Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by jiisan813, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

lolwut?

I agree that gay people have been through a lot of discrimation and that they should be treated equally like any other human being but get your facts straight.

2. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

The Nazi regime did condemn homosexuality among a number of other things. Gays were put in concentration camps too. it's just one of those things that gets overshadowed by the Jewish majority of the camps.

3. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Oh ok, my bad, I didn't know that. Thank you for telling me. I just think Jews when I hear the word Holocaust since it tends to have that connotation.

4. TheVader74 Gummi Ship Junkie

It's not that simple. It's not about what people think and say. It's about the fact that it is illegal and an arrestable offense in several states. That casts the stigma over the whole subject immediatly, without touching on personal bias.

Also, Free Country argument = Get out of Jail free card.

5. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    Let them be

Its tough enough that they are hated... No seen as different forms of life in this worl.So y can't they just get married in peace.To me those who don't want that are just sad. I mean how would it feel if you wanted to marry the love of your life(Straight or not) And you were denided that. That would not only suck but then you really couldn't show that person the ultimate commiment that you want to show your love for them. If you no that sux then y would it be a problem for people in the gay community not to get married. Its just a little something that should be in your minds(Not to anyone or anybody that respons to this post).

6. Shrooms Destiny Islands Resident

Absolutely ridiculous that this is such an issue in the first place, everybody deserves equal rights and the fact that who you love makes you less deserving? NO. goddamn you should have seen me the day prop 8 passed.

7. Rexyggor_thenewmember Twilight Town Denizen

I'm just going to input two cents.

I am told with the state of Maine (which is where I live) it didn't pass for a lot of reason, but some of that came from the fact of destroying the true meaning of marriage, and the gay couples wanted the rights of a marriage. Well, some of my friends thought it would be a pretty good idea if we (as I am gay) received marriages without calling it a marriage, but basically just gives the rights and binds the two together. Therefore, the sacred tradition of marriage would be kept as well as the word remains the same.

I mean yes there are probably problems with this theory, but I think it was pretty good when I heard especially because it was well more thought out than a forum post xD. Plus I know there are probably important concepts I'm not remembering.

I try.

8. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Well, a lot of places do just this. They call them "civil partnerships" and they often have nearly, if not all, all of the same rights as an actual "marriage". But we live in a secular society. No religion has the right to decide national law. Marriage is the union of two consenting adults who love each other. Those should be the only requirements.

9. Crypt Traverse Town Homebody

I've been watching a few videos on Youtube about it, and I decided to discuss it.

I think gay marriage is absolutely your choice. Who cares if it's against the bible? A book can't decide your morals. I'm not gay, but does that mean I hate them? No. Gay people have the right to choose their own sexuality, regardless of the law/bible. The law can't always decide right and wrong, along with the bible.

It's your choice to marry another man/woman. **** anyone who says differently.

10. Maggy Gummi Ship Junkie

I totally agree, meng!

It doesn't matter who you love but that you love them. And if it makes you happy, there's no reason not to :)

11. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I just got engaged to my boy friend and I feel the same way about him as most people would feel about a wife, So if the feeling is the same so should the even that follows Marriage ^.=.^

12. Glen Returned from the dead

Can't see anything wrong with gay marriage. It's just like when people that are straight get married, just with two people of the same sex. I really don't see any reason gay marriage shouldn't be allowed, other then the typical people saying how "it's just wrong" and whatnot.

13. Maggy Gummi Ship Junkie

I think its because It goes against what everyone is used to seeing and that's why they're afraid to accept it because as humans we don't like change. But we need to accept changes because it makes us move forward. I wish some ignorant people could see it like this...

14. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

There is no other reason than religion not to accept gay marriage. And the so called "sanctity of marriage" is bullshit

Reason 1:
    [​IMG]

Celebs can marry and divorce after hours/days. There is no sanctity. Gay marriage ftw

15. Daxa~ #stalker

Congrats my dear,and I do hope I am invited <3

But I have never seen any reason why two people who love each other should not be allowed to marry.
    And it is most great that in a town thingy (rather hard to describe it actually....let's go with big town) here,the nearest,or one of the nearest to me,they now allow two men or two women to get married in the big hall thingy. Which is most lovely,as I have been invited to go to a few by randomers on the street,you are just so happy they can freely love each other they want to share it with everyone.
    Free cake. <3

And a quick question,is it called marriage or still refered to as a civil joining or something?

16. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

As a guy, I'm saddened when I find out a girl I like is a lesbian. However, other then jealousy and a few days of being very sad. I have nothing against gay marriage. You should be able to get married when and to who you want.

17. Amaury Legendary Hero

Just like I stated in the OP of my Sexual Preference thread, love is love, no matter what, and we shouldn't interfere with it.

18. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    To all those bible people out there doesn't it say somewhere god made everyone the way he... Damn what's the word... The he.... I guess imagined... That sounds wrong.... Ok well anyways if that's so then if someone is proven to be born gay then what would the problem be? And don't give me that bs Oh think of the children... F*ck that we already live in a messed up world and your going to blame people who's views of relationships may differ from you. Yea yep you make so much sense right there. It gets even better when this country is meant for people to express who they are freely without persecution and having to worry about being made fun of because they are different. You silly clowns must have forgotten about the Constitution and the very 1st amendment. Damn I love it and check this out ready... These are the same people that vote for the person you want, vote for certain bills to get passed to better your community and the country you live in. They have children that go to the same school as your kids do paying the same taxes to help keep the school up and your gonna deny them the right to marry. So your just being a ****** are a dick I'm not sure.(I am not talking about anyone, just in general.) And what really gets me is that these people go through so much just cause of their choice in who they like and still love this damn country because if they went anywhere else they would be killed. How you deal with all of that I don't know, but I look up to people like that. Enigmatic People out of the ordinary or not going with the media advertises so much it makes you wanna vomit if you see the damn item one more time. You can never stop people like that cause their minds and hearts are just too strong to even be touched by any cold blooded cold hearted person out there. You only hate them cause they are happier than you are and that's it. If someone has something you wanted so badly and they get it with ease that pisses you off correct? And its weird cause Gay means happy its like a double win for people who like the same sex cause not only are they happy with who they are. The name they are given means happy too, and not a lot of people in this day and age are happy so its ok don't worry when you wake up and see this is not a human world. Its a People World as as the people... WE THE PEOPLE have the right to fight for what we believe in so I may not be gay, but I support gay marriage because the government(Which is just and idea not a person remember that.) has no right to tell another person what they can or can't do. Stupid MotherF*cka this isn't a communist or King and Queen ruled type of country... WE THE PEOPLE remember that.

19. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I have nothing against LGBT people whatsoever. I know I'm going to get a lot of crap for this, but as a Mormon, I still believe that marriage is meant to be a sacred institution between man and woman.

*puts on flame-resistant suit*

20. Crypt Traverse Town Homebody

I completely disagree. Like someone said before, love is love, and nothing we do can change it.