Square-Enix Favorite Final Fantasy Villian?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ReverofEnola, May 4, 2014.

1. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Who is your favorite final fantasy villain and why?
    [​IMG]
    (Note: Villians aren't limited to these guys)​

2. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Not sure if there was already a thread about this....buuuuutt....

Caius Ballad.
    WARNING Might contain spoilers
    Reasons: He's the only one; aside from Noel, who actually has a decent back-story and a reason for what he's doing as a villain. Want to know something else? When you think about it, he's not really a villian when you sit down and digest the story of XIII-2. He becomes a more sympathetic antagonist, whom despite him no longer caring of what happens to time and space, he just ultimately wants to do two things: A) Keep Yeul from dying & B) Thinks of his Guardianship as a curse, thus begins to instigate Noel to strip him of his Heart of Chaos(Noel is his successor).

So although he's selfish, through his perception, he is doing all of this for a good reason.

(Golbez is my 2nd fav)

3. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Wait why Golbez?

4. Glen Returned from the dead

Caius Ballad. All. The. Way.

Caius has fast become my favourite final fantasy character altogether. His english voice is one of my favourite voice actors, he looks badass as f*** when he's fighting, and seriously his backstory has got to be one of my most liked ones I've ever seen! He's not your typical villain, wanting world domination/eradication of everything for selfish reasons, in a way he's actually one of the good guys, his actions just aren't necessarily "good" most of the time. People can bash on the FFXIII series all they like, but if it weren't for that series Caius wouldn't exist so I for one am thankful that they were made!

5. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

So how interested were you in the FFXIII series before Caius and who were your favorite villains then?