Square-Enix Final Fantasy VI Remake Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I actually don't mind it honestly. I'm currently playing through FFV on my iPad, and enjoying it a lot. After that, I plan on getting FFVI as well. I can understand the complaints though from long time fans who've bought a remake or two of the same game. But for someone like me who's experiencing these games for the very first time, it really is a blessing. Plus, my iPad finally has games I actually want to play instead of your typical mobile game crap.

2. Light-Rune Maven Seer

The system itself is not why I mind, it's just that I don't have any, and there are like... 7 games that one company has made for them.

3. Mysty Unknown

He is basically saying this:

iOS?

Why not iOS, PS-Vita, and 3DS?

I don't have an iOS to play these classics that I never had the chance to play. Some people don't get your smart phones because they see data as a waste of money (my family and plenty others). I like exclusives... but why phone exclusives....

4. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    There actually a very simple answer to why not the Vita and 3DS: There's no precedent for excess micro-transactions on those platforms and they're not going to retool the game to please players on those platforms when they have far more potential customers on iOS.

5. A Zebra Chaser

Retool? You mean keep them the same as they were originally? Sounds like less work to me

6. libregkd -

7. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    If that's the case, then my point stands for the 3DS, but they probably don't feel there's a big enough userbase for the Vita to spend the money on porting, licensing, etc. Can the PSN version of FFVI play on the Vita? If so, then you have the redundancy issue.