Dearly Beloved

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by . : tale_wind, Sep 13, 2014.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

That gentle tune we all know and love, Dearly Beloved has had a new version played over the title screen to every Kingdom Hearts game, even including the Re: games and Kingdom Hearts X. Not only that, but the melody itself has cameoed in several other soundtrack pieces, including, but not limited to Musique pur la Tristesse de Xion, Sacred Distance, Dearly Dreams, Always On My Mind, and others.

So which arrangements or variations on Dearly Beloved are your favorites?

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

The BBS version is most special to me, mostly due to the fact it plays during my favorite cutscene in the series (the BBS secret ending).

3. Arch Mana Knight

BBS and Chi.

BBS's version felt the most somber and Chi's...just is one of the most unique variations of it.

4. Explode Who?!

They all have something unique, but Birth by Sleep's rendition definitely sounds the most complete to me. Most versions are pretty simple, which is fine because it's a nice melody. BBS's has multiple parts to it, and a strong build-up which makes it feel a lot more dynamic. And as was already said, it was put to excellent use in the BBS secret ending. I'm also quite partial to Always On My Mind, and how it was used at the end of Kingdom Hearts.

They both have special moments tied to them, which helps them stick with me more. But that aside, I think they're really great pieces.

5. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh gosh, this is a pretty hard one for me....

I love the simple melody on the KH1 version but the Birth By Sleep version sounds the best for me since i just love it how there are multiple parts on that version plus for the face that it fits with the secret ending of BBS....

6. Ghost King's Apprentice

I don't know what it is I like about it but I've always found the version played in DDD to be my favorite. It's still simple like the original but about half way through the tone changes and it almost feels like, to me, that it's giving off a circus-y or carnival -ish vibe. Then it fades back into the beginning. I love the way it sounds.

7. Antidote Façade

I like all of the Dearly Beloved arrangements to an extent, but I would say that my favourite hands down is Birth by Sleep's. When everything stops and it's just the violin solo, it gives me chills. It's very somber and has a sense of vulnerability. I find it very fitting and it really sets the tone for the game.

8. Fellangel Bichael May

Man the BBS makes my top pick of the best Simple and Clean version c: