Square-Enix Final Fantasy XV [the game formerly known as Versus XIII]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Sara Tea Drinker

I could see it going maybe like Twilight Princess, both on the PS3 and 4. Either that or to sell more PS4's they do make it an exclusive. I heard a lot of unpromising things about this system, but that's just me.

There's enough of a fanbase to put it just on PS4 and it to be a seller. Hell, people still love FFXIII and I have no idea why. No offense to anyone out there.

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

At this point, I fear for the game's future. If it's on PS3 and PS4, I highly doubt the PS4 version will sell better than the PS3 version; and if it's exclusively on PS4, it still might not sell since everyone discouraged by the PS4 price tag will probably opt out. Somethin' tells me they're gonna be in the hole no matter what.

3. A Zebra Chaser

It could go the wya of twilight Princess, and everyone could forget it came out for the PS3 at all...

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Did everyone forget Twilight Princess came out for Gamecube? I wasn't at all interested in the Wii version. Well, that wouldn't be much better for V-XIII. Either way it's losing a chunk of sales it committed to. And knowing Squeenix's business practices as of late, they're gonna pump out absurd numbers of copies and come up negative. Unless the game's Nukemian development cycle has actually hyped people up even more, which I doubt.

I just made that up, Nukemian. Referring to Duke Nukem, of course. Yea nay?

5. Patman Bof

For me it' s the other way around, I keep forgetting TP was also released on the Wii. But then the differences between those two versions were completely anecdotal (hell, motion controls are a downgrade imo). If nothing else I expect Vs XIII to be prettier on PS4, and yes, graphics do matter. The recent slew of sucessful remaster collections make it crystal clear.

If the game is good to begin with and that they not only improve graphics but also add bosses, quests, stuff like that, then the PS4 version would nearly look like a killer app to me, especially if they anounce a big brand new FF in the same breath. I' d be willing to bet the Vita would have fared much better with FFX and/or Type 0 in its launch line-up and a big exclusive titlle anounced to come later on.

I do hope they wouldn' t be stupid enough to pump out an absurd number of copies though (at that point I wouldn' t put anything monumentally stupid past them), but as long as they don' t it would look like a rather safe bet to me.

6. Ansem59 Chaser

Man, this is upsetting. This thread started out so hopeful and now here we all are... scrapping around for information! This is awful! You know, it's times like these where I wonder of Square really does hate its fans? I mean, most company's are really open about their information and get things out in a very timely and efficient manner. Square just doesn't to be one of those company's. I mean, there have been multiple FF XIII games (Which I personally do not like.) and a lot of Kingdom Hearts games that have been coming out (All on different platforms. Grrr...) But FF XIV turned out horribly and for some reason they can't get ANY information out on FF Versus XIII! What could possibly be stopping them?!

7. libregkd -

8. Arch Mana Knight

New trailer is out.
    IT'S BEEN CONFIRMED TO BE XV

9. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

MY BODY IS READY! I LOVE YOU SQUARE

10. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Can I just say

How amazing this game looks?

Still a bit disappointed that there was no sign of Stella in the new trailer.

11. Aelin Best Waifu

The game play mechanics will be interesting to see. Doesn't seem like it would play as a normal final fantasy game. Guess we will just have to wait and see, but I am stoked for it.

12. Mysty Unknown

Yeah, the trailer just looks golden. I really like everything they did. And changing the name was a smart move. Good call on that Arch.

13. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Stella is the first person show, albeit from behind. Still though.

14. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    I admit, I am disappointed that they just renamed Versus XIII to FFXV, but hey, at least we got some news about it. Hopefully it can pull itself up from being the new Duke Nukem Forever. Also, this is just further proof of the utter failure of Fabula Nova Crystalis.

15. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

I wasn't very excited for this game before but after seeing it at E3 I'm extremely excited. It being named 15 instead of 13 is also pretty interesting for me.

16. Hayabusa Venomous

7 years I've waited for this game to be truly revealed, with gameplay and all.

I am not disappointed in the slightest now.

17. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Years with on and off news...teasing us with details! ...I am satisfied.

The trailer was flippin' awesome! I honestly can't think of a game that looks as good as XV.

18. Arch Mana Knight

It's not exclusive to PS4. Xbox One will be getting a port. But this means that FFXV is being worked on the PS4 first.

Source: Kotaku

Edited to include more information.

19. libregkd -

20. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Freaking finally! I am excited for a new Final Fantasy, after years!