Square-Enix Final Fantasy XV [the game formerly known as Versus XIII]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Dec 7, 2006.

1. libregkd -

2. libregkd -

3. Arch Mana Knight

• 1:04:16 – Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gameplay
    • 1:37:18 – Final Fantasy XV (Xbox One version) gameplay
    • 1:41:21 – Final Fantasy XV dungeon trailer
    • 2:04:18 – Final Fantasy XV “World of Wonder” wildlife trailer
    Thanks to Gematsu for giving timestamps.

Also, I want Tabata's shirt. So cool.

The demo has a level cap of 99. Also, there's thoughts going about in the development team on whether or not there will be a feature to change how much blood there will be or DLC to increase the game's rating(a second M game in Final Fantasy?).

Also, trailers for those who want to skip past interviews.

The demo will be about 5 gigs.

4. libregkd -

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  5. Arch Mana Knight

It looks like the demo might allow you to summon Ramuh. It was already confirmed in an interview that there would be a summon in the demo but up until now we didn't know which one. Old man Ramuh confirmed for next-gen beards?

[​IMG]

Source

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Okay, i'm just going to say, playing that demo makes me hate that they even let you play it, because now I want to get the game even more. It can not come out any sooner.

The battles are terrible, but the camera was a little wonky at times. It would have been nice to have a lock-on feature that didn't require you to keep on pushing the button, but that's just because it's a lot of buttons to work with at once when you're sorting through skills with the arrow keys, worrying about defending with L1, and attacking and everything else with the other buttons.

The travel was a little slow, but that's mainly just because everything was very much to scale, so even running a short ways felt much longer than any other game. Even Final Fantasy XIII on Pulse has nothing on this game.

Oh, and last thing: the summons are jaw-dropping amazing. If Ramuh looks like that, I want to see what the bigger ones like Leviathan and Bahamut do...hell, if they have Alexander in FFXV, I'm not sure anything will be able to survive.

7. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

The battles weren't really that bad when compared to other games instead of the "gem" that everyone expects/hopes this game will be (not hating, heck even i want it to be that way). This isn't to say that it is perfect. For example I found the leveling curve to not make much sense, for example in the beginning of the game you felt very weak (this also could be due to it being a new game, meaning I wasn't that good, keep that in mind) however, once you leveled up a few times (or as I did it, grind like crazy then camp only to realize that is how you level up). All of sudden once you do that, almost no enemy has much of any threat to you whatsoever as long as you micromanage your health/mp.

If I can recall, in an interview (or heck maybe even this thread) it was said that you weren't allowed to use a vehicle or any other means of travel, that way it encourages you to explore/extends the time of the demo itself. I don't really mind this. An example where this works could be Skyrim. The game is much more immersive/breathtaking when you actually take your time and look around instead of warping all over the place. So I can see why they made it that way, and I really don't mind it at all.

I could eat my words here by saying "this is just a demo, things can be improved" because we have seen before that problems can stay all the way from 'alpha' to full release stages in a game. I'm looking at you Destiny. All that aside, I find that things can be a lot more enjoyable when you don't judge them overly hard. I have a feeling that if people expect this game to be perfection, there is a high chance that they will be disappointed. A game doesn't have to be 99-100% perfect in order to be enjoyable.

My apologies for the rambling by the way, that happens sometimes.

8. libregkd -

9. Patman Bof

The controls were a big complaint as well. If I am to believe FFDream, Tabata said the final game might allow us to change the controls and the difficulty. I' m not even sure why devs stopped doing that to begin with. It doesn' t fix everything, but it' s better than nothing and it' s super easy to implement. Duscae happens to be one of those games whose control scheme choices puzzle me to no end.

10. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    There are two things I don't get about the controls, having played the demo on X1: 1, the lock-on is ****ing weird. 2, If the triggers don't do anything, why are the defend and lock-on buttons on the far more awkward to use bumpers instead of the triggers?

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I think I did mention the lock-on was funky after playing it the first day. If they did something like with most other games where you just push a button and it stays locked on it'd probably be better. My favorite complain was this little bit
    I'm actually surprised people were freaking out over that. I thought it was a strange design for her when I got to that part of the demo, but I didn't think it was a bad thing.

And Noctis' voice was a little deep, but it did seem fine if you ask me.

12. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

People always complain about this kind of stuff, not saying I am for or against it (in fact since I consider video games to be an art form, I don't think "censorship" is a necessary evil in this case). However, if they are doing this to make it more "friendly" for a wider age group, that probably means more sales. From a business standpoint this makes sense to me.

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Not saying I don't understand why they might want to change it, more along the lines I don't understand why they choose to complain about something as simple as that when there were more annoyances with the actual gameplay and such. It's more like people throwing out their opinions and complaining it doesn't fit their needs.

14. libregkd -

15. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Well that's how feedback works. If SE can please a "larger" majority, then they will most likely make a larger profit. I wouldn't really worry about such complaints, unless it is something that negatively effects you in some huge way. Which changes are in this case, it probably doesn't. To me, if any of this leads to a more impressive final product, then SE can focus/listen to whatever they want.

16. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

17. libregkd -

18. libregkd -

19. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Huh, after this much time they decided to take Stella out huh? Seems like last minute, but that's just how stories work out when you're busy building on them. Let's just hope it doesn't turn into one of those things where the new character and story turns out worse than it would have been before

20. libregkd -