Square-Enix FF: Type-0

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingdom_hearts_loverXX, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Patman Bof

2. libregkd -

3. libregkd -

4. Patman Bof

I never understood that excuse. Sure, the PSP had just been discontinued, but there were still as many PSP owners out there as when they released BBS a few months before, they didn' t go poof. PSP games were still on the shelves of every retailer out there, hell, they still are at my local store. Despite the piracy issues on that console if I am to believe those BBS sales figures, though they aren' t astronomical, they don' t look worth sneezing at either and were more than doubled outside of Japan. Type 0 seemed to have as much sex appeal for fans than BBS, so what goes ? I assume they had to choose their priorities since releasing a game costs money (as profitable as you know that game would be) and SE was kinda broke back then. That' s the only way to put it that makes sense to me.

5. Patman Bof

US Gamer posted the whole interview with Tabata.

So basically the magic 8 ball from their Western offices weren' t predicting sales figures big enough to their tastes so they thought **** it, we' ll just wait and see if the Vita park grows bigger than the PSP park someday.

I have zero interest for Agito, mobile/social games aren' t exactly my cup of tea, but since its existence is now apparently the only reason that makes them seriously consider releasing Type 0 on the Vita despite its crappy park (#unmodifiedhonesty) I' m suddenly glad they' re making Agito.
    Though I suspect I won' t be able to afford a Vita for a veeeery long time. T-T

6. A Zebra Chaser

Well there's always the Vita TV

7. Patman Bof

I vaguely heard of it, I' ve just looked it up. If Type 0 is compatible and it' s released in Europe at about the same price as in Japan it would be perfect for me. I' ll wait and see ...

8. Arch Mana Knight

Been a long time since this thread got any news. The fan translation of the game is almost complete. It'll be out August 8th of this year. Operation Doomtrain, the team working on this, even released a trailer for their translation.

Source

And Machina laying the smackdown on Gilgamesh is always satisfying to watch.

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Ooh, consider my interest piqued. I forgot this game existed, and I didn't even know there was a fan translation in progress! I might have to keep my eye on this especially if they decide they want to do a fandub as well

...wait doesn't everyone die in this one *SHOT*

10. Arch Mana Knight

Not the two "main-est" characters, Machina and Rem. For a long while it was thought the canon ending was the really happy anime-style high school bonus ending where everyone's alive and everything is awesome normal because there's no magic crystals around. Then later on that was revealed by the director...that it was just a "what if" ending. At least, I think that was said. It's been a long time since I've read anything on which ending is canon.

Anyways, Square's actually pretty much finished the localization of Type-0...except for actually localizing it. For the longest time we've been hearing that voicework for the English version of the game was finished. Oh well. At least we're getting a fan translation. Only available for hacked PSPs though which, unfortunately, mine is not.

11. Jin うごかないで

I forgot all about localization of this since I played the jap version getting through it by pure luck and instinct really. The fan translation has been still in progress they stopped progress when hearing about the localization last I remember during 2012 then from there when I finished the game I never looked back :\

12. Antidote Façade

I don't even know why they've drawn this whole thing out so long. The game has been done for ages. This should have been ported to the Vita/PS3 a long time ago.

At this point, I'm not interested in waiting any longer for them to pull their fingers out of their asses. I'll go with the fan translation.

13. Darkandroid Gets it Together

14. C This silence is mine

Praise the Gooch and screw your fan translations!

I'm excite. Still do feel bad about the fan translation, that was just released a couple of days ago.

15. libregkd -

16. Ghost King's Apprentice

Man, I totally forgot about this game. I'm so pumped now! (now I need to steal a game system)
    I remember when I first heard about it then didn't hear about it being released in the west. I was sad.

17. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Wow... didn't see that coming. Not complaining though. Heard great things about it, so I really look forward to playing it on the PS4 someday.

18. Arch Mana Knight

Being the biggest Type-0 fan on KHV...you guys have no idea how I reacted to seeing this news on Kotaku when I came home.

It's a shame that I already know the entire story. But oh well. I get to cry again when I play it for the first time HD.

Edit: It's only coming for PS4/Xbox One. Not Vita. The Vita listing was a mistake. [DOUBLEPOST=1402507557][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's some images for you guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And once again I'm going to state here that Type-0 HD is not coming out for Vita. Just PS4 and Xbox One. Though I suppose you could play it on a Vita through remote play.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I like the new logo more than the old logo. Red is a color I associate most with this game considering that's basically its primary color for the characters. And I'm not sure about the font choice of "HD".

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  19. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

TOOK LONG ENOUGH

Seriously. I'd forgotten the game existed until this was announced.

20. Patman Bof

Incidentally, I was thinking of PMing you to ask if the fanslation is complete. Now that I' ve read this I think I' ll pass and wait a lil' longer. xD