Even I admit this needs to stop

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Iskandar, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I don't care what people say about if the movie makes money they should keep going. This franchise needs to stop before they complete murder it and can't save it. And I'm talking about Transformers. I like the first three movies, the fourth one, not so much; it wasn't horrible, but it was pretty "meh" compared to the others....actually, so was Dark of the Moon, but that had a good cast besides Labeouf. If they somehow manage to mess up this next film with these writers as well, I'm just going to never visit a movie theater when these movies are released. This series is going to end up having more films than Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or Fast and the Furious at this rate

http://www.dayherald.com/mark-wahlberg-indicates-michael-bays-return-to-transformers-5/3622/2/

2. 61 No. B

um

what

3. Fearless A good and beautiful child

This, pretty much.

The only Transformers film I can even stomach is the first one, and even then it falls under 'So Bad It's Hilarious' for me.

4. Hayabusa Venomous

Age of Extinction was probably the best film in the series.

The series of action films overstuffed with stories nobody cared about featuring characters nobody liked filled with jokes nobody laughed at and special effects nobody applauded.

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

...what?
    I thought it was the worst of the series.
    Granted, I haven't seen the first in...a really long time and I only saw Dark of the Moon once.
    but...still, Age of Extinction was just horrible beyond belief for me.

6. Hayabusa Venomous

You can't seriously think Revenge of the Fallen was better.

Sam's mom ate pot brownies and become hyper because lol drugs.

They had every cliche college joke possible.

Shia LaBeouf made out with a robo-slut.

The Fallen's plan was to kill the Milky Way's sun because fuck it he's evil and doesn't want to just go somewhere else.

Two of the "good guys" are full on racial stereotypes who can't read.

Some poor soul actually animated a gigantic robot's testicles.

Nickleback was in the soundtrack.

Among the pile of shit, Revenge is the smelliest. Age of Extinction at least had robot dinosaurs that breath fire. And Stanley Tucci. Remember how much of the first film was just human BS and not even giant robots kicking each others' asses?

7. 61 No. B

I still haven't seen it and I can't think of a time or mood I could possibly be in where I would want to.
    While the franchise is terrible, there are a couple things about the third that I like. I like the direction Sam seems to be going in the first 10 minutes. After that his arc is completely dropped and he's back to being stale nothing. I like the initial scope of the invasion. Seeing the city being invaded by transformers with ships in the sky is at least a cool image and I like the very bleak tone it has when they're going into the city. After that it becomes gratuitous and disgusting and offensive to my eyes. That's it.

8. Arch Mana Knight

Still don't understand why Bumblebee was turned into a "cool" character. Hot Rod existed for exactly that purpose.

9. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Dude. It has been murder, butchered, had it's limbs transported to six of the seven continents, and feed to the most deadly carnivores on said continents; had the feces of those predators collected, combined together to make a manure golem animated by Jewish mystics, walked onto a rocket that was then launched into space with a direct course for the sun.

10. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I thought maknig 3 films was pushing it personally... I didn't understand how they even managed a fourth. But I am also a bit worried about the continuation of Pirates of the Carribean, please don't beat a dead horse ;-; I liked those films.

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Yeah, I agree with the Pirates of the Caribbean too. I enjoyed the last one, but it didn't have the greatness as the other three. Though have they even begun work on a fifth?
    Fire-breathing dinosaurs and Stanley Tucci do not help with a rough-as-bricks script as that movie. I couldn't even tell who was supposed to be "good" or "bad" in the fourth film, given how they kept going back and forth

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

And Age of Extinction was still worse.
    Robot dinosaurs did not save the movie. If anything, the way they used them made the film worse.

13. Hayabusa Venomous

I didn't say the film was "good", just "better" than the others.

Revenge of the Fallen was definitely, infinitely, the worst film.

But I don't care to further debate that, since we're all in agreement they need to stop.

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Am I the only one that actually kinda liked Revenge of the Fallen? It might not have been perfect, but at least the action scenes were decently shot....though the final fight is a letdown. I don't know, it's got problems, but I just watch it because I think it's got some of the better action scenes. Maybe I'm just a sucker for scenes where there's not much dialogue and drama......oh wait, there is that one scene....

I'm going back and forth on this a lot

15. Hayabusa Venomous

The only redeemable part of Revenge was the forest fight, and even that only happened due to convolution and idiotic writing.

16. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

I would also have to agree about Pirates of the Caribbean , apparently they have begun development for the 5th film and some websites even say it has a 2017 release date , but from what I read the development of the film keeps on getting delayed

17. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I know there will be one... I think D: as far as I know, may have changed.

18. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Fast and Furious announced an eighth film, which is simply disrespectful to Paul Walker, his character, and the ending of the last movie.

The point of bringing that up is that it isn't shocking or even surprising anymore what people will do to make money. Pirates of the Caribbean should have only been a single movie, Transformers should have been a trilogy at best, and some things just need to die. But the producers, actors and directors don't see that. They see an enormous, forest green cash cow that they will milk until it literally collapses at their feet. Then they will toss it into a lake, let it wallow and get some last entertainment out of it until it drowns. So don't be surprised if suddenly everyone is mimicking Harry Potter and coming out with six or seven movies. It's all about the moolah.

19. Iskandar King of Conquerors

It's not disrespectful to Paul Walker at all to make another Fast and Furious film. I can't go into a huge thing about this because me and words don't mix, but don't you remember the whole hiatus after Paul Walker's accident? One of the things being talked about was whether or not they even continue past the 7th film, or shoot the film to begin with. They had to switch the stuff around a bit, but the Fast and Furious films were going to continue, with or without him. Plus, they're bringing Paul Walker's brother into the next films as far as I've heard. If you find it that bad, talk to Vin Deisel, who even gave a quote on F8

“Well, I was trying to keep it close to the vest throughout the release. Paul Walker used to say that eight was guaranteed. And in some ways, when your brother guarantees something, you sometimes feel like you have to make sure it comes to pass.” Diesel added, “So if fate has it, F8…if fate has it, then you’ll get this when you hear about it. Seven was for Paul, eight is from Paul.”

20. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

That could be Vin Deisel saying that in order to justify the decision to make another. Furious 7 has made over 1.5 billion dollars wordwide as of yesterday.

And honestly the fact that Paul Walker's brother played him and continues to play him is unfathomable to me. He might choose to say that it's honoring his brother, but I can't imagine the decision comes down to more then money and fame. How many movies would he have been asked to be in before this?
    Cody Walker is slated for F8 and another movie in 2016. Doubt that would have happened if his brother wasn't deceased.

AND Vin Deisel brought up Paul Walker in his speech to announce F8. Looking at the numbers, none of the Furious movies had done half as well as F7 before his death. All of them became more popular afterwards. They're just using it as a way to get more attention, and it's honestly awful. I would love to see otherwise, but people are just awful, and that's the way it is.