Finished Bloodborne finally

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Hayabusa, May 30, 2015.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

Thought I'd make a thread for it here in case anyone wants to discuss spoilers or what-have-you.

Anyway, this is my Game of the Year, unless Witcher 3 or Batman: Arkham Knight or Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain can manage to bring me more satisfaction.

I absolutely love the combat, the lore, the atmosphere, the music, the visual aesthetic, etc. I've never finished a Souls game before (only maybe halfway through Dark Souls 1...) I even managed to get what's apparently the "true" ending.

My only complaints are that the Chalice Dungeons don't at all interest me, and the ending is kind of disappointing in how it goes straight into New Game +.

So yeah, anyone else finish it, or still going at it?

2. Patman Bof

I bought it yesterday, I haven' t tried it yet.
    I enjoyed Demon' s Souls thoroughly so I figured Bloodborne would be right up my alley.
    I just hope they haven' t lowered the difficulty too much.

Btw, is this related to the Souls series or is this the same kind of game in a different universe ? I haven' t played Dark 1&2.

3. Hayabusa Venomous

Even though the game does feel easier than Dark Souls 1, it's not at all an easy game; you're still being made to learn the game's mechanics or suffer constant death, and it's still more important to play smart than to grind levels.

I really prefer Bloodborne to the Souls games because of the much faster and aggressive combat (no blocking, lots more quick movements, guns, parrying, etc.) and the overall Victorian horror setting (that goes to certain tones as you progress which I love.)

I'm pretty sure it's not canonically connected to the Souls game, but there are references: I only know of one so far since I haven't really looked much (and still haven't beaten Dark Souls 1) From what I can tell, it's a different universe.

4. libregkd -

5. Hayabusa Venomous

6. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

[DOUBLEPOST=1433017533][/DOUBLEPOST]90% of Oscar's dialogue was cut from Dark Souls. He was the final boss. So don't tell me from hasn't done worse.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  7. Trigger hewwo uwu

i have mixed feelings about the chalice dungeons. they're fun most of the time and it's cool seeing all the bosses for that thing even if some are super lazy and boring.

8. Hayabusa Venomous

I really wish the cooler bosses were just part of the campaign in some way.

Here's to hoping that the DLC delivers more on the non-grindy stuff.

9. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

10. Patman Bof

Finished it yesterday. While the game is bigger in scope than DS it has a hell of a lot more checkpoints and shortcuts, not to mention its lack of weight limitations, so it doesn' t waste our time or precious exp nearly as often. The healing counters was a great mechanic for someone as reckless as me. I played DS with a scimitar wielding mage, I played Bloodborne with an axe-wielding health tank. I usually remain two-handed, I still haven' t figured out how to stagger opponents with guns anyway. Not that I' ve really tried, I don' t miss it that much. I just pop my blade of mercy and spam spells against distant enemies.

I remembered to copy and store my pre-ending save file before I went and fought the last boss so I won' t have to play the whole game again just for its ending trophies. That still leaves two or three trophies, I assume I' ll have to play the chalice dungeons to get those. I' ve only cleared one so far.