Fandub Dream Drop Distance: [KHV] Promotional Video - IMPORTANT Update

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Mike, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

"The dubbed trailer will be set to release from us between Dec 28-Jan 1st 2012."

...I think something's up here. Shouldn't who is taking who delayed? Because for what I understood here the dubbed trailer should be up later today.

2. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

Hmm...it is a bit weird that the video is taking this long to be completed. Maybe it's going to be released during the day light hours to get the most views? I mean what better way to celebrate the New Year than with a fan dub? Either way there is still a day left, if it's still not up then for sure something is up.

3. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Yeah, I haven't see Mike for a while, probably he's working hard. Let us wait some news today. For sure something will come up.

4. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

I talked to Mike on Skype a couple of days back he let me listen to a sneak peak of the trailer with Yin Sid.

IT. WAS. AWESOME!

5. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

O_O
    Wanna watch it. NAO.

I can imagine it. It really should be great, I always enjoyed the fan dub videos. =)

6. chibiwings Traverse Town Homebody

Awesome. ^.^

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

... *sits awkwardly waiting for the video*

8. redhairedking Traverse Town Homebody

I hope the video is posted soon. I am anxious to see how it turned out.

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Hrm, I seem not to have gotten my pin yet, either, even though I requested it. .o.

10. StrawhatSoul Merlin's Housekeeper

I have a theory about why the trailer is being put out late.
    I auditioned myself, and as such, I received a pin saying that I auditioned. I was curious about what other pins were available, and I stumbled across the pin that is for people who are in the fan-dub.
    When I saw all 8 people who got this pin, they received it January of last year (2011). I think, rather than the full trailer, the video Mike will post will be an announcement trailer saying who was cast and that the full trailer will be released once everyone has done their lines. After the announcement, everyone who got a part will receive a pin.
    Also, with so many roles, I doubt that the 8 minute trailer can be done in a period of 3 days.
    This is a just a theory, but hopefully we'll soon find out if this is true or not.

11. redhairedking Traverse Town Homebody

I believe Mike had said the trailer would be online by now, but I understand what you are saying. I was actually surprised when he gave such an early release date because I did not think everyone could record their lines in time.

12. StrawhatSoul Merlin's Housekeeper

I know, it seems unlikely, but you never know.
    There may be another reason I've found. Fans who wanted to audition for this fan-dub have the option to post an audition from other KH websites. On the announcment post Mike made before Christmas, he said he's expceting auditions from not only kh-vids, but also from the VAA (voice acting alliance). He also pointed out that a khinsider member sent an audition as well.
    So, fans from other websites have the option to audition, so it is possible that members not on kh-vids might have gotten some roles, explaining the lack of pins received.
    Again, this is just a theory, and this is an addition to "said" theory.

13. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

I've said it before and I'll say it again,

I'M ON PINS AND NEEDLES HERE!

I really hope I get chosen!

14. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

Hmm...Hey NemesisPrime that preview Mike showed you the other day was it already voiced in English by a fan dub member? If it was then it means he already chose at least some of the cast (or all, though I'm more leaning towards all since I've never seen an incomplete cast list before). What I'm thinking is that someone didn't turn in their lines for the trailer yet, most likely Mike gave them until the 1st to do so and now is the 1st day of it being late.
    Oh and if anyone is actually in the fan dub reading this can you at least tell us if you guys got an email with a cast list/lines? I know Mike sometimes says not to release stuff he posts in his emails but the video is late...a simple yes or no on if you received such an email will suffice.

15. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I didn't get an email, but the lines I sent in for Sora were the only lines he had in the whole script.

16. StrawhatSoul Merlin's Housekeeper

So, judging by what you said, you just sent in the audition lines, much like everyone who auditioned for Sora (of course.)
    I'm pretty sure we'll find out why Mike is taking a while to get this video announcment and/or trailer out.

17. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well, I sent in an extra line of two to show that I could do his voice, but he could still just use the audition lines. Hopefully, we'll hear about it sometime in the next day or so, but until then we can only wait and see. I think it's probably because of people being late on sending in their lines, but that's just me.

18. chibiwings Traverse Town Homebody

Or maybe he hasn't chosen a couple roles yet. I can imagine that A LOT of people auditioned for this. There are a lot of people at Voice Acting Alliance who audition for roles every single day. It's a busy website. I've been going there to audition for different things for several days now. So Mike is probably just trying to make a decision from the heap of auditions that he received. Or maybe not enough people auditioned, which happens sometimes with casting anything in the acting world. (I doubt that happened though lol It's KH for crying out loud XD )

19. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

Yes, the Yin Sid voice WAS in english.

But nothing else, didn't hear anyone else.

20. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

When I say incomplete cast list I mean it only towards the fan dubs run by Mike. What I mean by "...I've never seen an incomplete cast list" is that he usually emails only the people who got the final roles the characters they're playing as and the lines needed for the complete trailer. However, in my experience from past productions with Mike I've never seen him send that email with a role left blank, all the roles are usually filled. Though this is all speculation, he could very well be trying to decide who gets which role, in fact now that I think about it if the lines NemesisPrime heard from the preview were just Yen Sid's audition lines it could've just meant that Mike was testing out that VA for the role and wanted NemesisPrime's opinion, which pretty much collapses my whole theory...or maybe this is all a test and he is just watching us try to figure out what's taking so long *looks around all paranoid-like* XD