Help XenForo Design Issue: Invited Participants' Usernames on Conversations

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Amaury, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I don't feel like writing it all again, so just read my thread here.

At this point, this is a design issue that can't be easily fixed due to storage mechanisms, but it sounds like it may be fixed sometime in the future. However, it can currently be fixed by rebuilding conversations in the admin control panel. Although that may not really work out for KH-Vids because of all the username changes that happen, unless there's a cron job that can be set up that will automatically rebuild conversations every, say, 24 hours.

2. Misty gimme kiss

There's a reason Xenforo does this: updating usernames that often causes unnecessary server load. On a site as large as ours, that's a big process to be run for very little benefit. You'll still be directed to the person's profile if you click their username.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

What has me the most curious is that the conversation starter's username updates, but not the invited participants. Any idea why XenForo does that? :p[DOUBLEPOST=1394772428][/DOUBLEPOST]@Misty: Wait a minute. I just thought of something. It automatically updates usernames everywhere else like the forum list, just not personal conversations, so can't all that cause big server load?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014