Square-Enix Final Fantasy VI Remake Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Oct 9, 2013.

1. libregkd -

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I was planning to get FFV on my iPad, and I'm happy to see that FFVI is available on it as well. Guess that tablet I got years ago wasn't so useless as I thought XD

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Gosh darn it, I clicked on this thinking it said "Final Fantasy VII Remake Announced".

Although this reminds me that I have to finish the game I started as well.

4. Mish smiley day!

Funny, so did I.

According to the article, though, a FFVII in the not-too-distant future doesn't sound unrealistic at all.

5. libregkd -

6. C This silence is mine

Amano's got some great art, but damn do they not work as portraits since they look nothing like the actual characters.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

8. A Zebra Chaser

The art in FFV for the phone looks terrible.
    When I saw it I thought it was a fan made remake form back when the game had no official English translation...
    So yeah, this sucks
    To bad we probably won't be seeing those 3ds remakes, it seems :/

9. jafar custom title

barf. can square enix just stop turning their properties into complete crap. like, fine. it's available on iOS. But they're just shoveling it out there, and it's not really compelling to me to just have this blatant disregard for their titles and their fans in favor of "let's try to attract the iOS gamer and completely not give any shits about the grave we're digging for ourselves" especially after the fiasco with All the Bravest, they've just turned into a company of get-rich-quick schemes. considering how they're removing the grinding and so on, yes, grinding is incredibly annoying, but it's just dumbed-down to attract ios gamers without like, making an effort to remake it with, well, respect towards the original. it's just a cash-in and i'm tired of title after title being treated this way.

10. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

I guess this is part of their plan for "urgent reform." And the prospect for a FFVII release on the phones is just screaming desperation.

Anyway, kinda saw this coming from a mile away, glad that FFVI isn't, well, at least forgotten about.

11. C This silence is mine

Out of curiosity, did you feel the same way when it was released on steam a couple of months back?

12. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Actually, I didn't know (or remember) that it was released on Steam, lol.

13. A Zebra Chaser

There's a precedent for releasing the game on steam, FFVII got a PC release back in the day

14. Sara Tea Drinker

I kinda feel bad, I know the fans have been screaming for a remake... And Square basically gave them a: "**** you, buy our new, crappy games and we'll give you the remakes you've been crying for for years."

Now this seems like another FU for anyone who wants the games. They can get them, but a severely downgraded version. And yes, I like the 16 bits better, and for some reason, I'm REALLY reluctant to hear what Dancing Mad sounds like on this, or Terra, my favorite songs of the game. I am going to give this a pass, along with FFVII. Give me HD or nothing, sorry Square. You can't keep on destroying the games I love and expect me to continue playing and buying them.

15. A Zebra Chaser

probably about identical

16. C This silence is mine

And? It's still just as desperate.

17. Fellangel Bichael May

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Squeenix already probably made the damn VII remake. It's just sitting inside of a glass case labeled "Break in case of bankruptcy."

18. A Zebra Chaser

Pretty sure that's FFVII you're thinking of

19. Fellangel Bichael May

Oh poo you're right. Forgot to mention that in my post. Kept thinking this was about VII since a lot of peeps were talking about it above me

20. Light-Rune Maven Seer

They need to stop making all these remakes just for IOS stuff. I don't have any of that smart phone I pad junk and I WANT THESE GAMES. I -JUST- got a 3DS, for my birthday last year, why are NONE of the classics coming out for it? KH has proven it has really good graphic capabilities. I just- UGH! Why is square wasting my money? I mean if they got the money then that's fine, I understand that, but I am pretty sure they don't get anything from the sales of PS4 or IPAD 65000000 or UUUUUUURRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! ....

Thankfully I already got FFV and FFVI as PS classics on PSN (though I have to get my PsP fixed) but seriously I think they should be considering this stuff instead of, "Oh, and for remakes of older games, we've got this Iphone game, and this Iphone game, and this Iphone game, and this Iphone game, and this Iphone game, and this Iphone game, and this Iphone game, and this Iphone game, and this Iphone game, and this Iphone game, and this Iphone game....
    (Seven hours later)
    ...and this Iphone game, and this Iphone game, and this Iphone game...

:|

They look cool though, and they'll probably make lots of money off of umm...

I now have another reason to want an IOS device.