'm not a fan of how the Shadow plushie looks. It doesn't look...right.
    9. Explode
      Explode
      There's a trailer, for those who want a little closer look.

10. Patman
      Patman
      Short answer, they' re the only ones who don' t care about power that much. You can only retain it so far before it starts holding you back drastically (or skyrocketing your prices because you just bundled the old console and the new one in a single box). Sooner or later the basement will get moldy and demolishing the house to build anew will be your best option, unless you' d rather add a new storey anyway and watch the whole thing crumble.
    11. ShibuyaGato
      ShibuyaGato
      This is making me very glad that I waited to preorder, and though owning three copies of Re:CoM isn't the most exciting prospect, I'm just glad that there's actually a collector's edition for this one.

I do kinda wish it had more to it, but for $100 this is alright.
    12. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      If only there was a cheaper option that didn't include 1.5 (since I already have it), or same price but soundtrack instead of 1.5, then I'd order this in a heartbeat. Oh well, it's still a nice collector's edition for those who want to buy both remasters.
      Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    13. Misty
      Misty
      I hope you don't mind Sabby, I updated the OP with the video (thanks @iwantedtoexplode), a labelled image, and some more details on each item.
      It's available exclusively through the official KH site, so no.

I'm not too taken with it. It'd be a nice purchase if you don't own 1.5 yet, but even then, I'm not a fan of the packaging. The Japan-only Collector's Pack had a much classier design. The steelbook is nice but I love the original covers for 1.5 and 2.5 so I wish they'd feature them instead of old art. The Shadow plush is cute though, he'd make a nice companion for my Meow Wow plush.
    14. Heart ❤
      Heart ❤
      Yeah I ordered it

I saw this on facebook while at school and I was like- yup take my money
    15. Hayabusa
      Hayabusa
      I feel iffy on this, though I'll probably get it for my girlfriend, since I have 1.5 already and she doesn't.

For real, the lack of a soundtrack is making this harder to consider. The plush looks alright to me though.
    16. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      Well dang, too bad I don't own myself a PS3, or I'd be getting this asap
    17. Explode
      Explode
      To be fair, the Japanese release by no means had a complete soundtrack. 17 songs out of the 90+ that they remixed for KH2FM. Nothing to sneeze at, but I honestly prefer the design having only the two disks, especially since you can easily find the tracks online. And soon enough you can buy the entire soundtrack for both games.
    18. Karuta
      Karuta
      >See this is coming to Europe
      OHH GOD YES

>Not Ireland
      [​IMG]
    19. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Yeah, apparently, Europe to Square-Enix basically means France and the U.K. However, there appear to be some stores in the Nordic countries selling this collector's edition. I'd suggest contacting game stores in Ireland. Who knows, maybe you'll have some luck finding a store that sells it.