Convention Story

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Scarred Nobody, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

i just got back to a con that was happening in Albequerque. There were two voice actresses from Madoka Magica as special guests and I was doing a panel involvg the third film, Rebellion. So, I decided to get their autographs on Saturday since I wouldn't have time on Sunday.

Flash forward to this morning, where I started setting up for my panel. There was no projector in the room, so much of the time was spent finding that. I had been advertising it around all weekend to people, many of which said they were interested. Only one guy showed up for the panel. And outside of the room, in the lobby area, the voice actresses are doing a voice acting panel. Not the best of situations.

Someone from staff was helping me set up the projector, which was projecting the film's poster. I then hear Mami's actress yell "oh my god, is that Madoka?! What panel is that?"

So, I step out of the room and told them about what my panel was all about, exploring storytelling, characters, themes, all that good stuff. It felt really cool to be acknowledged by the voice actors that actually worked on what I was talking about, and they seemed to be interested in it. I was even tempted to invite them to come watch it, but they had autographs afterwards. So, it was me showing the presentation to one guy and we chatted for the rest of the time.

So, long story short, what could've been one of the lowest points of the weekend became a high point of this passed year.