Square-Enix Final Fantasy XV [the game formerly known as Versus XIII]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

2. libregkd -

3. Arch Mana Knight

The town's been confirmed to be called "Lestallum" in English.

Here's some NPC stuff now:

Amazing quality. Amazing.

4. libregkd -

5. Arch Mana Knight

So the car won't be in the demo. It'll be in the game but Tabata doesn't want to thrust too many changes to longtime Final Fantasy fans right away with the demo.

Source: Polygon

6. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Interview with Hajime Tabata on the world map, airships, and differences with the XIII series:

via GameSpot

7. Arch Mana Knight

So far the only new info from that interview is that there'll be no l'Cie in XV. A little disappointing considering how awesome and ridiculously powerful they are in Type-0(seriously, XIII l'Cie are nothing compared to Type-0's).

I'm wondering if summons will retain their size(looking at you Leviathan) once you beat them and gain them a summon(that's how you get them in XV). Seriously doubt they'll be turned into cutscenes and deal damage once said scene is over. Maybe it'll be a one-shot sort of deal? Maybe they'll be a party member for a limited time? Or maybe we'll gain full control like in Type-0...but that seems unlikely given the scale.

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

If the summons retain their actual size when used, I'm pretty sure there's going to be some limitation on them, whether it be a one-shot thing or a long cast time or something else. Heck, maybe they'll just make the summon instead a ridiculously powerful move you can use with your weapons, exactly because of the size of them. I mean, where would you bring Leviathan out in the middle of a forest/field area? Not sure he'd enjoy a tiny puddle the size of one of his scales

9. libregkd -

10. Patman Bof

Is that why Machina is your favorite ? Because gameplay-wise I didn' t bother with him and wouldn' t advise anyone to.

11. Arch Mana Knight

In terms of abilities and stats, Machina's one of the best characters in the game. Plus "sights" are easy to hit with him and that's how you do the majority of damage against a lot of enemies. ...But he does become a l'Cie. You don't get to do much with that though.

12. Patman Bof

You can max all stats in the long run. Time is a factor to get the best rewards so the farther you can hit physically the better. Besides Machina is often unavailable. I mained Ace, he' s got the longest reach and his close-ranged attacks hit hard and fast.

13. Rik Merlin's Housekeeper

But does that mean there will be no airships--a franchise staple--in Final Fantasy XV?
    "To be completely honest, that’s still to be determined,"

STOP DETERMINING THINGS you've been working on this mess for TEN YEARS you should be done making these kinds of decisions by now.
    I can't.

14. Arch Mana Knight

Being able to jump and the "Phantom Sword" (the sword Noctis has been seen the most with that generates that magical shield) are confirmed to be in the game and demo. No official date on the demo though. Also the target framerate is 30fps.

Lots more from Tabata at the link below. Dude's the best director ever.

Source:
    Gematsu

15. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Here are a few screenshots Square-Enix has just released:

Final-Fantasy-XV_2015_01-25-15_001.jpg Final-Fantasy-XV_2015_01-25-15_002.jpg Final-Fantasy-XV_2015_01-25-15_003.jpg Final-Fantasy-XV_2015_01-25-15_004.jpg Final-Fantasy-XV_2015_01-25-15_005.jpg Final-Fantasy-XV_2015_01-25-15_006.jpg Final-Fantasy-XV_2015_01-25-15_007.jpg

16. libregkd -

17. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

18. libregkd -

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  19. Darkandroid Gets it Together

I'm glad they are showing more of FFXV the past few months and I'm thankfully still really excited to play it.

Does Type-0 have a worldwide release? Or is March just for Japan? If not then a demo next month will be pretty awesome.

20. libregkd -