Final Fantasy VII's Story

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Amaury, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Okay, so I haven't played through the story as much as I have with Dragon Quest VII: Journey of the Cursed King and I certainly haven't played through the story to death as I have with Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits, but I've played through it a few times (I'm currently doing a second walkthrough) and I still don't fully understand Final Fantasy VII's story.

Can someone break it down to me? How is Sephiroth controlling Cloud? Why did Sephiroth kill Aerith? (Those are just a couple of questions, but I would appreciate a breakdown of the whole story.)

2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

1- Cloud can be controlled by Sephiroth because Sephiroth and Cloud share cells from JENOVA

2- He killed Aerith because she was the only one capable of stopping Meteor when he cast it. She was working on a spell to counter it.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I always found the whole plot confusing from the point you hit Northern Crater or so, when they get into the whole "clone talk", and "failures", etc.

4. Hayabusa Venomous

1. Sephiroth is Xehanort and Cloud is just another horcrux.
    2. Aerith knew that Sephiroth was ADAM the whole time so he had to silence her.

5. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

So Sephiroth had two brothers. They were all f*cked up. One disappeared, one died, and Sephiroth was left alone to wallow in his f*cked upness.
    Wallow he did, until Jenova decided to tell him to do bad stuff. Which he does. Zack and Cloud try to stop him, and they toss good old Sephy down the tube. Then get thrown in a tube, and injected with Jenova cells to replace Sephy and his brothers. Zack escapes, dies. Cloud lives. Cloud thinks he's Zack, because he's a little loopy.

Cloud, Aerith and Co. try to stop Sephy, who can come back via various parts of Jenova because Jenova is basically Satan from another planet. Aerith is killed by a piece of Jenova's arm, basically so she can't cast Holy, which will negate Meteor and Jenova's plans. So then Cloud and Co. battle Sephy, and Aerith still manages to save the day with her magic Cetra-ness.

Basically Jenova is like an undead spider who just needs to be burned, repeatedly and endlessly. That's what I got from Advent Children anyway.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

It's funny how Advent Children Complete's story is easier to follow in about 2 hours then the last 4 hours of story in Final Fantasy VII. At least that was a simple revenge plot on Sephiroth's part, instead of the all the hassle from the game

7. burnitup Still the Best 1973

It's almost like one is a movie with a certain amount of time to explain things (and yet doesn't explain some things), and the other is a video game that is several hours long and thus has time to explain things at it's leisure.

8. Laurence_Fox Chaser

It kinda helps if you just kind of nod and go along with it. At least that's how I remember playing Crisis Core was like. At least until the ending. Then it was just gross sobbing and tears.

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

yeah well, you'd expect a game would have an easier time explaining a complex story over the course of 20 hours then a movie in 2 hours

10. Hayabusa Venomous

Someone hasn't played Metal Gear Solid.

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

got that right

12. Hiro ✩ Guardian

At this point I'm starting to question if @Iksandar has actually played anything or just purposely goes against the popular opinion

13. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Fixed. Also I think it's easier to watch Advent Children in Japanese then English. Some things are lost in translation. Which concerns me for the English version of the remake.

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

1) No changing the wording if it doesn't make a different
    2) That's why you watch Advent Children Complete, it makes much more sense

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Dilly dally, shilly shally.

16. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

1) And here I thought you were cool enough to get the reference.
    2) It's also much prettier.

17. Amaury Legendary Hero

On another note, complete and total ownage is fun!

1:27: