Christmas lists!

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Jayn, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Janime6 the truest queen of them all

already got new laptop but that was basically Christmas

other than that it would normally be Monogatari BDs and any Monogatari related figmas/nendoroids/figures​

2. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm adding this to mine.

3. Hiro ✩ Guardian

SH Figuarts Mighty Morphin' Green Ranger

That's literally all I want because he's like $100 and everywhere he's only like $40 has him out of stock which is like "no Christmas for u Hector"

4. Misty gimme kiss

Can I ask a weird question? How much do you guys expect your parents to spend on you every year? Like not in a spoiled Dudley Dursley way but like how much are you accustomed to?

I've been poor like my whole life so when I hear about people getting phones and laptops and TVs and other big things for Christmas it's somewhat mind-boggling. Not trying to make anyone feel spoiled just curious

5. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Personally, I don't really WANT my family to buy me anything. We're fairly well off for the area we live in, and I'm fortunate enough to earn more than enough for what I want/need, so it's always bothered me when they get me things. I feel kinda guilty?

In answer to the list question, I'm looking at rebuilding my computer, so new motherboard, new CPU, and graphics cards and waterblocks. Maybe a M.2 drive.

6. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Bah-humbug

just trying to keep the usual christmas spirit i have here

7. Patman Bof

Same here. Not that I' m rich, I barely get by, but when I want something I can get it on my own. Same for my sisters. Most years we' re broke, we only pick something for each other if a) we can afford it and b) we know for a fact it will be appreciated. No random present for the sake of it. My parents are quite wealthy though so they do bother picking something every year, even when they clearly have no clue whatsoever what to pick. Last year I got artisanal tea, most years I get a sweater. Anyway, my mum is a killer cook, her Christmas meals are enough for me.

8. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Basically this. Every year. This.

9. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Usually my parents spend around $150-200 per kid (I have four other siblings). Most of the presents that we usually get are movies that my mom got for $1 at Black Friday, which isn't all that bad for me because I really love movies. There is usually one big gift for everyone a year, which is actually really cool. Like two years ago, I got a bunch of nice small presents as well as a 3DS.

10. Mish smiley day!

I wouldn't be surprised if my family as a whole (Mother and Grandparents) spent at least £400 (~$630) on me at Christmas. It helps that I'm an only child.

Here's my list anyways

-Toastie maker
    -Earphones (don't really care about quality, so cheapy ones will do)
    -Socks
    -World of Ice and Fire
    -Gift vouchers to a salon and shops that I like

I can't wait for new socks

11. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

~$50 total. Company and food goes a long way.

12. Amaury Legendary Hero

Usually about $100, adding to the fact that it's usually also about a $100 for my birthday (she was only able to do $80~ for my birthday this year, though, which was fine).

13. Aelin Best Waifu

Depends on the year, how my father's work goes (he is on commission so slow year equals little money for my family) and what I need. Generally my parents spend around a hundred bucks but I got a laptop several years ago when I started highschool and my brother would never let me on the only desktop we had so homework was more difficult. Got a tv last year when I moved out and didn't have one or Internet or anything and was over an hour away from friends and family. But my dad also had a really good work year. So yeah it is really dependant. Most years I get a few smaller things or money and just leave it at that.

14. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Other than providing me with food and paying for doctor visits... barely anything, but that's only because I keep insisting on paying for the stuff I want.

15. Fearless A good and beautiful child

When I was little, I was the only kid in the house at Christmas time, so I got pretty spoiled rotten with the toys. Like, when I was seven, I got a PS1 AND an Easy-Bake Oven AND a bunch of other stuff.

Then my siblings started sticking around at the holidays and I started getting to the age where my mother didn't know what I liked unless I told her outright so I got less stuff, but the stuff I got was more expensive.

Nowadays I am once again the only kid in the house but my mother still doesn't know what I like so I generally write a short list with a few games or something on it, and my mother will take me to the mall and basically tell me she'll buy me whatever clothes/accessories/other small items I want.

Tl;Dr, Generally ~$200-300.

