Square-Enix Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Unfortunately, your book doesn't count for squat in what the movie did for Square. Me? I personally liked the movie, but it wasn't very Final Fantasyish.
    The movie made Enix second-guess their decision to merge with Square and (if I recall), is the reason Square won't make more movies.

2. C This silence is mine

I believe that Sony also had to bail them out of the situation, and it is why they now own 7 or so percent of the Square Enix shares. And I know that one of the higher ups, the one who was incharge of making their games commercial, or something like that, really high up though. Anyway, he had to step down. Spirits Within was a huge failure. There's no way that FFXIV will be as big, though if this new version fails then it will be one of their bigger failures as well.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

doesn't matter if it did anything for square. I still find it a good movie, so it was a success. Simple as that. As long as people like the movie, even if you lose money, you should be glad about the movie.
    Although, I suppose most business owners don't think that way

4. C This silence is mine

You're not happy with a film when it nearly sinks your company, no matter how much of a cult-following it gets. Square is a business, they don't really care about the consumers, they just care about making something good enough that people will buy lots of copies.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

if that's not stereotypical about businesses, I don't know what is

6. C This silence is mine

But it's the truth, especially about big companies like Square. Would you be happy if you had built up your company as the biggest RPG company in the WORLD, only to have it sunk when you try to make a film? I don't think so, no matter if it made people happy or not. It's a stereotype for a reason.

Besides, most people didn't like it, more people disliked Spirits Within than people liked it, it's not like you just ignore the people who dislike it and only see the ones who likes it. No matter how you look at it, that film was a failure. Now, can we drop this and get back on topic?

FFXIV! Fun!

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Yeah whatever, but I still find Spirits Within a good movie, and I don't care about the opinions of those that don't care, since it's my opinion of the movie that matters.

But anyways, how big is the map supposed to be for XIV? Is it going to be bigger than XI?

8. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Holy ****.

I still don't know whether to get this or not...depending if its only downloadable and if there's some kind of free trial. Other than that...this game still kinda looks good. I've been a fan of Final Fantasy ever since I was a little (IE two years ago) and I've wanted some kind of FF MMORPG, and when saw this for the PC, I was like WANT. But then my next issue of Gameinformer came along, I read the article about it, and am now like DO NOT WANT.

Still, this game looks good.

9. libregkd -

10. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

XIV is underrated. But it's good to see they are working on improving it, even if we never see it before...was it Q1 2013?

11. libregkd -

12. Noise For Love and Justice

World of Warcraft is starting to bore me...I am going to try this game out once the PS3 version hits stores.

It looks ALOT better than the the first one.

13. libregkd -

14. Misty gimme kiss

Hawt damn. I would consider this if I wasn't too poor to pay for a month to month fee. The graphics look gorgeous even if they're not quite on par with the PC (and my PC could never reach this level anyway), the UI does look a little confusing to me but then again my MMO exposure is minimal.

15. Hayabusa Venomous

So, I haven't been following this game at all, but the last time I heard about it, the gameplay was shitt. Still the case?

16. Misty gimme kiss

They're completely revamping the game; I'm not sure if it will be any good now, but they're making serious changes.

17. libregkd -

18. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Bumping because Square-Enix is starting beta testing for the game (see official site) and because I just found out about this game and it looks sick.

19. libregkd -

20. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

This might be a stupid question, but would we still have to pay the monthly free if we get it on PS3 (Or would it be PS4 now?)?