Square-Enix Final Fantasy XV [the game formerly known as Versus XIII]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Dec 7, 2006.

1. libregkd -

2. libregkd -

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  3. Arch Mana Knight

Haven't had time to watch all the videos yet but apparently there's a third video to follow up with what you posted, libre.

Exciting stuff!

Edit: In libre's source, apparently Chocobos are being reported to have been seen as well as a fishing minigame. Also, the dev team is trying to keep the Japanese VA for the overseas versions. Dual audio! (Not that I'd use it but great if it's true nonetheless.)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  4. Patman Bof

Not sure about the chocobos, but the fishing spot was mentioned in the vid you posted by its commentator (whoever that was). It' s the spot you can see at 1:20.

The world map vid has been stripped of every monster and event. The final version will have a lot of stuff to find in there, that vid was just made to give us a glimpse of how big the world is. It' s a bad idea to roam at night since the monsters that pop up at such a late hour can stack a slew of status effects on you. When asked who his favorite character is out of that bunch the commentator says "That' s him !" (a dude named Gradios apparently) "Because he protects me all the time. And because he' s the most macho !" (oh hi Anita). There won' t be any Toad status effect, since apparently a lot of people find that one particularly annoying.

5. libregkd -

6. libregkd -

Attached Files:

7. libregkd -

8. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

9. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I think the English voices are fine. Certainly better than the English voices for Type-0 imo.

10. Hayabusa Venomous

11. Arch Mana Knight

First scene didn't sound so great. My thoughts were "oh great. Bad voice acting" but the rest of the trailer turned me around. Noctis's voice is a bit deeper than I thought it'd be. I was expecting him to say "I'm Batman" at any second.

12. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Oh look, a female character with goggles revealed in V Jump. Also, a city! Hopefully we can run over pedestrians in the car.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  13. libregkd -

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  14. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

this game looks so amazing aahhhhhhhh i need it in my life i've waited so long

15. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

I definitely think that the Japanese and English voices for Prompto are cliche, again sounding like they are going for the "look at me I'm energetic" archetype. And yeah, British guys' accent is trying too hard, haha (not an actual British VA, I assume?). But everyone else sounds fine and obviously I won't form a true opinion until the game comes out.

Kinda iffy about this game's Cid being called "Cindy" just to girly it up. I mean, Cid can be a neutral name and it would make an awful lot of sense in context. But whatever, game looks pretty and music's solid. My last concern is going to be the execution of the story, which surprisingly doesn't really appeal to me yet.

16. C This silence is mine

It's actually Cidny in the Japanese version, but they localised it to Cindy. Don't ask me why, I think Cidny would work in English too (pronounced like Sidney).

I'm hyped, that city looked rad, especially in the tech demo thing.

17. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Ahhh, that makes sense. I didn't watch the Japanese version for the second trailer yet. But regardless, I would've preferred it just to be "Cid." Ah well...

18. Arch Mana Knight

More footage of the town:

And a lengthy interview from Tabata over the new stuff we've seen today:

Source: Kotaku

19. Plums Wakanda Forever

Agreed! The Cidny/Cindy name alteration was unnecessary, Cid works just fine & the feminization of the name has no real purpose except for pulling attention to the fact that "Our Cid's a girl Look."

edit: Actually thinking on it more, I'd be fine with it if she just said "I prefer to be called Cid" and then the game just labels her "Cid." FFXII's Cid had a pretty ridiculous name but they did that for him iirc, and hopefully it happens here too.

Her clothing is also so ridiculous for her profession? Like, if it was another job the "it's the desert so it's really hot and she likes to stay cool as possible" could've been an okay (if still iffy) explanation, but working with power tools and hot iron and all of that in booty shorts and a bikini...what?

I'm not really happy with "Cindy" design-wise so far. Maybe she gets better clothes later on, but it's concerning that one of the only three female characters is already male gazey. Her being much more cute & younger than her predecessor Cid's is also not very awe inspiring lmao.

Otherwise, game looks pretty and fun so far. It would be nice to get more of the story beyond like...old guy steals Noctis' dad's crystal and the Noctstreet Boys go on a roadtrip to hide & get it back somehow. The political intrigue & possibly religious elements via crystlas/Etro are what I definitely wanna hear more about.

20. libregkd -