Square-Enix Final Fantasy Agito Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Sep 11, 2013.

1. libregkd -

2. Arch Mana Knight

Hm. Not sure if this means Type-0 is getting localized. It used to be called Agito XIII. Just because it got renamed doesn't mean that "Agito" didn't show up in the main plot. Actually, it's an important element in Type-0 but I won't be spoiling that for everyone else.

3. libregkd -

4. Arch Mana Knight

Yeah. I know. ...I wonder how far this prequel will go. If it's based on the manga(which is canon so long as Tabata likes the story...which he does so far)...then Machina and Rem will really shine in the spotlight(again). If it's...

About another cycle or a period within one cycle...but before the main characters of Type-0 have their events play out...well...that would be really interesting.

Hm. So many options for a prequel. So very many. Type-0, by itself, has one of the largest and in-depth histories of all Final Fantasy games ever made.

5. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah, I agree, although unfortunate that the game itself garnered much less marketing attention than its Fabula Nova Crystallis brethren *coughlightningsagacough*.

But anyway, sounds neat. However, I also have a feeling that it still won't get localized anytime soon, hinting that they may have already scrapped their planned sequels with Type-1, Type-2, etc. through obtaining those domain names prior to the original game's release.

6. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

7. libregkd -

8. Arch Mana Knight

So apparently the story seems to be...in an earlier cycle than Type-0's story(a translation I found implies that this is the first cycle). It looks like Ace is the only character in Class 0 while everyone else is in other classes. (Machina and Nine are in Class 2, Rem and Seven are in Class 7, etc)

Oh and...

*sigh*

9. Arch Mana Knight

Looky, a real trailer:

And apparently, I was right. According to an interview(which I forgot where it was) with Tabata, this really is the first cycle. Of course, this means very little to the people who don't understand the story of Type-0. Basically, this game both is and isn't a prequel to Type-0.

10. Arch Mana Knight

Not sure how I feel about them using this music. Though it is in Type-0(if only to make you more depressed about the ending). Oh well, at least this game seems to be much happier than Type-0. At least, for now...

11. Arch Mana Knight

Oh look. New trailer from TGS.

Totally more relevant than XV and Type-0. Still, I love that they use in the video. Oh and two characters from Type-0, . Basically, this game still exists.

12. libregkd -

13. Arch Mana Knight

Bump? Bump.

The game is coming to Windows 10 PCs. No word on when, however. I don't know how I managed to miss this piece of old news.

Source: Siliconera