Does anyone know of some good animes to watch?

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by CloakedThunder, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Janime6 the truest queen of them all

monogatari
    oregairu
    love live
    the devil is a part-timer (hataraku maou-sama)
    love live
    fate/zero and fate/stay night (2014/2015)
    hunter x hunter (2011) - this sounds like something you'd wanna start with, from your interests
    love live
    k-on
    steins;gate
    idolmaster (cinderella gorls still airing)
    chaika
    love live
    ore monogatari (airing)
    shokugeki no soma (airing)
    log horizon
    monster musume, shimoseka, and jitsu wa (airing)

idk for great kick-ass shonen like ur interests go HxH (2011)

bikini warriors (airing)
    love live

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

It's worth it to at least see the fight scenes. Yes, the ending is crappy and the writers deserve to burn a little for it, but at least the rest of the show is good, especially the actors for the characters, even Black Star's actor was good with his character

3. Hayabusa Venomous

I still enjoyed the anime a lot, obviously enough to recommend it.
    Why not do both anime and manga?

4. 61 No. B

well thats kind of my point. if you're just getting interested in the series, i think the manga is the obvious one to go with. i didnt say there was no value or zero entertainment to be had in it -- i did both -- but the manga is inarguably the better one in this case, so by comparison i dont think the anime has much to offer. The anime stopped before the best parts in the series. everything after the anime is the good stuff basically.

5. Hayabusa Venomous

In contrast, I far prefer anime to manga because of all the obvious stuff: animation, voice acting, music, color. I value these a lot, even if it means retreading the same story at times.

What I'd love above all is if there was a new anime that adapted what the manga went on to do.

6. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Love, Chuunibyou, and Other Delusions (the sequel series is okay)
    Golden Time
    Bamboo Blade
    Psycho-Pass
    Log Horizon
    Gourmet Girl Graffiti
    Silver Spoon
    Deadman Wondeland
    School Rumble

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

the naruto fillers

8. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

Thanks everyone for the anime suggestions, I really appreciate them, I'll try and watch as many of them as I can.

9. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

A little known fact; the anime is actually called "Filler", and it occasionally shows Naruto episodes.

The Devil is a Partimer (Funny, good story.)

Hunter x Hunter (Gory but awesome.)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. (This one is absolutely fantastic and should be number one everywhere.)

Fairy Tale (Not everyone's cup of tea, but the characters are loveable, there is a lot of humor, and the emotional tugging can be quite good. The music is also unique from other shonen, not counting Naruto.

Dragon Ball Super (Set after Majinn Boo was defeated. I wasn't into the old Dragon Ball Z, but after watching Battle of the Gods, which is pretty awesome, this anime has definitely rekindled my interest. It's funny, the voice acting is decent this time around, and the animation is true to the old series. If you haven't seen Dragon Ball it might be confusing.)

10. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

I see what you did there.

11. Janime6 the truest queen of them all

i just listed some animoo that i like

12. 61 No. B

For me all of this is secondary to story. The meat, the actual content of the thing. I prefer comics because they give me more control over the experience. I don't need voice acting, music, animation, or even color if the story itself is doing it's job and sucking me into the world it creates. A preference is a preference, but I would encourage anyone who doesn't have a preference to research each variation and determine which medium they would like to experience a thing in as much as I would discourage being averse to reading. Comics are often likened to story boards. They are snapshots of events for the reader to visualize and fill in the gaps. Manga's approach to the comic is even more reader-friendly. It (generally) uses more space to illustrate motion and dynamic interaction with more intuitive panel layout on each page resulting in a more immediate understanding with fewer gaps needing filled. I understand that words on a page can be a pretty intimidating thing, but comics aren't actual books and are very easy (and super fun) to read. For my entertainment, there's really no reason to not read them. I get bored sitting and watching something.

i mean isn't that what all of these ongoing series are doing? or are you talking about SE? sure yeah i'd love to see it adapted fully. make a new one from the beginning so all of that infinitely inferior bs from the original show doesn't matter at all

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  13. Hayabusa Venomous

Bruh, I took a college course on comic creation and made my own super short comic series, so I know all about the fill-in-the-gaps and storyboard stuff. Our first reading assignment was Batman: Year One, and we were taught, for instance, how to pick-up (and design) conventions such as pacing and negative space and using different shots on each page.

I have to stress, I'd never continuously watch an anime, or any kind of series, with a mediocre story just because it had good animation or music or what-have-you.

Good story is always first, there isn't an argument against that in my opinion, but Soul Eater has a consistently good anime until the moment I mentioned.

14. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HunterXHunter*, Claymore, Kill la Kill, Neon Genesis Evangelion. Im really behind on anime so thats it.

*HunterxHunter is very good, its hard for me to get into anime and was a little apprehensive considering its length and hiatus but honestly its so addicting.

15. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Love Hina.

16. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    KILL la KILL
    Akame Ga Kill

Basically anything not Sword Art Online, which sucks ass or Attack on Titan, which is just too overhyped to be worth it IMO. It's GOOD, but not for the reasons people always list.