Square-Enix Drakengard 3 Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Mar 12, 2013.

1. libregkd -

2. C This silence is mine

Woah. Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I never thought we'd see another Cavia (basically one anyway) game, and I've been going around craving one for the past weeks! Been thinking that at the very least they could make some HD collection of the original two Drakengard games. This is the best outcome possible, will be buying this for sure.

Apperantly this is the main character:
    [​IMG]
    Can't wait to see how messed up she is, if this is a true Drakengard game. The flower eye is pretty interesting to boot.

3. libregkd -

4. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I'm going to make a guess and say the price for Zero's pact is the loss of her right eye. That's the only thing I feel justify's the flower, it's an eye patch.

I'm pretty curious of this game to say the least. Sure the Drakengard games aren't good in any sense, but they have a sort of lovable charm regarding them. Especially the first one. But who knows how this'll turn out.

5. libregkd -

6. C This silence is mine

Man, this game looks like ****. I'm getting it Day 1! Maybe it's a joke, the visuals are supposed to reflect what you're feeling. i.e. The graphics look like **** and you feel like **** playing the game. It's the perfect plan, really. So stoked that it's no longer a portable game (if it was at one point)!

7. burnitup Still the Best 1973

8. libregkd -

9. libregkd -

10. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Game looks pretty good graphically. Which isn't saying much because graphics aren't really the games' strong suit. Also, I wonder why characters in this game are numbers. Seems a little odd. :\

11. libregkd -

12. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Too bad no word on localization.... Come on XSEED.... Come on.... I don't even like you, but do the right thing and start redeeming yourself.

13. libregkd -

14. C This silence is mine

If only the localisation of this game could be as good as Nier's. If only. I have no doubt that it's going to be localised though.

15. libregkd -

16. C This silence is mine

17. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

18. C This silence is mine

According to this it will only be released digitally in Europe. There goes my plan of getting multiple copies.

19. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Well good news, you have a PS3 with no region lock.... HOWEVER

HARD COPIES OF THE GAME WILL ONLY BE OBTAINABLE THROUGH THE SQUARE-ENIX WEBSITE

[​IMG]
    So basically what this means is that copies will most likely be printed to order or at least in very minimal amounts, in order to get the most profit possible. Guys, this game's value is going to spike. HARD. I highly suggest preordering this one if you have any interest in ever playing this game because you will never find it cheaper than the launch price. This is coming from a serious collector here. I mean it, get ready for an EarthBound level of rare game.

I'm personally grabbing two copies and keeping one in the plastic so I can make a good amount on it if I ever get low on cash.

20. C This silence is mine

Sure, my PS3 is region free, but they are selling it exclusively on the Square Enix store in NA. Which doesn't ship to Europe. So we can't buy it firsthand. Not to mention that Digital River is in charge of the SE store, who were behind disasters like Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition and Tales of Xillia Collectors Edition. Copies never showing up, never answering emails or phonecalls, charging the money to you account when you pre-order (they've probably already charged you for the games), among other things.

I think I'll just import a Japanese copy for my collection and buy it digitally.