16. Jin うごかないで

Index season 3
    All the original index volumes in english which are slowly being released by yen press now
    Medaka Box season 3
    Air Gear remake
    Accelerator
    Ps4
    Kingdom hearts 3
    Final Fantasy XV
    Naruto UNS4
    The Sora and Roxas figures with replaceable hands
    Kizumonogatari to be released already
    More Index posters.

17. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

pair of moccasins

sweaters

18. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I'm roughly used to $50 from my mom and about $200 between my grandparents. I really wouldn't be hurt if I stopped receiving money because it typically goes to clothes or other necessities, so basically like a christmas bonus from an employer. I hate asking anyone for money so they don't even ask me what I want because I'm just like, "Meh, whatever you get me is fine. Pants I guess."

The cash is a pretty cool bonus but I enjoy christmas for the festivities. Mainly I just like the color differential in comparison to all the other seasons. I'm a very visual based person and christmas time is the most appealing, at least to me, holiday out there. I've had a fascination with christmas lights since I was old enough to be aware of them.

So yeah, on average I receive anywhere from $250 to $300. That's more recent years though. When I was a kid, christmas was like $20 in toys, a sweater, and mcdonalds. I actually remember one christmas where my mom and stepdad couldn't afford to get me and my brothers anything. My brothers threw a fit and I actually started crying because they weren't going to get any christmas. I think I ended up wrapping up some of my old toys and put them under the tree for them. I still think to this day they don't know it was me.

~Nights

19. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I'm usually okay with whatever my parents wanna spend. They do try their best to find what I want and match it, but if they miss it I never have the heart to tell them that they're wrong. This year all I asked for was the Metroid Other M Samus Figma, which is about $40. If they wanna throw in something else like the RWBY Volume 2 DVD then that would be okay too, but I would still be okay with anything.

I don't have expectations, I just generally accept what I get.

20. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I was asked to make four different lists to give to various family members because nobody in my family but me understands that part of the fun in receiving a gift is knowing that somebody cares enough about you to consider your interests and take the time to think about what they want to give you based on that. I'll post those four lists here as well as bonus list in case anyone on KHV has an interest in doing anything for me.

List 1
    • Soul Eater NOT! Volume 3 and on (Books)
    • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
    • The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya (Hardback) (Book)
    • Neon Genesis Evangelion 1.11 and on (Movie, Blu-Ray/DVD)

List 2
    • Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Shinji Ikari Raising Project Volume 3 and on (Books)
    • Tearaway (PS Vita)
    • The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hardback) (Book)
    • Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (3DS)

List 3
    • Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Volumes 3 and 4 (Books)
    • Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PS Vita)
    • No Game No Life Volume 1 and on (Hardback preferred) (Books)
    • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (3DS)

List 4
    • The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan Volume 6 and on (Books)
    • Super Smash Brothers for Wii U (Wii U)
    • Old Navy Long Sleeve Shirt Waffle-Knit Outside Striped Inside (Blue to match my coat) (Red) (Green) Turns out they don't make it anymore and it's a shame because I've had this one for like years and it's starting to fall apart.
    • Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

KHV List
    • I need participants for Adeptus Evangelion: Angelic Siege. I have one guy who says he's interested, but I need at least four pilots (but no more than six!) and an Operations Director before anything can start to take shape. I've even got a GREAT alternate Third Impact that I can't wait to use.
    • I'd like for someone to get me back up to date with what's going on in Gamergate so I can make a signature to show my support. I'm having trouble distinguishing between articles talking about the actual issues, people bashing the movement, and people saying "WOO GAMERGATE" just because they think it's trendy. I think it's still about integrity in gaming journalism, but I'm seeing so many different views on it that I'm having trouble with seeing what the facts are. Useful links to put in my signature would be appreciated as well.
    • Advice on how I can become Tumblr famous without having any skill in art, music, politics, toucan wrangling, or doxxing people.
    • A Yami flood for old times sake.
    Also, I already got a bunch of stuff from my redditgifts Santa. Check it out.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014