Favorite Comic Book Villains

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by LARiA, Jun 9, 2012.

1. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

I searched a favorite X-Men villain and was met with this. Many laughs were had. That goofy dance, I don't even...

Who are your favorite comic book villains? I am not very well-versed in comic books, though interest has been kindling high for a long while now. Even so, I have a few favorite villains. The Joker is a card, but Magneto trumps still. As for why - the Joker is the Joker, 'nuff said. What's not to love about demented clowns? (see: Hisoka, Kafka, Pennywise)
    And Magneto is MASTER OF MAGNET. The lines in that game were adorably lame. On a more serious note, I rather like him despite his gawky outfit. I've a soft spot for extremist characters fighting for another group's survival, villainy with good intentions; misguided or not, the sentiment is what matters. The bucket-headed man is highly relatable in his cynicism.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Saruman .

3. jafar custom title

4. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

[​IMG]

Slade Wilson, a.k.a. Deathstroke the Terminator.

He fucked a teenager.

6. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Harley Quinn is totally whacked out.

I love her.

7. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

The Joker (DC) and Loki (Marvel)

8. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Joker is one of the first great comic book villains, and has remained on top ever since. To be honest, he's better nowadays then ever before in my opinion.

I agree with Magneto too, he has a most unique origins that explains him rather well.

Galactus is also an interesting one, the Consumer of Worlds, from a time before the Big Bang, led directly by hunger alone.

9. Yozora Archer

I don't read comics (though I do have a few with me), but I'd have to say Slade.

@Pawn - Galactus is not a villain?

10. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

My favorite would have to be Loki

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Not to mention when he defeated the League within the League: Elongated Man, Flash (Wally West), Hawkman, Atom, Zatanna, Green Arrow, and Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner). He almost overwillpowered Green Lantern! It wasn't for a cheap shot by Green Arrow, Deathstroke would have won.

12. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Bane. He broke the bat. I hate the bat.

13. Patman Bof

I mainly watched the movies, Magneto and Heath Ledger' s Joker are my favorites too. Otherwise, although it' s not a comic per say and the movie was so-so, I liked the final scene in Unbreakable in which the villain reveals himself.

[video=youtube;Tmzbosye2-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmzbosye2-Y[/video]

14. Team Rocket, but same for me. (Why should I nitpick though, i have to spend half an hour writing my post now because of the fact i have to Google half the words I'm using because spell check cant pick up what I'm trying to type!)

15. rikusorakairiown Destiny Islands Resident

Zoom.

plsdonutjudge.

16. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Oh, also The Darkness from The Darkness.

The mind ripping, blood thirsty, brutally efficient, god like, voice whipsering in your head who does things so sickly and enjoys every minute. A force of nature.
    I love this quote, it encompasses The Darkness completely:
    'I'm not the devil. I was only his teacher.'

Technically villain. Destroys planets, saps life and consumes it without remorse. Sure, not an obvious one, but good guys fight him (and even villains) and that makes him an antagonist enough to be a villain.

17. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

As far as complexity goes, Batman villains are the best. Joker's an obvious and classic choice, but he truly is a great villain.
    I always liked Mr. Freeze from the Batman cartoons (Batman Beyond included). You could at least get his motives.

I've noticed that I'm more of a DC kind of guy. While I do love Marvel comics/movies, most villains are really cliché. Magneto is an exception though.
    General Zod from Superman is pretty cool, even though he is somewhat cliché haha.

The Watchmen 'villain' was also a really cool twist. Though I will not talk about it because of obvious spoilers.
    I preferred him in the movie though.

Unbreakable is a great movie and is extremely underrated. I actually liked the twist in the end.

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Understandable. I was comparing Marvel and DC with a friend the other day, and we were talking about how it's not really a competition between the two (though I'm sure as businesses, they don't see it that way) since they excel in different areas. Marvel with movies, DC with animation, for example. But one thing I love about DC over Marvel is that DC doesn't simply give you a "bad guy" for a villain. DC excels in villains. Hell, I remember the holiday in the DCU where they celebrated fallen heroes (Superman visited his dad grave because that's his hero ; ; )The Flash's Rogues visited the original Captain Boomerang's grave, along with his son and successor (who was a semi-hero, mind you) and paid their respects. Most Marvel villains don't have that kind of characterization.

19. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Honestly, Marvel characters in general don't get enough characterization. I think it returns to the whole quantity/quality thing. Marvel has just way too many characters they need to focus on. While the newest movies do give some characters justice, I don't think it'll ever be enough. Like I said, I LOVE Marvel. I've been borrowing some marvel comics from my friends and they're loads of fun to read, and I love the movies, but man DC is just no contest when it comes to its characters. I've been watching the Justice League animated series recently and holy **** is it good.
    I just wish DC would make a decent movie already that isn't Batman >_> Oh well, I guess I'll just keep watching DC Animation ;~;

Characterization is really important to me. It's what made The Avengers movie so great, and lots of fun to watch.

20. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I think Marvel just love making up names for characters and super powers to use. THey have good main characters that are focused on, but the rest are too blandish.