Christmas lists!

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Jayn, Dec 10, 2014.

1. cstar stay away from my waifu

Okay so like, my family used to spend way more than they should have for Christmas. They originally did it because I live in a town with a decent amount of wealthy people and they didn't want me to be all sad and offended if I didn't get what I wanted

But as I aged, I figured it out and told them to stop overspending because it's not worth it, most of these really expensive items I ended up destroying or donating because I never used it. I just started saying, "I'll list three items and surprise me with two more. I only want 5 inexpensive gifts."

Nowadays though because money is so tight, my mom said she could only get three inexpensive gifts originally. That was fine, it's more of the idea of caring and being with my family then anything. And it shouldn't bother me, but my mom has already given me two of my Christmas presents early, and says she might not be able to afford a third. And I am fine with that I really am it's just... I'm not getting anything under the tree this year. I'm happy with having a new headset and some new shirts but like... the spirit feels gone?

Meh in the end I don't really like Christmas anyway, it's just an excuse for us to dress in red and green and spend way more time at the store than we usually would.

But hey, at least we're gonna see my grandparents in Florida again for Christmas. I'm not gonna pretend that doesn't mean something!

(I'm still really hoping I can get some new pjs or fuzzy socks because I love me some fuzzy socks)

2. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

At a guess, I'd say between 100 and 150 dollars, but that's often more than I'm comfortable with. I always include a couple of expensive things on my lists just fill out a wide range of prices, but lately I've noticed myself asking for books more often and I always encourage people to buy things used when they can, especially for expensive things like games. I want to bring down what I expect from my parents to between 50 and 100 dollars and my grandparents to no more than $50. I'm not poor like I expect you mean, but I'm also far from rich and have no desire be like rich people.

3. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

For Christmas I'd like a NNTENDO SIXTY-FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR........and destruction.....but honestly I have no idea....probably a lump of coal so I can smack somebody annoying with it.....

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  4. Antidote Façade

Don't know. I just told people to take it easy and not to go overboard on spending and I'm happy with whatever.

5. Doukuro Chaser

For Christmas it's always been one expensive gift or a few cheap gifts. Past few years I've always said I'd be okay with nothing but always get some stuff anyway. This year I'm looking forward to new clothes since that's always a thing and I don't have many right now. Maybe a laptop if nothing else but that's pricey. Idk nothing is still okay.

6. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

I will ask for just some money this year, since I hadn't had the time to think about what exactly I want. Mainly stuff that will be spent on cosplay and video games and fancy artbooks.

7. Jayn

I honestly felt like once I hit a certain age Christmas presents wouldn't really be a thing anymore, so I kept saying I didn't need anything, but they insist. This year, I really just wish I had money to get other people presents, but since that felt weird to ask for, I asked my family for a Kindle HDX and a gift card for Forever 21 ... Anything Evangelion related would be amazing, too. Thank you for asking. ; u ;

8. Laurence_Fox Chaser

My list was pretty simple this year and mostly practical things.

Realist list:
    • some new belts
    • jeans, t-shirts, hoodies
    • Reign Season 1
    • some puzzle books
    • Castle season 1
    • a framed picture of my niece and nephew
    Unrealistic list
    • Ian Bohen

9. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Your soul.

10. T3F Chaser

We're fairly well off over here. I'd say roughly $150-$200 per child (there's 4 of us). Next year my brother is getting married in greece, so my parents are buying my airfares for it for Christmas, as they know I have very little money of my own.
    That's going to cost them a LOT of money, and if I can contribute to paying for some part of that trip myself I will.
    Otherwise, I've gradually saved up enough money to buy the things I really want. I have all my recording equipment, I've bought a guitar amp, I share my brother's PS4 and his games, and I have enough clothing to last me a looong time.
    I don't like people buying me things for Christmas. Although it's a very nice gesture, I feel terrible about people going out of their way and spending money on me.

In all honesty, I'm just really happy to see the family this Christmas. I'm buying New Years Eve tickets for my friends as my Christmas present to them. I really don't have a list this year, but I've decided I would like a scrapbook. I collect things throughout the year and put them in there. So yeah, that would be nice :)

11. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE