English Voices and Text Already in 2.5

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Explode, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Explode Who?!

I honestly prefer Meaghan Jette Martin a little over Brittany Snow, it's just a little weird to have both in the same game.

Xion's voice is fine. It's not a very demanding role. Whether it's intentional or not, the emptiness kind of works.

Terra is maybe my least favorite in the series, but he's usually alright. He handles the loud parts and the quiet parts excellently (better than the Japanese, in my opinion), but doesn't really know what to do with his voice in the grey areas. Aqua on the other hand has one of my favorite voices in the series. A little rough around the edges (in terms of professional training), but I find it very genuine and endearing.

2. Dredica SNES was the best.

Totally agree with what you said about Terra's voice. I felt like when there wasn't much emotional demand from him, the voice acting wasn't nearly as powerful, but I thought that was actually fitting since he's a far more emotional character. Terra was the perfect example of giving into those dark emotions that gets you possessed by old baldy. For me, his role didn't really call for the normal-toned sequences, so I only paid attention when he let his anger or resentment get the best of him, and, like you said, he did an excellent job at doing so.

The only reason why I mention Xion is because I didn't ever play the actual game, only watched the 358/2 Days movie. So I suppose my expectations were for superb voice acting from all parts since Square presented it like an actual movie experience but ehh. I didn't get behind the emptiness in her voice because I felt as if her, Axel, Roxas, and Namine's whole purpose is to show the emotional aspects of Nobodies and it just threw me off to get a more empty voice when her dialogue was pretty emotional at times.

I'll agree that Aqua's voice was very endearing, but it seemed to stay that way throughout the course of the game, so at times it felt forced and off. Like even in the Realm of Darkness she keeps up the same voice that was affectionately lecturing Ventus at the game's beginning. It worked extremely well in the scenes where her voice needed to be endearing, but she never seemed to get away from that.

3. A Zebra Chaser

Hey look, we can finally put to rest that weird idea that Haley can't do Sora's voice anymore, and acknowlegde that his voice in DDD was him trying to sound younger
    Well two things
    first off, English text barely takes up any space at all. Think about a text document, even with huge amounts of text they don't get very big
    On the data thing, it's because removing things can have a major impact on the rest of the data in unforseen ways, so it's far safer to just leave the unused data in, only going out of your way to remove it if it's a space issue (and even then that tends to be dealt with by replacing the existing files with dummy files)

4. Dredica SNES was the best.

I understand the idea of the text file being too small to even worry about, but the latter half of your answer clarified why they'd leave the extra work in there. I guess I see the problem of removing unused data now as like uninstalling a mod mid-way throughout your save; one tiny script change can mess everything up. That's actually been something I've wondered about for a while, so thanks for answering that.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

I haven't played Dream Drop Distance, but that was an issue?

6. A Zebra Chaser

he uses the same voice as in Re:Coded, if that helps

7. Antidote Façade

I'm going to refrain from watching the new scenes until the release :X It was cool playing through KHII:FM+ with the English patch, but I'm so excited to see the new scenes with full voice acting. It is a bit of a mess having two VAs for one character in the same game, though.