Square-Enix Final Fantasy XV [the game formerly known as Versus XIII]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Dec 7, 2006.

1. libregkd -

2. Arch Mana Knight

Great gameplay trailer. I can see some of those moves being quick time events. Like when Noctis blocks a few strikes and his friend steals the sword of the enemy before finishing it off. I wonder if there'll be some swimming in freeroam or if it's just for specific sections of the game.

3. Barakon-King Traverse Town Homebody

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod. They got the new engine, they kept the blood in, and you can still switch characters. Square-Enix wants money again.[DOUBLEPOST=1370999429][/DOUBLEPOST]Something that's actually really impressing me (which is really just a next-gen thing) is the amount of tangible objects in the environment. In current gen, when game objects are destroyed that usually crumble then fade away to keep the framerate consistent, but the next-gen systems are really pushing it. Especially in the first trailer where Noctis rolls through that kitchen. There's chairs, plates and silverware flying, the table moves, and not to mention that big flowing thing that's made up of particles. Even in the combat trailer from the livestream, the pillars fall and crumble and the rocks never disappear.

4. Llave Superless Moderator

Such a beautiful gameplay showcase! *v*

Those team combo kills are ridic. Excited to see more

5. Arch Mana Knight

Just a little bit about the story which was gathered from the trailer. Nothing really new but still worth the read.

Source: Siliconera

6. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

7. Barakon-King Traverse Town Homebody

The contextual moments in combat look insane. When he smashes the guys head on the cop car or that badass moment when all three of them team up on the Behemoth. The combat is looking to be deeper than I thought it would be.

8. Llave Superless Moderator

I'm sure the story will be just as good, I just hope it isn't secondary to the design and level mechanics. I'd rather have a good story than something as shiny and beautiful as this is currently becoming.

9. Barakon-King Traverse Town Homebody

Lol to me, this game could be about Noctis embarking on a quest to murder the creator of pea soup. I just wanna beat people up and teleport.

10. libregkd -

11. Arch Mana Knight

So there's some high quality pictures up of the characters shown in the first PS4 gameplay trailer. Not officially released by Square but they look good!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Source: Project Crystallis

12. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Actually, I remember my friend pointing out that really almost everybody wears black, so I'm kinda "eh" on the character design. Otherwise, I assume the team has some collaboration with that Japanese fashion company (ROEN, I think it's called), which might explain the lack of such color in comparison to Nomura's standard character design.

But, it is "fantasy based on reality," so maybe that's the reason. The details in their faces are outstanding, though.

Also, storywise, I'm disappointed that they are obligating it to have sequels. D: In a worse case, it'll be DLC'd. DD:

Alas, I'm getting ahead of myself. Regardless of my pickiness, my interest has been revived somewhat, so I'll be lookin' forward to more reveals at following gaming events and whatnot.

13. Styx That's me inside your head.

Aw yeah, this game looks awesome so far. I admit I wasn't keen on the generic character designs at first, but they've grown on me. I actually look forward to seeing an edgier, grittier FF game and the designs seem to reflect that. Nomura promised more news in the upcoming days. I hope he keeps that promise.

14. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I'm interested now this has turned into an action RPG much like Kingdom Hearts, meaning fun, fun, fun!

I've not really kept up with FF stories, but i hear they do them well, so i'll believe that, in many ways i'm looking for to this so i can get into a series i'v elong known but never got to grips with. Lovely.

15. libregkd -

16. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

17. libregkd -

18. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

And here we have a reason for me to believe that Square hasn't learned from FFXIII's controversy. Release the ****ing game, THEN, and only then, consider sequels or spin-offs. Furthermore, if you want to make a sequel, if you don't have room to tell a new story with the same characters, make new characters and don't hurt the original characters or their development. And that's assuming that FFXV can pull itself up from being Duke Nukem Forever redux.

19. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm all for more subdued character designs if that means that they're actually being developed well as characters who are unique from one another. XIII tried to do design over development. Bad move.

20. Styx That's me inside your head.

XIII didn't have the worst cast development-wise by far. It had better or at least more balanced casts than VIII and XII, and probably IX too. I'd choose development over design any day, but the two shouldn't be seen as mutually exclusive.