Square-Enix FF13 Party Formation?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ReverofEnola, May 29, 2014.

1. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

What characters did you most commonly use in FF13 and what formation what was your favorite using when using the paradigm roles?

2. A Zebra Chaser

Fang Lightning Hope
    Pretty much the objectively best late game party unless you needed Vanille to spam Death or Snow to abuse his stun attacks

3. Antidote Façade

^ Exactly this.

I played around with paradigms often but it was mostly;

Lightning - Ravager/Sentinel
    Hope - Medic/Synergist
    Fang - Commando

4. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

man, my party was weird
    because i didn't like using Fang, lol

my party was Hope/Lightning/Snow

i played as Hope because he was an idiot otherwise

Hope - Med/Syn/Rav/Sab
    Lightning - Com/Med/Syn/Sab
    Snow - Sen/Com/Med/Sab

sab is important i tell you

5. A Zebra Chaser

Not that weird, you just dropped Fang for the next person on the tier list. Your party would be weird if you has Sazh Vanille and Hope

6. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

i considered sazh, but then i realized he was comedic relief
    and vanille is just...subpar
    she's there if you don't like hope

7. A Zebra Chaser

Vanille and Sazh make up for their awful animation lag with unique abilities. Sazh's blitz can be the msot damaging attack in the game against giant enemies, for example, and Vanille has Death (her casting speed isn't that horrible, either)
    Snow runs into the problem that only his health is in any way noteworthy. Hope is hands down the best caster, with the fastest magic animation speed, and highest magic stat, Fang is basically that with physical attacks, and Lightning is versatile enoguh to be decent at either, basically making them the best party for nearly any situation

8. Patman Bof

Fang Lightning Hope.

I played as Fang since she hits the hardest, has the most HP (which seems relevant considering the leader isn' t allowed to die in that game), and has a ******ed synergist AI. Yeah, everyone has a ******ed IA in one way or another, but she' s the only one who can throw Brave2 and Faith2 and they' re the biggest time savers. Left on her own she would favor Bravega and Faithga.

I would sometimes switch Hope for Vanille if I either needed the HP boost or a better sab. I tried switching him with Snow : he' s a slower staggerer, but having the best com com com trio at my disposal might make it worth it. It did save some time against the Adamankhelone, but barely. Best to stick with Hope overall.

On the rare occasions sentinels (plural) were required I' d switch Lightning with Snow.