Disgustor's Texture Mods!

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Disgustor, Aug 4, 2013.

1. NightmightX Moogle Assistant

Really!? Cool! Terranort9406 inspired me. Alas, I deleted my old YouTube account when I made NightmightX. But all of my mods/posts are still on the KHBBSFM Modding Station by Yosh. But I still have all of my mods on Mediafire. I could link you if you want.

2. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Any texture additions to the texturing thread is welcomed, lol.

3. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

I'll be overhauling this thread soon with tutorials, and probably requesting a name change.

Shouldn't only showcase my work.

I'll need to ask the first couple of posters (Sorentas and you) to edit their posts with relative information.
    Like the first post will be a tutorial on using Crazycatz's tools, second post will be tutorial for texture modding, third will be voice modding, ect.

Might take a bit to get everything typed up, but it seems like the most requested things in the code vault are tutorials on how to use mods now. :p

4. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

I have a video showing how to use the texture mod on my channel

5. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

No problem :p. just message me with the info and when i should do it.

6. NightmightX Moogle Assistant

Does anyone know why this happens only when Sora blinks? I tried it on a newly extracted model and applied my textures, but it didn't fix it.
    [​IMG]

7. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

This is REALLY time consuming to fix. I've fixed it on some of my mods, but haven't released yet.
    That happens because Sora's blinking and mouth opening textures are procedurally colored by the game. They're trying to use the old pallet of colors from the old texture, which obviously changes when you swap the texture. To fix this, open both the old and new textures in photoshop, or gimp or whatever, and on the new texture use Image>Mode>Indexed> Generate optimal pallet. Here comes the time consuming part... on Sora's original face texture, you're going to have to find what colors are used for the blinking texture in the pallet, and copy the corresponding color on the new texture, over EXACTLY THE SAME PLACE as it's used in the blinking texture. Try to keep a text document open, with the color code, and position of the color in the pallet, so you don't accidentally do the same one twice.

In example 1 I find a color used by the blinking texture. In example 2 I move that color to the same place that color would be on the old texture.

[​IMG]

You'll notice that the brown color I replaced made certain pixels become blue. You can copy the original brown color to where the blue color was originally, IF THAT COLOR ISN'T USED IN THE GENERATION OF THE BLINKING TEXTURE. If it is used, then you can copy it somewhere else, or just use a similar shade of brown that's already in the colormap.

You must do this for EVEY COLOR USED BY THE BLINKING AND MOUTH TEXTURE. Once you're finished replacing colors, you can paste the texture you want to use over again, and all of the colors should be correct. I.E. you shouldn't see any blue hair, ect.

The easy way out, is to just use the exact colormapping from the original texture on your new texture. The down side is that you'll get things that look like this...
    This picture is from Trillix.
    [​IMG]

8. NightmightX Moogle Assistant

Thanks! I fixed it! But I took the easy way out. I used the same colormap then just fixed up a couple of pixels. The main downside is the colors are slightly different. The new face is from the BBS/HD textures on the front page.
    [​IMG]

9. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

Nice! This method won't work for every texture.
    For example, this is Dark Riku's Re:CoM face texture, but with the original colormap.

[​IMG]

10. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

hey i have a texture mod request . is there any possable way to make mickeys gold kingdom key on soras kingdom key ?

11. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

12. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

Coming Soon

New mods incoming. :D
    [​IMG]

13. TheGershon Destiny Islands Resident

Damn that looks surprisingly good. How did you get the keyblade backwards? Is that just in the middle of a spin?
    Also requesting Kairi -> Xion please

14. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

Backwards wielding is a code. ;)

01CE26DC 00FF00BA
    11CE0B68 00000323
    1032F01C 00000000

Also I have a LOT planned for KH2, and Xion is already on my list.

15. TheGershon Destiny Islands Resident

That's pretty damn awesome.

Do you mean Kairi from KH2 into Xion? I'd like to see KH1 Kairi as her as well.

EDIT: Also, that code totally doesn't work, at least on PCSX2. Are you sure that's the right one?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  16. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

Hmm... How did you input the code? And did you use any other codes along with it?

Also I'll do both Kairi models. ;)

17. TheGershon Destiny Islands Resident

[​IMG]
    Using word makes a lot of hud items mess up, and using extended makes anything with the hi poly model freak out, along with certain actions giving me the T-stance.
    [​IMG]
    I've also tried it being the only code enabled, same results.

18. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

The texture mod is for KH2FM, so the code is too. Sorry for the confusion. xD

19. TheGershon Destiny Islands Resident

That explains why the hair looks so good, it's actually Roxas/Ventus's hair :p
    Did CrazyCat give you access to the texture editor already?

20. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen