Driving moments

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Iskandar, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

This is one of those moments where you just wonder how people survive in the Houston area. Last Saturday, I took the prius in because the oil needed to be changed (which is probably the single most expensive thing I've ever paid for on that car...and it's not even mine), and when I leave to go home after it's done, I have to get on Interstate 10 to get to a street to turn around, and when I get to the stoplight, some lady ends up getting behind me, and not 2 seconds before waiting, she actually honks at me. I'm just sitting there wondering what she's honking about, since it was a red light and I couldn't see the side of the street where the cars were coming, so I wasn't going to turn on the red, and in the review mirror I see the lady making hand gestures like "Oh my God, what's wrong with this person?". I know, because I do the same thing sometimes. I just love that someone is actually going to honk at me while I'm waiting at a Red light. I ended up going before it went green because I managed to see the other lights go red, but I should have waited longer just to mess with that old lady.

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Were you going right? If so, that may have been why. You can make free rights on red as long as you stop first (as if the red light were a stop sign).

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I know how to drive. But going on a right is only if it's safe to do so. It's not a wise idea to be making rights if you can't see any traffic coming from the left

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

^This

You CAN go left too, according to my Driverms Ed teacher

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

sure, if you're in Europe or anywhere else where driving is opposite of America. But you don't do left because you're driving right in the middle of traffic. And unless you want to be t-boned, and a bunch of other things too, I wouldn't recommend it.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

Well, in America, too, if it's a one-way street/road.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

We were talking about streets with stop lights a minute ago, not one way streets. Plus, with one way streets, most often, you'll end up at a stop sign when you're turning onto a new road, unless it's a T, and you're not on the stop sign end, you'll be turning left onto your side, but you still have to wait for someone to pass if they're coming up and are too close on the opposite side of the road. Otherwise, like I said, you get T-boned. And you're the one that gets the tickets, and paying the money to fix both cars, because you're the one that ignored the rules of the road

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

There are stop lights at intersections that are one-way. If you're coming down a one-way, you can make a free left if what you're turning onto is also a one-way in that direction. Portland is famous for places like that.

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I seriously doubt there are many of those in America, if any. Most one way streets have stop signs instead of lights. There's no point in putting lights there most of the time because they aren't busy enough, or if they are, there are two one-way sides for both directions.